It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian-Linked Hackers Tried at Least 5x to Hack Hillary's Private Server--AP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This just released on Twitter from Asscociated Press:

BREAKING: Emails show Russia-linked hackers tried at least 5 times to break into Clinton private server.

twitter.com...

Developing now....

Emails: Russia-linked hackers tried to access Clinton server

WASHINGTON (AP) — Russia-linked hackers tried at least five times to pry into Hillary Rodham Clinton's private email account while she was secretary of state, emails released Wednesday show. It is unclear if she clicked on any attachment and exposed her account.

Clinton received the infected emails, disguised as speeding tickets, over four hours early on the morning of Aug. 3, 2011. The emails instructed recipients to print the attached tickets, which would have allowed hackers to take control of their computers.

Security researchers who analyzed the malicious software in September 2011 said that infected computers would transmit information from victims to at least three server computers overseas, including one in Russia. That doesn't necessarily mean Russian intelligence or citizens were responsible.

Clinton has said repeatedly that the unusual homebrew server she used was secure.

But the phishing attempts highlight the risk of Clinton's unsecure email being pried open by foreign intelligence agencies,
even if others also received the virus concealed as a speeding ticket from Chatham, New York. The email misspelled the name of the city, came from a supposed New York City government account and contained a "Ticket.zip" file that would have been a red flag.

Most commercial antivirus software at the time would have detected the software, identified it as dangerous and prevented users from infecting themselves. It was unclear if the State Department's network security would have flagged the infected message, or what precautions were in place protecting Clinton's server in the basement of her home in Chappaqua.

The State Department and other government agencies, during Clinton's tenure and after, suffered its own series of hacking attacks. U.S. counterterrorism officials have linked them to China and Russia.

news.yahoo.com...

Certainly no surprise here. Apparently, this was a series of Phishing scams by Russian-linked hackers...derived from her emails. It had something to do with infected-emails disguised as speeding tickets.

Hopefully, Hillary didn't click one...we know how technically-saavy she says she is.

I'm sure this is just the beginning of hacking revelations regarding Clinton's server and there will be more news released very soon.

edit on 30-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment and links added

edit on 30-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: headline explanation

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"Tried" implies failed.

How many times have they successfully hacked into US Government servers?

I'll bet the number isn't zero.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It'll be interesting to watch the fallout, given today's development in Syria. If Hillary wasn't already a bumbling mess amid the Bengazi scandal, then as she limps toward the ambulances we may have the bemused pleasure of watching her take the fall for Russia positioning its support for Assad, maybe Al Queda, having provided information later used against us in her effort to keep emails about her daughter's wedding private.

Or they hack everyone.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Is it very timely, this information on Russian Hackers is out, especially regarding another elite mouthpiece.

Oh! And Why is that info coming out now that Russia is has spoken some truthful things in the UNGA? And how this information going to divert attention from Hillary's email scandal itself.

Peace

edit on 30-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Mideast War:

Blame Muslims

Cold War:

Blame RUSSIANS!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Who hasn't had those kind of emails?

Most of them are sent out by bots, I dont think SHE was targeted. However, should anything dodgy be found on her servers I'm quite sure she'll be shouting "It was those nasty russians who put it there, I'm innocent"

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Most of them are sent out by bots, I dont think SHE was targeted. However, should anything dodgy be found on her servers I'm quite sure she'll be shouting "It was those nasty russians who put it there, I'm innocent"

Probably some chain email marketing thing from Russia? Or was it planted?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Pffft the Ruskies are clearly light-weights then.

The NSA can hack anyones emails first time around, and have been doing so for years, the US government has approved this.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There's really no way to determine who was responsible for the emails, so saying that it was Russians is very irresponsible. Not to mention that most people with an email account get these kinds of emails. Which makes this pretty much of a non-story.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Russian server are less monitored, It's not surprising it's come from russian computer (probably not a russian hacker)... And everybody got some of those "hacker" mails... so...
Yep, a non-news.

edit on 30-9-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What nothing new here these phishing mails are common from there. MSM once again going to run with it to justify she's in the clear.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It does illustrate just how vulnerable her private server was to hacking. It also doesn't speak well to her server's protection.
Hopefully, she never clicked the link. I'm sure she'll be asked.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Who cares? It's not like she had classified emails on it.

(sarcasm)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well they did say Snowden was retuning to twitter.

Second.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here is a copy of one of the infected emails she received:
twitter.com...

I'm sure anyone who can't recognize top secret emails, would never be fooled by this.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
this matters why?

I'm sure her work computer, mobile phone, bills computer, work emails, have also been hacked multiple times among dozens if not hundreds of attempts.

Just another brain dead news piece for brain dead Americans who actually think they are making important decisions based of this total nonsense reporting.

This email server charade is just a drop in the known ocean of things the government individuals do. The republicans and their media influence are pretending like this is a massive deal worthy of round the clock coverage to make sure they have a better standing come election - so they can break the laws and make themselves rich.

what a load of bulldung.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well of course it's possible these "special" emails have been selectively released and highlighted to create an automatic assumption that the server was never breached.

Controlled opposition works.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Maybe this matters because she has Top Secret information on her server. She is also running for President of the US and is blackmailable.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

yes, 2 whole emails that were not labelled as top secret at the time of sending.

whoopy f*kn doo..

you don't think there are more important things to be focusing on?

This is why the US is a bit of a joke on the world arena and people/countries no longer respect you internationally.

You waste all your time and effort of total horse dung - the republican/democratic media (who ever is in power at the time) Saturates your airwaves with total nonsense like an episode of days of our lives hoping it will convince the uneducated monkey masses which way to vote.

I mean look at you.. Multiple countries are facing off in Syria, the Middle east is a war zone, the economy is going down the toilet, NK is playing with Nukes, South America is getting very aggressive and all you and your TV cares about are 2 stupid bloody emails from 4-5yrs ago.

WAKE THE HELL UP AMERICA!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
She is also running for President of the US and is blackmailable.

Haha..

yeah right, the focus of these emails is driven out of the fear the President of the United States could be blackmailed.

Her having an email about North Korea's nuclear testing means she is blackmailable.

After Clintons blowjob, Bushs 911 and Iraq parades, Bhengazi... the big concern is 2 emails.

Boy o Boy the saturated Murdoch Media really has sucked you in!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join