It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Retain Memories from an Alternate Timeline?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I absolutely love a good temporal paradox and I love the various theories surrounding time travel and alternate timelines. I see many people that claim to remember names and events differently than they have been recorded in our history. I am not saying that these are real or imagined, because frankly, I also remember the BerenSTEIN Bears not the BerenSTAIN Bears.

I thought it might be worthwhile to ask a more fundamental question in regards to the entire controversy. Would you retain memories from an alternate timeline even as you are thrust into an alternate one?

I don't know the answer...sorry, but I believe if we somehow migrated into a new time line we would probably adopt the memories of this new timeline and lose the old memories.

Does anyone else have any theories or have a more eloquent explaination for how this would work (in theory of course). I am simply a curious layperson who wants to have new ideas to contemplate.

What say you ATS?!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't see why you wouldn't retain the memories, because you're not restarting on a new timeline, you're just continuing on into a new one while still having done everything the same in the past.

It's much like merging from one interstate to another--you still remember your journey on the other interstate because you're not replacing that journey, you're just continuing on the same journey on a different road.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In Continuum they do.

No such thing as paradox's either.

And apparently the same people CAN exist in the same space at the same time.

Good luck finding your answers.

Hope ATS has a time traveler.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
In Continuum they do.

No such thing as paradox's either.

And apparently the same people CAN exist in the same space at the same time.

Good luck finding your answers.

Hope ATS has a time traveler.

I know there might not be any attainable answers at this time, but is sure is fun to think about the various scenarios and theories.

Thank you for responding!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I suspect that there may be some kind of "quantum echo" of a previous timeline that sneaks its way into your brain. The effect is one of "deja vu" or getting the odd feeling somebody famous has died more than once.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I always think of Gef as either a reincarnated human who retained his previous life memories or a consciousness from another timeline somehow stuck in a mongoose body.

Or a family of liars.

Either way interesting story and thread

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Its about the way we decipher our timelines instructions or laws of nature. Each vibrational frequency gives us an understanding of our capabilities. basically we know what we need to know to survive. Think of the past and each timeline advances our understanding thus improving our survival chances in an ever evolving world.

We will have the same memories just interpret them differently so they will not be the same effect.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Is reincarnation sort of the same thing?

I think my current behaviour and general lifestyle leanings are due to my previous life experiences, so in a way different timeline is echoing in me now.

I get such strong De Ja Vu, that it wouldn't surprise, sometimes I think I have dreamt (how has 'dreamt' got a red line under it?!, it's a word!), and then I am actually living the moment.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We do this timeline thing in our RP world. We say that the timeline or dimensional reality you are in tends to overwrite your memories and as a safety mechanism your psyche lets it happen otherwise you would be overwhelmed by all the little details that you would remember that would clash, all the little paradoxes like Berenstein/Berenstain and slowly go mad.

The only people who can retain their memories are either those with a good degree of mental discipline or those with total recall, and they have to be very careful or they can drive themselves mad even IF they understand what's going on. Or those around them think they are mad.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Is time a line or is there only now? Who invented clocks anyway?

I think past memories are from others that used to live here. By here I mean on the earth, because the earth is always traveling where its never been before. Sometimes we get to experience others or their memories. Gives rise to all kinds of theories about other dimensions, reincarnation, time travel.

But really, there is just here and now.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Possibly, I don't wish to subscribe to this craziness, but when I herd billy Graham was alive my heart stopped well nearly, the issue is, I was in the car with my father years ago, and it was announced on radio he had died. My father being a devout Christian it was somewhat of a big deal we discussed it then. He remembers now and it also messes with him, you see it came to pass that Billy Graham's son had taken over his ministry and it was a huge ordeal and even televised on T.V the funeral and all. This is insanity, I have no way to explain this reasonably because it's not a changed letter or a phonetic memory malfunction, no this is a completely arbitrary memory that many folks have, that evidently never happened. When considering this my mind does loops. I don't know what to think and this is not easily explainable.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I thought about this a while ago as I suffered what for me was a traumatic reality shift or change, one that had me convinced that at least my CONSCIOUSNESS was not from this reality or time stream.

In my case I remember passages in the revelation of St John of Patmos or the Book Or Revelation in which a being like unto the son of man came down from heaven and overcame the beast and the kingdom of the beast (not destroyed overcame whatever that meant), now the number of the beast is well known as Six Threescore and Six or 666 (Which is the number of 'A' Man) but this being also had a number and that was Seven Threescore and Seven (Which is 'THE' number of MAN) and later a passage read and still does "And he that overcometh will I give the rod of Iron as my father gave unto me that he may smash all nation's as potsherds" (for only the house founded on the rock not sand shall stand).

But it was not only this as there were other passages that have altered such as in genesis were jacob had a vision of God at a place in the desert were weary he took a stone and lay his head down to rest using it as a pillow.

While he slept he heard a voice saying "Jacob, Jacob, Jacob My Son" and he turned to see a great ladder standing as it were between the earth and heaven.
He saw being's ascending and descending upon it and these were the angel's of the Lord going about his business in the world.
ABOVE heaven he saw a being like unto a man standing before and amidst a mighty throne like unto a saphire and an emerald (As I remember it also had other crystals and stone like those in the book of revelation in the description of new jerusalem).
He was crowned with a rainbow (but with more colours) and his face shone like the sun, his eye's blazed white like coals in a furnace.
His hair and beard were whiter than snow and his hand's and feet shone like burnished brass reflecing the flames of a furnace.
He was robed in white and girlded around his chest with a golden girdle.
As jacob looked up he said "I am your father and the God of your forefather's Abraham and Isaac and Behold this place upon which you now lie Jacob, as far as you can see to the east and the west, the north and the south I give unto you and your children as an inheritance for all generation's even unto the end of the world and can you count the sand's of the earth upon which you now lie Jacob or the stars of heaven above but I alone whom MADE them know there TRUE number and behold I shall multiply your descendant's until they are greater in number even than these but they shall not always obey me and I shall punish them, like chaff upon the threshing caught in the wind floor I shall scatter then to the north and to the south, to the east and to the west, into every nation and every family of man shall I scatter them until all the world are blessed by your seed but a remnant I shall keep true unto my name and when I have fullfilled these thing's which I have told you I shall return them here unto this place and raise them up even unto my throne and set them as rulers and king's over the earth".

There were many other parts of the bible that have changed compared to what I refer to as my base reality as well and also I remember the sky being blue not grey, the grass really green not the colour it is now.

I tried to find an explanation and the only thing I could come up with was a wild hypothesis based on parrallel theory.

Take a black hole, not a brown hole but a true black hole, when it forms there is a place called the event horizon were to all intent and purpose the universe essentially stops as no matter or energy can escape it and indeed through a process called spaghettification or the stretching of time and space under the absolute gravity of a true black hole all matter and energy is destroyed or rather pulled apart even subatomic fluctuation's as the superfield or superstring is pulled taught and all matter, energy and even information is essentially stretched out of existance so I disagree with the theory that black holes store data, now it stood to reason in my hypothesis that if this be the case then if that black hole exists and form's simultaneaously in multiple parralel reality's then maybe it merges those reality's by sending out a quantum gravity shock wave kind of like a reality zipper that slam's them back together and that collapses those reality's back into a single reality meaning that for an example a guy goes to the shop in one reality wearing a blue jumper and carrying a ten pound note in his pocket but in another reality very close he is wearing a red jumper and he is carrying two five pound notes instead of one ten pound note.

As the reality's merge one reality only can survive but it is a combination of the two reality's and is different to either.

For example the man may find himself now wearing a red jumper and yet he could swear he put on his blue one, he reaches into his pocket for the ten pound note and hand's it to the cashier whom says it is not enough, in confusion he say he gave her ten pound but she shows him the five pound note, luckily for him he find's the other five pound note in his pocket and can pay but feel's a little red faced and embarrased by the event.

edit on 30-9-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I absolutely love a good temporal paradox and I love the various theories surrounding time travel and alternate timelines. I see many people that claim to remember names and events differently than they have been recorded in our history. I am not saying that these are real or imagined, because frankly, I also remember the BerenSTEIN Bears not the BerenSTAIN Bears.

What say you ATS?!

Holy Smokes - I had to look this up...I also read Bernstein Bears growing up...I had the weirdest feeling when I googled and saw wikipedia say "Berenstain Bears"

WTF.....I'm eerily freaked out my friend....

Do we have any ATSers who have hyperthymesia or an Eidetic memory? I'd think that a true test.

edit on 30-9-2015 by DrumStickNinja because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2015 by DrumStickNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I Think I have heard this before about billy graham, over here in the UK evangelists are less well known but I have heard something.

Not exactly the same but I remember the BBC news talking to Eugene Terrablanche the white supremacist in South Africa whom before the end of Apartheid was leading a vociferous group of South African new Nazi's complete with khaki uniform's, peaked cap's and there own version of a swastika based on 777 joined at the tale (in my reality 777 was a common mistranslation of Seven Threescore and Seven because the word Score was no longer common language so left some confusion among readers).

In the interview (I remember him be nicknamed THE BOER in my reality) he was shown giving a speech to a rally of his follower's and he explained to the interviewer how he had based his flag not on a Nazi flag, it was obvious he was lying as anyone with a view of history knew he had since it was an exact copy complete with a red background, white circle and black swastika except his swastika had only three arm's but he claimed and tried to explain that rather it was based on the NUMBER OF MAN from the book of revelation and he further made the typical and sickening racist claim that the African's (Every man woman and child) were beasts so they were the six threescore and six, I remember it vividly as I being a quite religious young man whom was merely watching the BBC news at the time (some time late in the 1980's about a year or so before abolition) literally jumped out of my chair in rage at how he was twisting the words of the bible (or at least the version of the KJ bible I remember).

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes you retain the memories and it is a full time job piecing together different scrap realities in order to keep everyone hypnotized. As soon as a need arises to replace or patch in segments of data into our reality there is an order that goes out through the control grid. Soon after the order is givin one can look up into the sky and see the planes lubing up the atmosphere with what we call chem trails. Without this the amount of electrical interference would be such as to render false fear and risk a tremendous explosion.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
About 26,500 years ago our solar system was around the same location In the galaxy... That was before the ice age we know of, and there are said to be more then one that have happened, and with the ice changing the surface of the planet, could there be a possibility that we don't know what the planet was like at all then? If an ice age were to happen now what would the people who survive see the world to be... Have to start from scratch? So my theory is that we are hearing possible echoes of a vibration held in this space we take up... Mayb you and I were here, then, and we know that the names and things were different and possibly crossing memories of past lives? When we die we could send our "soul" 25,600 years to the future to the point where we r born again and get to try and do better.... Just a crazy theory lol

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Who invented clocks anyway?

90840 drop per gallon
86400 seconds per day

life by the drop

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: intrptr

Who invented clocks anyway?

90840 drop per gallon
86400 seconds per day

life by the drop

Thats a narrow time zone, ala Goldilocks…

new topics

top topics

join