It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society of the Unknown Philosophers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this title a few months back while I was in Germany. While trying to research them all I could find was a Webpage.

On the page they tell you about what their aims are and even goes into a little detail about the society itself.

The objectives are:

- To keep its Ancient Initiation and Ceremony unique
- To impart Light that should lead to Spiritual Enlightenment
- To allow the Mystical debate of Ideas
- To assist and point out Cabalistic enigmatic Tradition

There is even an email that you can contact and I've tried emailing but I never get a response. I'm just curious about this "society" and was wondering if anyone on here had an information they'd like to share.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondtheskys

Here is more information about the History of the Unknown Philosophers Society.

Long before the establishment of Freemasonry as a fraternity, a group of mystics founded in Europe what was called the "Society of Unknown Philosophers."

Prominent among the profound thinkers who formed the membership of this society were the alchemists, who were engaged in transmuting the political and religious "base metal" of Europe into ethical and spiritual "gold"; the Qabbalists who, as investigators of the superior orders of Nature, sought to discover a stable foundation for human government; and lastly the astrologers who, from a study of the procession of the heavenly bodies, hoped to find therein the rational archetype for all mundane procedure. Here and there is to be found a character who contacted this society. By some it is believed that both Martin Luther and also that great mystic, Philip Melanchthon, were connected with it. The first edition of the King James Bible, Bible, which was edited by Francis Bacon and prepared under Masonic supervision, bears more Mason's marks than the Cathedral of Strasburg. The same is true respecting the Masonic symbolism found in the first English edition of Josephus' History of the Jews.
www.rgle.org.uk...

This below is pretty interesting considering the role of a Jesuit back in the day.

prominent among them being the Jesuit Father, Athanasius Kircher, who is recognized as one of the great scholars of his day. Both a Rosicrucian and also a member of the Society of Unknown Philosophers, as revealed by the cryptograms in his writings, Kircher was in harmony with this program of philosophic reconstruction. Since learning was largely limited to churchmen, this body of philosophers soon developed an overwhelming preponderance of ecclesiastics in its membership. The original anti-ecclesiastical ideals of the society were thus speedily reduced to an innocuous state and the organization gradually converted into an actual auxiliary of the church.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I checked out the website. I don't know who they are, but there ideology is focused on enlightenment.

They seem to advocate the principles of Christ while accepting the spiritual teachings of Kabbalism and eastern spiritual philosophies.

They have an interesting take on the story of Adam and Eve. I recommend anyone who is interested in spirituality to take a look. It is thought provoking and enlightening spiritually.

Here is a link to the page where you can find the allegory. www.rgle.org.uk...

edit on 29-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well this is interesting. I was sitting here getting bored and stumbled upon this. I wonder OP are you by chance a philosophy major or have a degree in one? I wonder if stating so may yield some results of them talking? Being a "secret" society and all that may open the door. I was wondering if anyone else had attempting to contact them and speak with them about all of this?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtheskys

As a scientist/philosopher/artist... I find the site to be very rich!
Rich in 'texture', in myth, in metaphor, in poetic allusion, in deep churchly ritual and rites, with a wondrous helping of the 'exclusivity' that comes from being a 'secret society' with than Holy Answers.
It appears rich and broad enough, that any sincere diligent follower of same (or any 'path' for that matter, like the one beneath your feet! *__- ) will draw benefit therefrom.
Even if from a short visit.
"All 'meaning' exists in the eye (thoughts/imagination/ego) of the beholder!"
It seems like a slightly demented Catholic cathedral in the middle ages,... in the evening... lights are low, torch smoke mingling with the incense in the cool stone air...
With magical monks, hooded...
It does bring Einstein to mind, though;

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

The 'end' result of all 'paths' is Enlightenment/unconditional Love!
Realization/experience of the One Universal Omni- 'Self!'!

The philosophical path, Jnana yoga, is no longer recommended for practice in this age.
'Thought' is dieing!
Too few are capable, have the diligence, the sincerity and the intellect to traverse this 'path'.
The recommended (Vedically) path in this age/Kali yuga, is in the practice of Loving (selfless) devotional service!
The end result IS unconditional Love/Enlightenment, after all, and the clearest, most widely useful path is Bhakti yoga, devotional service.
Service to 'whom'?

"Do NOT do to 'others' what you don't want done to you!"
(EVERYTHING in the Universe (and everyone), is 'others', and 'others' Is Self!)!

Whom else is there? *__-

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiriya

Yes i actually am in school now majoring in philosophy and I haven't found anyone else that has tried contacting them but there's just something about them that sparks interest

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I know what you mean after reading through your post, and then going through the page it along with one other tab is the only one that has been open. I wanted to delve a bit further in it today/tonight to see. I also majored in Philosophy I actually need to get back into school and get my masters on it. I can certainly try contacting them but I will probably do it mid afternoon or early morning to appear more formal rather than sending something at near 2:00 AM.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Oh how neat, a new cultist group.

I've heard of the Pharonic Order of Silence, but I've never heard of this group before. Their historic account of their existence is proof enough of their fakeness.

Here is a change to anyone who can read and understand a timeline;
Look at their history and try and follow it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
Not really a new group.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason
How long have they been around? 2005, maybe a year before that. Hardly what I would call ancient and pre-dating the masons (even if we are only referring to the modern rendition of the freemasons)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
Well, Martinism has been around since the 1700s (look at the 2nd link I posted above)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

How long has the black heads been around
Damn remember its a bloodborn thing

new topics

top topics

join