It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Adults, One Child Shot In Five Hours (Cincinnati)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Cincinnati residents...STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER!!!

Okay, I live south of the Ohio River in Northern Kentucky, but I'm still within the Cincinnati Metro Area. I tend to tell people that it seems that every night there is news of a new shooting in some Cincinnati suburb, and here we have enough shootings within the span of five HOURS to fill up eight days, according to my one-a-night shooting ratio.

When is enough going to be enough?

From WLWT (local NBC affiliate):

CINCINNATI —It was a violent night in Cincinnati as eight people were shot in a five-hour span, including one fatal shooting.

Investigators found the deceased man around 1:30 a.m. in the driveway leading up to the Blue Fountain apartment complex in the 1600 block of Cedar Avenue.

The victim was identified as Marcus Lampson.

Prior to that shooting, police were called to Walnut Hills for a man who was shot in the neck around midnight. The shooting took place in the 2300 block of Kemper Lane.

Police believe the victim and the suspect knew each other. The victim was alert and conscious when emergency crews took him to University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

Around 10:30 Monday night, police were called to a shooting in the West End at the intersection of Linn and Livingston streets. Few details have been released.

A total of 5 people, including a 3-year-old boy, were shot in a drive-by shooting around 8:30 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Fairfield and Hewitt avenues. The toddler was shot in the leg. All of the victims are expected to survive.

Cincinnati Police Chief Eliot Isaac called it a "senseless" crime.

Police have not made any arrests in the four shootings.

Yes, you read that correctly--police have not made any arrests in the four shootings that injured seven people (including a toddler) and killed one man. The main reason behind that, according to the news report on TV last night, is that the residents in the communities and locales of the shootings are refusing to cooperate with the investigations. Yep--in all of these cases (as of last I've heard, anyhow), not one individual is coming forth with information that can lead to an apprehension of any of these violent people.

The new police chief (and the old one) said that the lack of community help in solving crimes like this in their own neighborhoods has become commonplace, and that it's the most frustrating part of doing their job, and I can see why. We all know that the police are a reactionary force, there to investigate post incident more often than not, and when those with information withhold that knowledge from LEOs, how do they expect to keep their neighborhoods safe? Yet, these same residents will be the first ones on the news cameras talking about how the police need to make their neighborhoods safer.

I'm getting absolutely sick about this lack of respect for other human beings--the criminals obviously don't care, but it seems as though many of the community residents don't care either, or they would be doing everything possible to put these violent people behind bars and out of their neighborhoods. When did our society lose sight of the preciousness of human life? When did we become so numb to other peoples' suffering that we won't even help find those who shoot/kill our own neighbors?

This is a problem with the hearts of people, plain and simple, and something needs to be done to once again instill a respect for human lives and a love for our own neighbors so that this type of criminal activity is dramatically reduced. I'm not naïve enough to think it will disappear, but come on: EIGHT PEOPLE SHOT IN FIVE HOURS?!?!?!?!

I'm really losing faith in humanity, and it's not necessarily because of the criminals.
edit on 30-9-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Today's society have been indoctrinated into a society of victim-hood. These people are less inclined to help anyone because they believe they are the victims and everyone is out to get them. Thugs also knows this and prey on the weak knowing that there is little consequences. Until we teach our kids to fight thru adversities and shun being victims, nothing will change. People today are so spoiled and entitled, when things don't go their way they blame others instead of trying to help themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Our current administration
our media
and community leaders

have bred such hatred and distrust for police
have bad mouthed all police so loud and so long

that people are no longer willing to cooperate
with the police
even if it means more of their own will die

Don't blame the police for this one,
the community won't cooperate
well the shootings will just continue
because the criminals are no longer
worried about being held accountable

Thanks to the great leaders of
this once great nation.

edit on 1Wed, 30 Sep 2015 13:17:53 -0500pm93009pmk303 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
People today are so spoiled and entitled, when things don't go their way they blame others instead of trying to help themselves.

ding ding ding...we have a winner!

But I still can't understand how people replace their humanity with victimhood; I don't see how that's possible in a human being, yet it appears to be happening more and more.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
ding ding ding...we have a winner!

But I still can't understand how people replace their humanity with victimhood; I don't see how that's possible in a human being, yet it appears to be happening more and more.

you cant understand this because through out the past 60 years its been the other way around, is this a sudden trait in the community that sprung out of nowhere? or is the cause for this behavior just hard to accept, because the thinly veiled facade of equality and justice is finally unblocking the mirror thats exposing the problems that were just brushed under the carpet or 'solved' by ungodly amounts of settlement lawsuit money and poorly thought out state laws.

this is what a social schism feels like. its easier to accept it than to say it aint so. thats just denial.

but yes, normally its the 'collapse' that is unbelievable or hard to understand. this fallout is just the result of what have been cultivated for so long. and no its not going to get better, it never does.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Rust Belt Regulars. Pretty normal isn't it? Oooold cities up there. Lotsa ghetto.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Guten Tag-

This is the end result of 20 years of indoctrination through the rap/thug mentality that was glorified by the whole "Getting Mine" mindset. Then when/if they do get caught and are found guilty they'll end up doing 12 years before getting paroled. Why? Why are murderers and rapists and pedophiles let out? Because that guy over there had 3 marijuana cigarettes, oh also add drunk drivers w/multi-priors along w/the murderers, et al.

Then when "They" need numbers after 'they' paroled all the hardened criminals 'they' will hit low income housing and arrest all those who are ruining their Lives with drugs and on public assistance. Then after these folks do their 'plea bargained sentence' it'll all start over again. Big difference now is that the Prisons are 'private' so a commercial enterprise, probably be a good chance that they'll be even more laws set forth by our glorious leaders..

This won't get better until city police departments get people that represent that community to "police' that community. If the city is 50% Black than the p.d. should also be at least 50% black.

You reap what You sow...

namaste

EDIT: That is why the "Black Lives Matter" gets ridiculed, the hypocrisy. It is akin to a politician, ANY politician talk about the 10 Commandments when they are guilty of breaking 'most' of them, or the thrice married Preacher that is wearing a $35k watch asking for even more $$ to keep the ball rolling... If Black Lives Matter, then quit glorifying 'thug' this; getting Mine, screw the hoes..
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: BLM addendum

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Oh did no one shoot people before this admin??

Huh, never knew that.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The shootings are not senseless to the people who do them at the time they are doing them.

The failure to appreciate this is why crack-downs are ineffective. Post crime investigations are stymied because the police are as much a THREAT as they are a balm.

I recommend that you purchase the latest Scientific American and read the article about Columbia and as to how they are getting out of the murder business. Scientific, focused analysis will permit positive changes. Neo-con BS and condemning a community that has been vanquished by the majority in every sphere (except hip-hop) is without purpose.

Enough of claiming the torture victim should have just cooperated.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I know. I live north of the river.
the problem in cincinnati has been escalating for years.
IMHO cinti has a gang problem now. but no one is going to admit that.
yet.

makes be that much more grateful I live in the country.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

You know there is a lot of 'rap' or hip hop that really does rally against that drugs money and women style.
Mainly some older stuff so I would half agree the music is influencing some of the behavior.

Then again, every generation has said that some form of music is corrupting the youths and the nation.

I think it has more to do with how lives in poverty stricken areas and the environment you grow up in there.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Now remember this is just My opinion and We all know what they type about opinions.. They are like butts, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks.

I'm just putting that out there and I was a Ca. cop that patrolled an area known for it's rap artists. These artists have even mentioned the p.d. where I worked on more than one occasion. One rapper was murdered and it made Nat'l. headlines..

I also just Googled the following "Shot- The movie about rappers who have been shot" and these were at the top:

www.nytimes.com...

www.avclub.com...

www.inquisitr.com...

I never did get the name of the movie but it is about the 'artists' who've been shot. It is currently airing on Dish™ channel unknown.

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: grammar fo paw

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Snitches get stiches.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Well I am not saying your wrong by any means, I just think it contributes a little less then you do... I think anyway.
I would say that people that want to be a criminal, would be so with out the music. But wouldn't deny that it may help push some over the fence. Especially those that haven't figured out that a lot of those main stream guys lie... a lot... on their songs.

I always like your insight, you have some great life experience and are usually pretty darn level headed.

edit on thWed, 30 Sep 2015 18:16:37 -0500America/Chicago920153780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Snitches get stiches.

Then their communities and neighborhoods will continue to be ruled by fear.

And snitches don't get stitches when they themselves are properly prepared and equipped for living in a violent area...well, at least less of them do.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
We should promote more thug culture, I am certain it will fix all the woes.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

I don't think anyone really denies that there are gang issues in these areas, I just don't think that they advertise it--probably a conscious decision by the police and media to keep Cincinnati seemingly calm and safe to prospective tourists and companies looking to locate there.

new topics

top topics

join