It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carly Fiorina: Politics is a fact-free zone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
By now i'm sure some of you are aware of my disdain for Carly Fiorina. I've written a couple of threads about here this past week. Carly Fiorina: Waterboarding Helped ‘Keep Our Nation Safe’ and Carly Fiorina Rejects Facts

Just when do thought she had gone "full retard." Carly manages to turn the dial to 11.

Republican presidential hopeful Carly Fiorina spoke at an event yesterday hosted by the Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association, where she reflected on the difference between the worlds of politics and business. “Politics is a fact-free zone,” she said. “People just say things.” Source

Yup, she has been playing that "politics" game all to well lately. She did try to substantiate her claim with some reason...

"The thing is, business is not a fact-free zone. In fact, business is a fact-filled zone," she continued. "So as chief executive of Hewlett-Packard, I had to stand every 90 days and defend our results in excruciating detail. And if I misrepresented those results in any way, I could be held criminally liable. Now, just suppose for a moment that anyone else running for president was held criminally liable for anything they said." source

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Sheesh! That was the PC way of calling politicians liars!

Don't care for the woman, but can we say "manufactured outrage"?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Business being a "fact-filled zone"? Bahahaha! Spoken like a true business-woman. Those banks sure never lie! Business is all about the facts, except when they get in the way of their profits! I think that's a little more noteworthy than her calling politicians liars, that's pretty much a given nowadays.

What a load of bull#.

edit on 9/30/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Misread the op, belay my last Seeker.
edit on thWed, 30 Sep 2015 17:22:37 -0500America/Chicago920153780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: seeker1963

Do you say the same thing when Obama and Hilary lie?

That it is just manufactured outrage...

She called politicians liars. That seems intuitive to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

She would know since she is playing the same games.

Lies like the rest of them.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Metallicus

She would know since she is playing the same games.

Lies like the rest of them.

I agree they all lie. It is good to have common ground with you.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

By now i'm sure some of you are aware of my disdain for Carly Fiorina.

No kidding! You seem like you have a personal vendetta against the woman.

I think she is an intelligent and articulate woman. Some people are intimidated by that and tend to try to tear them down to make themselves feel better.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about Fiorina.

She has zero chance of getting the nomination.

And, even if the world went crazy for a few months and she did, she'd be unable to win a single state.

She's the flavor of the month. Because they need this to look like a real race.

So when they hand the nomination to Jeb it will look like he "beat some stiff competition" and didn't just get the nod because of his name and connections.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

I really hope you aren't right about Jeb Bush.

My greatest fear is Jeb Vs. Hilary.
edit on 2015/9/30 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Shes right.

One will not find facts in politics. It's all about perceptions.

The first victim of politics is truth/Facts.

Most people don't even care.

All warfare is based on DECEPTION. The first casualty is the truth.

Politics is a war of ideology.

Whoever lies best ?

Wins.
edit on 30-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Business IS politics, just not governmental politics.

But in business its all about perception. Perception is reality.

LOL, not a fact free zone.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why even focus on her? She's right, plays it herself as well, too bad it's not acknowledged elsewhere. But don't fret if you dislike her she'll likely drop out soon enough, that side of the same coin has bigger plans with their other pawns.
edit on 30-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

"The thing is, business is not a fact-free zone. In fact, business is a fact-filled zone," she continued. "So as chief executive of Hewlett-Packard, I had to stand every 90 days and defend our results in excruciating detail. And if I misrepresented those results in any way, I could be held criminally liable. Now, just suppose for a moment that anyone else running for president was held criminally liable for anything they said." source

Didn't she completely screw up her position at HP??? Now she's involved in politics.

Does she realize that her own example basically points out what a failure she is at being honest??? She didn't do well in business which from her example would imply that she's not good with facts. So now she runs to politics where she's running for Pres. and doing ok which implies again that she does much better when no facts are involved.

She needs better advisors.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Moresby

I really hope you aren't right about Jeb Bush.

My greatest fear is Jeb Vs. Hilary.

Well, I'd learn some relaxation techniques then. Because that's very likely to happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Some people still like to use facts to back up their arguments... although this is not a strong suit of Republicans. Democrats like to use empirical studies and research to back up their claims.
edit on 30pmWed, 30 Sep 2015 18:09:52 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Some people still like to use facts to back up their arguments... although this is not a strong suit of Republicans. Democrats like to use empirical studies and research to back up their claims.

Well then produce the evidence GW said the consitution was a GD piece of paper.

I will be waiting.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Business IS politics, just not governmental politics.

But in business its all about perception. Perception is reality.

LOL, not a fact free zone.

Well, when you say you want to rebuild the missile defense system in Poland. And Obama is already doing that. And his system is larger than what she or any Republican has proposed.

That's one problematic perception.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
I wouldn't worry about Fiorina.

She has zero chance of getting the nomination.

And, even if the world went crazy for a few months and she did, she'd be unable to win a single state.

She's the flavor of the month. Because they need this to look like a real race.

So when they hand the nomination to Jeb it will look like he "beat some stiff competition" and didn't just get the nod because of his name and connections.

If that were the case she wouldnt be gaining on Trump.........

I think she has just as much chance as anyone, and she would absolutely DESTROY Hillary........

Everyone is screaming for someone whose not a politician, They got that and a Female in Fiorina......

Why does the left hate women so much?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

LOLOLOLOLOLL

Where the hell have you been the last 8 yrs?

"If you like your provider you can keep it"

"Healthcare coverage for everyone"

"I know nothing about Benghazi"

"what Emails"

Come on man give me a break thats not even scratching the surface

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join