It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove the Earth is not flat.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The only thing I come up to is that it goes under the earth half and come back from the other way. Or that the machine doesn't work like they have tell us. Or there's a force that they don't have disclose.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Pouilleux
Please please please stop the path you are on. Alarm bells are already ringing as you have quoted nibiru in a response.

Please think objectively. Please just think about it as I feel you are genuinely not sure. Think north south poles. Think about day and night. Please search for a photo from ISS. It will end your confusion instantly.

I understand you don't accept everything because of other conspiracies but this is not a subject to even consider being confused over. GPS for gods sake. How can you travel to Australia by plane in either direction? I have to stop as the list of basic observations is untrue.

If you are young please focus your attention on more applicable subjects

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I'm not confused, I just see the world in different ways and I question everything. It can be the most common sense or logical thing.

I can be young or not, it all depends on the opinion of those who focus on this. I'm 22 yo in number, and what's the problem about Nibiru? It's just a theory, even if I would quote it as ultra rare probability to be, it can.

Remember, you can say anything you want with the numbers, even in the GPS. The degree, min, sec can be made for the model they want you to believe.
edit on 30 9 2015 by Pouilleux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pouilleux
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The only thing I come up to is that it goes under the earth half and come back from the other way. Or that the machine doesn't work like they have tell us. Or there's a force that they don't have disclose.

OK -- we can magically make up explanations that have not been disclosed...

...or we can apply known maths and known laws of orbital mechanics (things that have been known for hundreds of years before we had space stations and other artificial satellites) to explain how the ISS can orbit a spherical Earth without crashing to the ground.

EDIT TO ADD:
People can cherry-pick all they want and find something that maybe -- when a single aspect of the question is looked at without the context of everything else that is known -- could put some ambiguity into the question of the Earth being flat or a spheroid. However taking into account all of the evidence as a whole, there is really no way to question the shape; it is a spheroid.

edit on 9/30/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Are you trolling, seriously?

Canada (I assume that's where you're from) ranks 10th in the World for Science Education. Did you bunk of school a lot as a kid?

Your views on the world are no different to those people from 2000 years ago, we've moved on since then, come and join us in 2015, we've got spaceships now

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: deadeyedick

What I really see is an attempt to discredit any who do not think as you all do and attempts to lay guilt trips on them for questioning the god of science.

Yea, it must be that. I assure you it has nothing to do with COMMON SENSE.

COMMON? yes common folk that all think alike or whatever the official story is

SENSE? yes, in a common, sheepish kind of way.

How do you know that the earth is not flat?

Because you were taught that in school? Or by the common mans' sense??

When I look at the moon, it looks round and flat to me, just seeing one side.
Am I supposed to believe in NASA's "photos" of the dark side of the moon?
edit on 30-9-2015 by NowWhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

I would respond to you but before I do I'm gonna wait for "October 7th" to come and go and then get back to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Sorry if I seems like this. I don't intend to troll. It's true that the earth being round is the highest potential shape of the earth (spheroid). Lot's of observations go that way. But I haven't observe it myself. I've never been in a plane and I've never climb a mountain that could make me witness a curve. I always feel like my eyes can deceive me, but what they see, together with my other senses define my reality. From this point, I dont consider the round earth as the absolute shape of the planet.

To come back to Soylent Green Is People: these magically explanations make theories, and I don't intend to convince anybody with them. They're not arguments.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Nibiru is a problem when discussing in debates as the information you will have is a fraud, it also displays a certain mindset, a mindset people often try to avoid due to its conflict with reality.

Age is irrelevant, but helpful when trying to ascertain someone's level of education.

You don't write like a troller but the persistence is either that of one or someone who has difficulty in decision making. There is No conspiracy. The world is not flat.

I will repeat myself. Day and night. North and south poles. Why does the water flush in a different direction in australia compared to UK. Simple basic thoughts with basic simple answers. Google is awaiting you before your next responses. Ats is not siri. ...think, check then if you are still unsure ask members, but not the same questions that have easily been answered.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Do you believe you breath in oxygen? Have you ever seen an oxygen molecule?

Do you believe in God? Have you seen God for yourself?

Last question, WHY? - why would anyone want to deceive mankind into believing the world was sphere in shape rather than flat? What would anyone gain from it?

WHY?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

What I really see is an attempt to discredit any who do not think as you all do and attempts to lay guilt trips on them for questioning the god of science.

Using your common sense, why is the terminator line (that you can see with your own eyes) on a crescent moon curved:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

There is a tool. It's called a telescope. Using it, you can search for other worlds. You may even see Mars or Jupiter. If you do, and you watch them spin, it's almost amazing how you can relate those spinning spheres with the big blue marble we call Earth.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
'flat earthers' can raise 3000 USD and get evidence themselves.
i mean, high school kids are doing some of these projects. now you can buy professional grade weather balloons for cheap, and camera enclosures that can withstand frigid temps and go up much higher than a couple of years ago, and camera that can record different light spectrum and exposures.
get a cheap gimbal to prevent shaking and help stabalize when the camera is high up

edit on 30-9-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

There is a tool. It's called a telescope. Using it, you can search for other worlds. You may even see Mars or Jupiter. If you do, and you watch them spin, it's almost amazing how you can relate those spinning spheres with the big blue marble we call Earth.

Heck -- you can even use a telescope to see the Libration of the Moon over time with your own eyes, showing that different parts of the Moon along its limb can be visible at different times. That doesn't make sense if it were a disk.

In my experience, the people who say things such as "they only teach the official story in schools" haven't tried hard enough investigate and discover things for themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join