It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Richard Nixon be a 'Crook' by Today's Standards?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Iran-Contra anyone? Negotiating with terrorists both before and after he took office? How quickly we forget (rewrite history) Reagan's treasonous acts. It's astounding that Reagan didn't serve out his remaining delusional years in jail (instead he was placed on a flimsy plastic pedestal). In no way am I singling him out (nor stating that being a treasonous crook is a partisan issue). He just seems to be oddly left out thus far.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Dude they are all crooks.. Every day they take money from lobbyist, or free trips women, drugs etc to vote for corporate interests...
Nixon, was by far a egotistical yahoo, stupid enough to bug himself and not have the intelligence to realize he was incriminating himself with every wrong doing he was doing. Hell he was the dipspit who ok'd the recordings.. LOL

Yea he would be the crook that got caught.. Notice, Hillary is denying everything, and will continue, they will never prove or she will never get punished for breaking the law, and she will also get nominated for the POTUS!!

If anything NIXON, devolved our political system, as a matter a fact D.C the crap storm of bullcrap started with NIXON...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have been thinking about the various Presidents that I have lived under in my life and it occurs to me that Richard Nixon never seemed like that bad of a guy to me. He got us out of the Vietnam 'Police Action', reopened China to US trade and frankly, other than coming off like a d%$@, was a pretty good President.

He recorded some conversations, but ultimately, that would be a drop in the bucket by today's standards. Look at what our recent Presidents have gotten away with and it isn't even close.

So, was Nixon that bad of a guy? Did he deserve what he got? Would he have even been charged in today's environment?

What say you ATS?

Is anyone willing to cut 'Tricky Dick' some slack?

Nixon was a fine president if you go by results, personally though he was a real SoB. His problem is that he got caught doing what everyone is doing quietly. In today's environment if he got caught he still would have been charged.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
All politicians are crooks (well, almost all). That disclaimer is for those upset at the notion of corruption at the top. You aren't allowed to become a politician unless you are either corrupt or willing to look the other way when you see corruption.

Nice guys finish last?

(Tricky Dick)Nixon was as corrupt as they come. He was pissed bout losing to JFK, got his shot to prolong Vietnam, used government apparatus in vengeance stye attacks on his detractors and anyone else that got in his way.

He also sent Kissinger to set up Petro Dollars, started the war on drugs, lied about his complicity in stings, burglaries and spying on democrats.

They all do this on some level. He fell out of favor and "got caught" (exposed) and impeached. He was a good boy following the program, so he got to retire early, as opposed to JFK, who got shot.

And who pardons Nixon but his vice presider Ford, who also sat on the Warren Commission (and also getting his shot to sit on High for playing ball).

edit on 2-10-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join