It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin explains who is supporting ISIL

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: neo96

Like I said before Russia and Assad are doing this nifty trick and labeling any group that doesn't support Assad as ISIS.

Ok, such a nifty trick.

Funny no one has ever heard any of this, and that includes the entire WORLD.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

It took Stalin to defeat the Nazis and I don't think a nice guy is going to be able to do what is necessary to defeat the Islamic State or extremists. Putin is no hero but maybe he can get the job done. After years of failure and the conflict now spreading through migration and terrorism it's time to try a different strategy.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Except when that photo was taken ISIS was not in existence yet...

Nice try though..

3 of the individuals in the photo became the #1, #2, and #4 in charge of ISIS. A 4th individual in the photo is a blood thirsty war monger who has been nuttier than squirrel crap for over a decade now.

Bottom line, whether they called themselves "ISIS" or rebels at the time of the photo, the USA built a Syrian domestic terrorist organization that has set its sights on a lot more than just Syria. Again, epic fail created by meddlesome America and her assbrained "leaders."

Yes, but an epic fail to WHOM ??

They announced this as exactly the plan, including Netanyahu in 2011.

Things are performing precisely as wished, I see no fail at all.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheInhumanCentipede
I'd like Putin to "explain" where he got his $40,000,000,000 bank account balance from... Did the K.G.B. really pay that well?! o_0

What internet meme sites actually claim that ???

Cause no one or anything has ever actually found out who even claims this.

Amazing that someones bank account would be on public display ,, SURE.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Ok, such a nifty trick.

Funny no one has ever heard any of this, and that includes the entire WORLD.

Actually the world has heard of it and they are now seeing it live coming from Russia media. Rebel groups in Syria are not ISIS and the titles aren't interchangeable, as much as Russia wishes it were.

Since Russia was just forced to admit they are going after forces other than ISIS (Russian forces have not even attacked ISIS yet) it kind of undermines what you just stated.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: Korg Trinity

We Russia will do X if you America does Y.... a bit like Gorbachev did when faced with the cold war... They ended the cold war by openness and honesty and directness...

Luckily it ended the way it did....

If General Curtis Le May got his wish, we might not be here to discuss the issue.

Indeed... A knifes edge situation if ever there was one.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Xcathdra

The very fact Russia is attacking non ISIS forces it calls into question Russia's intent.

The fact is Russia is attacking those attacking the Syrians.

The legitimate government is Syria, not some mercenaries hired by the West to force "Regime Change" on another Middle Eastern Nation.

Assad is not legitimate since he failed to call general elections in 2011.
He would be legit only if he were reelected.

Assad is not a notch better than Daesh. In fact he may have authorized more horror deaths than ISIS so far.

The main difference is that he tries to cover up his policy of "torture until death" while the IS publicizes what they do. And actually the types of death I saw documented by Caesar were more disgusting and horrendous than IS deeds.

I also heard dissidents years ago already interviewed on Syria who told Europeans about whole classes of schoolchildren who disappeared because their parents were heard saying critical remarks on the Alawite regime.

Is this murderous tyrant ruling like a mini-Stalin what our incredible Vladimir supports? Does he have the stomach for these?

Oh, I forgot... maybe someone will invent that even Assad was installed by the CIA or America... right.
Article on Syrian military photographer Caesar

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kokatsi

The unrest began in the early spring of 2011 within the context of Arab Spring protests, with nationwide protests against President Bashar al-Assad's government, whose forces responded with violent crackdowns. The conflict gradually morphed from prominent protests to an armed rebellion after months of military sieges.[86]

en.wikipedia.org...

Erm. You think he should call for elections in the mids of an unrest?
An elected gov. isn't the better choice than some terrorists you say?

Hmm... that's not a picture of democracy you hold up to. At least that's for sure.

“What other government do you know of who would torture its citizens to death and put identifying information of where the person was tortured … They’ve provided this fantastic evidence.”

www.theguardian.com...

I'm sure the Neo-Nazis, Chechen terrorists or Academii-killer in the Ukraine won't make this mistake. Which doesn't mean automatically, that the Kiew-Junta is not an elected bunch of terrorists just like in Syria. The Ukraine didn't vote for the Duma in peace-time as well and thus that election can't be representative at all. One could compare Assad to Poroshenko then, I guess.

Still the lesser evil than a completely lawless sharia-terror-state? Yes indeed.

edit on 2-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2015 by PublicOpinion because: Quote & Poroshenko

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yes, Assad should have called for an election as soon as tens of thousands didn't stop demonstrating - he has simply inherited his rule and there had been no free elections in Syria before. The man - heading a violent police state - claims to be a Western democrat, educated with a polished Brit accent, and a wife that he could really show off in the West. He could have acted like Gorbachev with the Soviet Union... after all, the legitimacy of a government rests with its people.

We do not agree on Ukraine at all. As I made it clear in many threads, I do understand some Russian and Ukrainian and grew up in the East Block myself. I do not favor the nationalism or the violence on either side but if anyone govorit po Russky they will hear videos etc. from Maidan and see that the protests going on for months simply could not have been "arranged" - though it remains doubtful how much the US actually helped. The US was pretty open about its preferences but reality check does not allow the entire wave of protests to be arranged. Elections resulted with the result of a pretty anti-Russian government, however, democratically elected. With that said, I do not condone the widespread anti-Russian sentiments, the oppression of Russian minorities, the deadly ideologies or shows of Pravy Sector etc.

But the people certainly have the freedom to choose. Otherwise we can only support this feudal lord versus that one...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Your support for Assad speaks to what sort of "democracy" you favor. Assad could have called for a coalition government with the protesters at any time. He did not. Instead he went on a campaign of violence that created a power vacuum that drew in Daesh. The whole point about being an absolute monarch (even if you style yourself a "president") is that you are absolutely responsible for everything that happens to your kingdom. This is its only strength as a system of government. Assad is a failure and will be removed by the Russians after their putative attempt to "save" him.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I dont know if i agree With you. If Russia succeed in resolving the rebel and ISIS crisis. There wont be a opposition left to vote him out. The US or EU have no say in the matter if the Syrian People vote him back in.

Russia will have to crush the Syrian rebels for one reason. And that is to be able to flush out who is ISIS and the other fractions camping in Syria.

The few rebels that are fighting against Assad really dont stand a chanse in this conflict. The US are not going to protect them.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kokatsi

Yes, Assad should have called for an election as soon as tens of thousands didn't stop demonstrating - he has simply inherited his rule and there had been no free elections in Syria before. The man - heading a violent police state - claims to be a Western democrat, educated with a polished Brit accent, and a wife that he could really show off in the West. He could have acted like Gorbachev with the Soviet Union... after all, the legitimacy of a government rests with its people.

I'm with you on that page. He should've stepped down and held elections instantly. Just like Poroshenko should've done so in the Ukraine, instead of slaughtering his people. We are at 50K appr. losses there by now, I think that would be comparable to Syria as well.

And to make one thing abundantly clear by now: I don't support Assad, that was not the point. But he is the lesser evil choice in my opinion, we just disagree here. Obviously.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Russia does n't have the time, resources, or inclination to achieve any sort of military victory. Putin will set himself up as a peacemaker, set up a new political order there, then leave Iran bogged down there rebuilding. At least, if he's smart. If he does commit Russian military assets there beyond "air support," he might face a military coup. The senior officers all remember Afghanistan.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Russia does n't have the time, resources, or inclination to achieve any sort of military victory. Putin will set himself up as a peacemaker, set up a new political order there, then leave Iran bogged down there rebuilding. At least, if he's smart. If he does commit Russian military assets there beyond "air support," he might face a military coup. The senior officers all remember Afghanistan.

These are Your Words.

I Guess we have to wait an see.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Agreed. Some folks are too quick to buy the official lines out of Washington AND Moscow.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The reason for all these neo-libs and cons freaking out is because now they don't have a chance to cash in on anything in Syria that pipeline is going to be built.Obama's handler's are livid because they are watching the destruction of their Frankenstein/poll number boosters in ISIS so they have had to fall back on the old Russia Bear scare tactics that many people the world over don't buy anymore.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

That's based on the assumption everything occurring in Syria is because of some oil pipeline. People made the same argument with the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Even today those same people claim we went in for the oil when in reality China has the lions share of Iraqi oil contracts. Secondly Iraq and Iran are getting close and I don't see the US reinvading Iraq to put a stop to it.

Is it not possible that Syrians legitimately wanted a government where they have a voice? Is it not possible the Syrian people want Assad gone?

I find it.... insulting that people think Syrians or Libyans or Tunisians etc etc are incapable of standing up and changing their government.

edit on 3-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

What pipeline? Can you provide a source that indicates that anyone is interested in building a pipeline in Syria? Of course, as an oil exporting nation, Russia has a vested interest in not having that pipeline built.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I find it.... insulting that people think Syrians or Libyans or Tunisians etc etc are incapable of standing up and changing their government.

With a little help from good ol' CIA.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave

With a little help from good ol' CIA.

Feel free to link us to all your sources saying the CIA is behind it. You guys constantly make this comment yet mysteriously, but not surprising, are unable to support it with, well, anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join