It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians tell US to remove warplanes from Syria, senior official says

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Having now direct support and cooperation from Russia/China, Iran and Iraq
I expect President Assad to make public a request of non-permitted nations, violating international law,withdraw all their forces from the the sovereign land of Syria.

Please leave China out of this:

"China's position is to respect the free choice of the Syrian people and not to add to a military intervention in Syria or a forcible power shift, which is why China could not send an aircraft carrier to Syria to interfere in the internal affairs of the country," Zhang said.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't know if our (the USA) government realizes this but Russia has made a strong stand and our reaction is going to dictate what America is for the history books. If Obama continues his "red line" attitude of allowing others to step on us, this will be the final nail in America's coffin as far as international conflicts go. I'm not supporting "boots on the ground" nor starting a war, nor do I agree with much of our foreign policy...but we have been brought to the edge by this administration and this...to me...is going to prove once and for all to the world that America is weak, worthless and worthy of retaliation by our enemies. All during one man's Presidency and a failed administration.

I never thought it was going to come to this so quickly. Romney was apparently correct about Russia. Maybe Obama and gang shouldn't have been laughing. I'm sure they are not now. Think he will admit his mistake...that he was wrong? Yeah...right. Only a real man would do that.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: spy66

She is claiming that Syria is their territory and within their boarder basically.

I Wonder if the common American share the same idea?

Why not? Russians seem to think Ukraine is still within their borders.

Correct. So why dont we just see this for what it is?

This is not at all about whats best for the Syrian People or the Ukraines. This is all about whats in the best interests of the United States and Russia. SEN MCCain practically admitted to that in his interview last night.

CEN MCCain practically stated that the Syrian rebels are their proxies to get ridd of Assad. These rebels are Syrian People, so i dont think the US government have set the rebels lives to a higher standard than being US proxis.

SEN MCCain also want to set up the Syrian People to fight the Russians. So there is no doubt that Syrian People are going to die in this conflict.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Oh...one more thing. I don't predict anything typically nor do I have any psychic power. But I will state this. Before this conflict is over, or immediately afterward...I will be shocked if there isn't a significant terrorist attack on the US and...I'm going out on a limb here...it could very well involve nuclear material.

Just a guess...a feeling.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

To the US and Russia, nothing matters but the US and Russia. It's the same everywhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

To the US and Russia, nothing matters but the US and Russia. It's the same everywhere.

Correct. The only buffer between the US and Russia not fighting eachother in Syria right now..... are the Syrian People(rebels) AND the Assad regime.

If one of these fall, one of them (Russia/US) have to make a Choice.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

SEN MCCain also want to set up the Syrian People to fight the Russians. So there is no doubt that Syrian People are going to die in this conflict.

Putin wants the Iranian people to fight the Syrians... and they fell for it. There is no doubt that Arabs are going to kill Iranians.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Putin wants the Iranian people to fight the Syrians... and they fell for it. There is no doubt that Arabs are going to kill Iranians.

This whole thing looks like one great big scam to draw the Persians in, so as to spark some future conflict whereby the excuse is there to Iraqifi the whole of Iran. Too much potential to spark something with Iranian troops in Syria.................... Israel and/or USA will now see new opportunities on the horizon to take out Iran. Iran and USA are still enemies, I'm sure this is being cooked up by Mossad or the CIA.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

There is more to this than meets the eye. Personaly i think the US are the once who are traped in their own game.

Saudi Arabia are loosing Billions on the oil sanctions the US have against Russla. Saudi Arabia are looking for a way out of that mess, and they are not looking towards the US for a solution.

Germany and the rest of the EU are loosing billions on the sanctions the US have imposed on Russia. Germany are soon to be getting oil from Iran.

I dont think Iran is going to be hurt by Saudi Arabia.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
OMG. Russia was invited in by the real power/government of a sovereign nation. Iran also went in with ground troops, invited. They're legally there.

Our troops are illegally and unlawfully overthrowing a sovereign nation, supposedly to force an oil pipeline through, and are dripping with the blood of murdered, beheaded, dismembered babies, raped and enslaved people who were very free and very modern.

GO RUSSIA GO!! FREE THE HOSTAGES FROM OUR EVIL NATIONS AGENDA!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

This whole thing looks like one great big scam to draw the Persians in, so as to spark some future conflict whereby the excuse is there to Iraqifi the whole of Iran. Too much potential to spark something with Iranian troops in Syria.................... Israel and/or USA will now see new opportunities on the horizon to take out Iran. Iran and USA are still enemies, I'm sure this is being cooked up by Mossad or the CIA.

Historically, the Russian and Persian Empires were enemies. It is inevitable that they will come into conflict over control of Central Asia. Russia will present itself as a modernizing secular power and Iran as the traditional center of the region's religion. (Many Shi'ite shrines along the Spice Road.)

It is not a coincidence that Iran and the United States are experiencing a thaw in their relations; if Russia gets too aggressive around the Caspian, Iran can look west for help now.

If anything, Saudi Arabia has profited from the embargoes on both Russia and Iran; if their oil were to flood the markets again the price of oil would plummet.

Syria is a mess that cannot be put back together. There are Sunni Arabs, Shii'ite Arabs, Sunni Kurds, Christian Arabs, Arab Jews, and even a number of pagans, like the Yizidi and Alawites. Yes, that's right, the Alawites are a heretical sect that are running the country. Putin will try to get Assad to agree to a new constitution that guarantees proportional representation for each group in parliament. (In fact, it is probably Assad's secret accession to that which is responsible for Russia getting involved.) This will effectively end Alawite domination and allow Iran to devote its resources to reconstruction there, rather than trying to challenge Russian hegemony to the north. Of course, we all know how well the quota system worked in Lebanon....

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
China has been arming Syria for decades and sharing intelligence with it's military
As long as Russia is involved, China will support

edit on 2-10-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

besides, as long as Russia is involved, China will assist

That is the assumption that you need to drop. Selling a country knock-off Russian weapons is one thing; getting involved in a civil war is another. China has a vested interest in letting Russia exhaust its economic, military, and political capital in Syria.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes, China would like its economic, strategic military partner to go down the tubes
briliiant
which would isolate China to western attack.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Yes, China would like its economic, strategic military partner to go down the tubes

No, it would let another potential rival superpower go down the tubes. With Russia down and out the world gets neatly divided between China in the East and the United States & EU in the west. China can then continue to acquire economic assets in Africa and South America unchallenged.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
fabulous plan, maybe take it ups with SCO and BRIC members
ask them to drop it
dont mention my name

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

examiner.com...
www.scmp.com...
www.demanjo.com...
www.chathamhouse.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Must admit you are very knowledgeable on this subject. It is a pleasure to read your views on the various angles you cover DJW001 as we are never told such implications of the Syrian war by our BBC news and Sky news over here in the UK.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

fabulous plan, maybe take it ups with SCO and BRIC members
ask them to drop it
dont mention my name

Don't worry, I'll keep you out of it.

The SCO is primarily centered on its member nations' Central Asian security-related concerns, often describing the main threats it confronts as being terrorism, separatism and extremism. However evidence is growing that its activities in the area of social development of its member states is increasing fast.[citation needed][14]

At 16–17 June 2004 SCO summit, held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, the Regional Antiterrorism Structure (RATS) was established. On 21 April 2006, the SCO announced plans to fight cross-border drug crimes under the counter-terrorism rubric.[15]

Grigory Logninov claimed in April 2006 that the SCO has no plans to become a military bloc; nonetheless he argued that the increased threats of "terrorism, extremism and separatism" make necessary a full-scale involvement of armed forces.[16]

In October 2007, the SCO signed an agreement with the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), in the Tajik capital Dushanbe, to broaden cooperation on issues such as security, crime, and drug trafficking.[17] Joint action plans between the two organisations are planned to be signed by early 2008 in Beijing.[

Your own source.[Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

Looks to me like this is more a cross-border crime fighting organization than a military alliance.

At the BRICS leaders meeting in St Petersburg in September 2013, China committed $41 billion towards the pool; Brazil, India and Russia $18 billion each; and South Africa $5 billion. China, holder of the world's largest foreign exchange reserves and who is to contribute the bulk of the currency pool, wants a greater managing role, said one BRICS official. China also wants to be the location of the reserve. "

China contributed more to BRICS than any other two nations combined. Sure looks like they are entitled to run the show. Or leave. BRICS needs China more than China needs BRICS. In any event, its members are not obliged to assist one another militarily; in fact, war between two or more members is a distinct possibility.

Beijing-based retired general Xu Guangyu said China and Russia did not want to form a military alliance. Instead, they were developing their "all-round strategic partnership", which covered "political, economic, security and diplomatic" issues.

Again, this sounds more like establishing a diplomatic talk shop than a binding military alliance. China wants to scare Japan, Russia wants to scare NATO, neither really wants to shed blood and treasure for the other. Military parades are cheap.

"India is particularly interested because it lacks direct access to Central Asia, and it sees SCO membership as a way to get a better foothold on the region. SCO membership could better position India to benefit from Central Asia's gas riches," said Michael Fugleman, senior program associate for South and Southeast Asia at the Wilson Centre in Washington.

Your own source.

Any organization that includes Pakistan, India, and China is certainly not a military alliance, and will probably not be economically stable for very,long either.

India and Pakistan are expected to be simultaneously elevated to full membership of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in 2016, as mooted at this week’s summit of the security bloc. SCO officials have described the move as a ‘constructive’ step that could improve bilateral relations and will see the two rivals become members of the same security bloc for the first time. (Both already have observer status at the SCO.) But their entrenched differences could cripple the SCO, and the organization’s decision-making, which is based on consensus, could face paralysis.

There are fertile grounds for pessimism.Recent months have witnessed a sharp deterioration in relations between the two countries, triggered by clashes across the line of control in Kashmir and a bitter war of words over Pakistan’s handling of anti-India terrorists. The move to admit both countries at the same time also appears to endorse a ‘hyphenation’ approach which groups together policy towards India and Pakistan, something that causes consternation in both countries. The rivalry has crippled other regional bodies, notably the South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation.

The admission of India and Pakistan could also threaten the working of the SCO’s arrangements on security cooperation, especially relating to intelligence-sharing and counterterrorism programmes. With India and Pakistan trading daily accusations about each other’s covert role in stirring unrest across their borders, the prospects of a viable working relationship between the two sides look dim.

Your own source.

Can you post anything that challenges my analysis of the situation, rather than bolstering it? China has made it clear that it intends to be top dog in any non-US dominated international organization it participates in.
edit on 2-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Thank you! I have been following the situation there for about 500 years. (Some of it retrospectively, of course.)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sigh, now all we need is the Korean war to start back up and we got a real problem...

Geo politics is quite frankly a mess right now..

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join