It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS Three killed as Guangxi’s Liucheng county rocked by series of suspected parcel bombs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
From a NYT story:

The Ministry of Public Security said it was treating the case as a criminal act, and not terrorism. It said a 33-year-old local man, identified only by his family name of Wei, was considered a suspect, but provided no further details, including a possible motive or whether the man had been detained.

So not a terrorist, just some local 33 yr old chap called Mr. Wei. But how the hell does a local fellow get hold of so much high explosives undetected and then make 15 parcel bombs and detonate them in proper manner that multiple buildings collapsed. And that too in a country like China where everything is monitored. Secret police everywhere.

Its just a cover up. Not buying the Mr. Wei story. Its very obvious.
edit on 30/9/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

From a NYT story:

The Ministry of Public Security said it was treating the case as a criminal act, and not terrorism. It said a 33-year-old local man, identified only by his family name of Wei, was considered a suspect, but provided no further details, including a possible motive or whether the man had been detained.

So not a terrorist, just some local chap. But how the hell does a local fellow get hold of so much high explosives and then make parcel bombs and detonate them in proper manner. And that too in a country like China.

Its just a cover up. Its very obvious.

The same article also says this:

More than a dozen blasts triggered by explosive devices delivered in mail packages killed at least seven people and injured over 50 in a small city in southern China on Wednesday, officials and state media said.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Really, delivered? And by whom, China Post? Which ever delivery company responsible, do they not scan their packages?

This is really absurd. Either a false flag or foreign involvement. Isnt that region near Tibet?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sending bombs through the mail has been done many times before.

Regardless, one thing seems certain. If the Chinese government is not claiming terrorism then we can safely rule out a false flag operation executed by the Chinese government.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Regardless, one thing seems certain. If the Chinese government is not claiming terrorism then we can safely rule out a false flag operation executed by the Chinese government.

Or they are covering up their own incompetence.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Nothing mentioned of this on cnn or drudge. Very interesting. Very f###### interesting.

New "invisible" war front?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

From a NYT story:

That would be a very hard pill to swallow, this being the act of one person. Placing 15 explosive devices all over the city then detonating them...I can't think that is possible.

And his name is most likely
Emmanuel Goldstein

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: itsallmaya
Wait for a new disease outbreak across Asia. ....who has the cure....China of course to save the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Those detonate on opening a package.
by the pictures it's obvious these were not opened to make them go off.
the explosions would have been spaced out over days.

now of course you can set them off with cell phones, or something similar..
it's seriously not one guy.
It really seems absurd it could be.

More looks like we are in WW3..
It's not lost on me I was told Syria was the last country to go down before Iran. I was told this in 2006.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Considering China's growing involvement in the middle east.

There is going to come a time when people are going to start asking if it's middle eastern terrorism related.

15 bomb explosions?

That is terrorism.

The question is ?

Foreign or Domestic ?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Those detonate on opening a package.
by the pictures it's obvious these were not opened to make them go off.
the explosions would have been spaced out over days.

now of course you can set them off with cell phones, or something similar..
it's seriously not one guy.
It really seems absurd it could be.

More looks like we are in WW3..
It's not lost on me I was told Syria was the last country to go down before Iran. I was told this in 2006.

How is it obvious from the pictures?

And, clearly, one man could mail 15 parcels.

I don't know what happened. But I don't see how what you're saying pokes any serious holes in the what NYT story claims.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'm not talking about sending packages.
How would YOU set them off?
I made that distinction.

Ok one guy with 16 cell phones could do it.
I'll admit that.

It's just not likely in my mind.

The face they all go off in a day, and seem to all hit targets.. All the packages arrive at the same time? ok maybe.
I'm talking..

It's VERY fast for NYT to know anything as well.

edit on 30-9-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, we're the explosions mostly synchronized? If they were, how did he time the mail right for them all to be delivered and unopened at the same time, thus allowing him to use a cell phone or whatever? As someone else said, it would likely be spaced out over several days or AT LEAST hours if it was just a dude using the mail and the packages were opened by hand. Doesn't make much sense either way.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Always sorry to hear of any loss of life as a result of violent acts.
I hope there are no more.

Skeptical side: Since they aren't asserting external terroristic forces, perhaps it's just a domestic terrorist as the NYT (and now others it seems) are reporting. While it may seem improbable at first glance, it is possible. Many things appear improbable or even impossible at first glance, without more granular details.

Tinfoil side: Then again, domestic terrorism there would be an excellent justification to crack down on the population, perhaps in response to increased economic and cultural liberalization there. Or, if they argue initial informational fog of war led their conclusions astray, they could subsequently issue a retraction saying that instead it was ISIS... this creating a casus belli for their presence in Syria.

Peace.
edit on 9/30/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
How is it obvious from the pictures that they didn't go off when opened?

And every story so far has identified them as parcel bombs. It's even in the thread title.

From Wikipedia:

A letter bomb, also called parcel bomb, mail bomb or post bomb, is an explosive device sent via the postal service, and designed with the intention to injure or kill the recipient when opened.

I have no problem believing they're something else. But I need some evidence that points in that direction.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No..
It's suspected parcel bombs as per thread title and every article.
Don't jump so far ahead.

It's suspected parcel probably due to the wide range of targets.

The method of transport for a bomb does not say anything about the character of the bomb or who set them off.
It doesn't say how they all went off in one day. Not sure where you are from but mail doesn't so much work like that.

Don't you think someone would be waiting for more to go off? Don't you ever open a package late?

These are questions not answers.
I'm saying we don't have evidence pointing in any direction so don't start in one spot and move from there. Start open.

One thing I am seeing is they are saying it was different types of explosive devices..
edit on 30-9-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I suspect this is and inside job by the Chinese Regime so as to use it as a means of ratcheting up it's intended Military influences and expansion around the globe. It could be a genuine fight column situation or even The WESTERN Powers that be getting some payback to level the playing field over the Chinese Military build up and financial manipulations.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They cant say this was due to a mishandling of chemicals or human error, this is clear terrorism.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Ddrneville

Youtube is blocked in China, wonder how they get it up there so fast.

All the 35 and under Chinese I have ever worked with or that have worked for me use VPN's, or Virtual Private Networks to side step all of the Chinese internet regulation. I have a feeling you know what those are, but some probably don't. I don't even know how they work I just know what they do, and I know for certain they are used for those purposes among others.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

So now you accept they're parcel bombs? Or probably parcel bombs?

Sigh.

When you deconstruct media reports you have apply some logic. You can't just wave your hands and point.

Your instinct could be right. But you have support it with ... something.
edit on 30-9-2015 by Moresby because: A UFO was chasing me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join