It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human perception of gray...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The human eye can detect over 500 differant shades of gray.

I read this in a magazine at my doctors office and didn't make note of which magazine it was. Sorry. Still,

If the human eye can detect over 500 differant shades of gray, does this alone not explain the absolutely insane situations we can get ourselves into?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If the human eye can detect over 500 differant shades of gray, does this alone not explain the absolutely insane situations we can get ourselves into?

I don't really follow your thought. What situations?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The human eye can detect over 500 differant shades of gray.

Sorry, I'm not following either, but....

The human eye can discern ~64 shades of grey.
www.orbit.nesdis.noaa.gov...

Now....if only the human mind could discern a few of those shades of grey....

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Perhaps I should have put it that the human mind can detect over 500 shades of gray. That area betwen what is right and wrong. We can justify anything if we think about it long enough.

Then again, It was just a thought. This one I probably should have kept to myself. Sorry.

Love and light,

Wupy

Odd

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"There is no grey. There's only white that's gone and muddied itself up."

-Terry Pratchett.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Surely what's right and wrong and the degrees inbetween depend on the person, it being subjective and all, I bet some people can descern hardly any and some, well, loads. No chance you can remember exactly what they were on about when they said degrees?

Makes me think of the charts on the side of Radox Herbal bath showing "relaxation" levels with and without the radox, two little lines, no explanation, no units, just the radox line is smaller that the generic bubble bath one. Gah, it annoys me. Who's to say what's right and wrong, what's "more right" and how on earth you order them.

Anyone else see this article?

top topics

join