It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russa China take US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I HAVE HEARD RUSSIA WANTS TO CLAIN ALASKA THEN MOVE ON TO US. THEN CHINA MOVE IN FROM MEXICO WHAT ARE THE CHACES/ A LINK www.worldnetdaily.com...

**Mod edit: do not use all caps in your subject lines

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
I HAVE HEARD RUSSIA WANTS TO CLAIN ALASKA THEN MOVE ON TO US. THEN CHINA MOVE IN FROM MEXICO WHAT ARE THE CHACES/ A LINK www.worldnetdaily.com...

I doubt in this case it is about oil, although that could be possible. The area in question has been disputed over fishing rights between Alaska and Russia for years.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why Russia try and make a move now?
They have a poor economy and little chance of winning.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan

This article only talks about a stupid concession of territory made to Russia by a previous Administration. Where on Earth do you get the idea that Russia is going to invade from the North and China from the South? That is absurd.

I mean lets tackle the China idea first. I'm not even sure China has a large number of aircraft carriers, but they'd need all of them, and as soon as that fleet got into the middle of the Pacific and it was evident this wasn't a South China Sea training exercise, we'd counterattack (recall that we have many forward positions already surrounding China on its western and eastern flank). Nevermind that China would have to also deal with Mexican guerillas and could wind up getting bogged down there before even making it up to the border (I mean much of the Mexican economy is dependent on the US, and if China invaded, they'd replace Mexican labor with Chinese labor--given the response we got in Iraq from essentially firing much of their civil service employees--I'd expect China to have a mess on its hands, especially with Mexican insurgents armed to the teeth with American weapons). It is a logisitical nightmare for China to attempt to invade the US, especially through an allied country first. Not going to happen.

And sure, Russia could always send a small force over stealthily into Alaska. Again, impossible for them to have any substantial troop buildups. And if they attacked Alaska, nevermind that we could have a nuke over the Arctic circle and into Moscow in about 15 minutes. Nevermind that if they were to somehow able to capture Alaska, they'd have to get their ground forces through some of the harshest terrain in the world in Canada to attack the continental US directly. And this stil assumes no counter-response from the US first (again, we've got Russia surrounded even more than China). We'd be more likely to capture Moscow first with combined NATO/EU forces than they could capture a continental US city.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Apparently you didnt see the date of the article. Oct. 2000.
Need I say more?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Russia and China are coming...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
C'mon people. Dont buy into this. There are to many nuke's floating around all three countries to keep this scenerio from ever playing out. If an assault was launched on American soil, nukes would be flying all over the place assuring that civilization would certainly be destroyed. Its called MAD. Look it up.

[edit on 1/2/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
well this sounds interesting i have like 3 games made from interplay called
fallout 1,2 and tactics well gd post nuclear real time and turn based rpg ( a must have title about how bad things could be and how fu*ked up things could be

the intro explains blah blah earth resources running dry where all at our peak on terms of beeing able to replicate blah blah but then China invades Alaska and the USA anex's Canada and that europe becomes squabbling little nations bent on controlling the last few ressources left then the bombs start falling and everything is carpet bombed with nukes worldwide

so if china is involved id say yes but they would have to have the sea and air power but its a lot more pluasable than can china invade Taiwain or invade mainland USA

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
C'mon people. Dont buy into this. There are to many nuke's floating around all three countries to keep this scenerio from ever playing out. If an assault was launched on American soil, nukes would be flying all over the place assuring that civilization would certainly be destroyed. Its called MAD. Look it up.

[edit on 1/2/05 by Kidfinger]

Kidfinger... no one is asking you to buy the "product" just look at it and the
specifications of it, before you throw it out...

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
These wars that everyone claims will happen...WILL NOT. We would have an all out nuclear war and russia and china are smart enough to realize this. It would kill most of civilization as we know it so why would any of this happen?? What is to gain from it?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
War for Profit... War for Profit...

If I was Russia and China going to take out America. I would Launch nuclear/SCUD or whatever missle I had to take out the key nuclear bases in America. But my first target would be The Bluegrass Army Depot in Lexington/Richmond Kentucky. thats where the majority of the us weapon reserves is kept... used to be an old chemical plant. now chemical storage and munitions storage. I was told this by an Army Recruiter, who also went to tell me that it would only take one well placed SCUD to blow the depot up... and it would result in the destruction of the eastern sea board. We had also explained that China and aswell as many other countries have the bluegrass depot targeted.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why is everything nuclear war? Keep in mind it is mutually assured destruction as in both sides die. On another note though there is no way we would give up Alaska it is a lynch pin in American strategy, more natural resources than anyone in the government will admit to and our great white hope for a few more years of Oil reserves diamonds and other goodies after we buy everyone elses. Think about it American Foreign policy has had us buying other peoples resources for a long time now yet we are far from out. Personally I feel that once we tap everyone else you'll see miraculous amounts of Oil, iron, gold, titanium you name it discovered and boom the US has the market cornered again.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

as posted by wave
I was told this by an Army Recruiter, who also went to tell me that it would only take one well placed SCUD to blow the depot up

Its also apparent that your source, the infamous "Army Recruiter," has no real clue to what he or she is talking about? If he or she did, they would have obviously known that they were mistaken when he or she mentioned: "one well placed SCUD," due to its limited range, let alone that once a nuclear strike was detected, and YES, it would be detected and confirmed, that the U.S. would launch a return nuclear response to make both Russia and China a virtual waste land, along with most of North America and parts of Central and South America?

And to think, after all this nuclear option crap was said and done, the world goes to nuclear hell all because of Russia and China had 'eyes' on Alaska and Mexico..........

seekerof

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Russia is not going to take Alaska even on a good day. They can't even afford to mess with the U.S. right now. The '90's really took a bite out of their national budget and without money it would be hard for them to come up with some change to purchase a bottle of Vodka. Putin has shown his other face with the mess in the Ukraine. But you can be assured that Russia and China will one day merge and make an attempt to confront the U.S. because neither could do it alone. Together they would be one heck of a force to deal with. However MAD will keep them both in check for a few years to come: After that it is anyones guess.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
There is absolutely no way that those two countries combined could invade the U.S., and that is with massive amounts of air and sea transport... I'd hate to see those little chinese and Russian infantry having to bail out over the arctic because their transports where downed as soon as they left Russian airspace and I�d hate to see the frozen and drowning chinese infantry as their ships where sunk as soon as they crossed Japan on their way to the U.S...

No one dare even challenges us to a nuke exchange�

Russia and China will one day merge and make an attempt to confront the U.S. because neither could do it alone. Together they would be one heck of a force to deal with. However MAD will keep them both in check for a few years to come: After that it is anyones guess

Don�t count on it Capt.! Russia and china for the last time are ~this- close to dueling it out... They don�t have the same interests and with china on the verge of suffocation due to lack of resources its only a matter of time before china sticks its resource hungry nose where it doesn�t belong...
Heck, Russian navy men already are acknowledging the fact that the USN and Russian navy will one day soon have to put chinas navy in check...
Anyway, enough trying to convince the ignorant� the ones trying to convince you guys otherwise will one day be proven right�

[edit on 3-1-2005 by ChrisRT]

top topics

join