It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery surrounds footage of 'merman' being pulled out of lake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is just crazy, but here's the thing;

This video claims to show the moment a merman was pulled from a lake and whisked away by mysterious officials in Poland. The video last for two minutes and starts with men in white biohazard suits surrounding a mysterious body on the banks of the river.

The men then lift up the figure that at one point appears to have a large fish tail.After the footage was posted online, a number of people claimed it was proof of Mermen exist.

Others said it was either a hoax or from the filming of a movie.

quote source

As a matter of fact, the video was filmed on a river close to warsaw, which is famous by it's mermaids tales.

Here's the video:

My opinion? CGI, the merman colors don't match real colors at all.
edit on 30-9-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well there's a whole subculture about mermaids and merman with stores and schools to train in becoming one in the US.

I think this somehow plays into this subcultural trend. Not holding my breath.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Looks like a manatee to me and at most a very badly decomposed body. You can't see the full body but I very much doubt it's a "Merman".

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My opinion...staged for a movie or viral video of some sort. Funny how the guys pulling the "merman" out had bio suits on but the guys with the gurney didn't. So they are obviously in a parking lot that they could have pulled their vehicle into, yet they walk a gurney in instead? And the one guy that just walks away at the end....where is he going? And finally, the guy filming doesn't even try to pan the camera to see what they are putting this merman in?

Looks like a real sequence of events, I just think it was a prop with actors, not CGI.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Looks like a manatee to me

Poland has manatees?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It looks totally staged. Why would they wheel a bed out like that out on a bunch of rough terrain? why not just use a gourney (is that the word I'm looking for?)?

Also, why are the two guys in yellow (non-hazmat) suits also handling the "merman" just like the other hazmat guys? Unless those are just a different style of suit.

To me, there are way too many red flags. Not a chance of being legit.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hmmm, no police but hazmat is there.
Hazmat not enforcing hazmat procedures.
Camera just happens to be on a tripod?
Tail looks awfully stiff as you might expect from a prop rather than an agile water creature.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

had bio suits on but the guys with the gurney didn't

That's true. The government sends in their crack hazmat team and contracts the ambulance service at Joe Schmow's Ambulatory Transport and Homemade Gawumpkis...Yeah right.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Staged for viral internet ad or movie or something. Pretty low budget too. Just a guy with a fin strapped on. Plus, where was the EMS vehicle??? My guess you don't see one because it wasn't in the budget which is why they wheeled the merman across that perfectly flat surface rather than just park the vehicle there.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

LOL, I've seen the Warsaw wording now, however it could be Warsaw, Indiana

Edit - or escaped from a zoo
which would be more believable than a bloody "Merman"
edit on 30.9.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well...interestingly enough there is this video from the Deputy Mayor of Warsaw it says. Can anyone actually translate what he is saying? I am wondering if this was meant to go viral in the US since it has english subs and likely nobody here could understand what he is really saying....anyone on ATS translate?

I guess it could also be something he is doing to promote something in Warsaw for fun?

It is from this site:

Source

We have just received permission to declassify location where there are sirens. Our guests were given shelter in Miniature Park Region of Mazowieckie Street. Senatorska 38, who probably knows most of Warsaw as a former Bank of William Landau. It's a wonderful Art Nouveau building, which has survived almost intact the turmoil of World War II and today is a testament to the beauty of prewar Warsaw, delighting not only with its original architecture and impressive interiors, but also an extraordinary exhibition of miniatures capital's monuments. We could not have wished for a better, more symbolic place that would become a temporary home for our guests.
The sirens will be able to visit the 1st and 2nd October from 18:00 to 22:00. Small groups will be guided tours by scientists who try to bring you closer to everything so far managed to establish about these mysterious creatures. At the same time we ask for your understanding and remain calm in the presence of sirens.
Below we present a statement on the matter deputy president of the Capital City Warsaw, Jaroslaw Joźwiak.

If you watch the original video on full screen it clearly is what would appear to be a "siren" as they call it, but you can't tell if it is a person in a suit or just a prop. Nice job to whomever did it. The site claims there are 7 of them and they are going to be able to be viewed at some location in Warsaw.....
edit on 9/30/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This YouTube channel seems to have recently been created and all of the videos there seem related to this OP video. I have no idea what they are saying but they have all the guys in the suits on it as well.

Source

Those are a few of the videos on it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Must also have something to do with this.....

Source

Polish syrenka is cognate with siren, but she is more properly a fresh-water mermaid called melusina. The common English translation, in any case, is neither siren nor melusina but mermaid.

Origin[edit]
Exactly when the mermaid was added to Warsaw's coat of arms is not known but it was already in place in 1390 with a shape very different from today's. It presented the animal with a bird's legs and a torso covered with dragon scales. On the seal of 1459, it already had feminine characteristics, the torso of a bird, human hands, the tail of a fish and bird legs with claws. The first presentation of the traditional mermaid dates from 1622.

The adoption of such a coat of arms was thought to be a medieval fashion, which recommended the adoption of the symbols of the newly established town's mythology. The presentation of the coat of arms was probably derived directly from the 2nd century book Physiologus.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Doesn't look like a manatee at all. Where a manatee would be there's no city named Warsaw.

Would first go with city promotion for their mermaid notoriety. With that could be a prop of sorts, or edited as op mentions. Interesting presentation going on despite just a promotion, maybe there's something to it, though have never found "mermaid evidence" to add up.

Warsaw mermaid statue.

Warsaw Coat of Arms.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You guys really need to ask? Of course it's not real....It's a freakin' Merman!

Here's a video explaining the hoax.

edit on 30-9-2015 by bhornbuckle75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wondering if this is a viral campaign to show acceptance of the refugees coming in?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why would anyone seriously even for a moment consider that this video depicted an actual merman/mermaid?

I've had a considerable interest in cryptozoology since I was child of 9 or 10 and I'm more than willing to accept the existence of all sorts of cryptids but mermen? GTFO.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Dead skydiver in a wingsuit lol

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I'll break this to you gently.

Not mundane=doesn't exist.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join