It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall of the EU?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The purpose of this post is primarily to show those that are far removed from Europe, the current feelings of member states, and the great possibility of an EU split and to assess the successes/failures of what is gradually appearing to be a completely unthought out unworkable solution proposed by Merkel & the EU. Wherever possible I have used sound sources and validated those sources and the stories therein

Germany - It seems that the Mother Merkel may have seriously underestimated her countrys' ability to cope with the influx of refugees both legal and illegal as Police record a record 5280 illegal immgrants trying to enter the country. Bavarias' premier Horst Seehofer called Merkel's refugee policy "a mistake we will be dealing with for a long time" as arrangements were being made for the famous Oktoberfest in order to keep the refugees and populace apart. Bavaria has seen over 169,000 people reach their borders since the beginning of September with 100,000 arriving on Monday alone. Germany is also struggling with illegals from the Baltic states such as Albania Kosovo and Montenegro.
Merkel's popularity is showing signs of decreasing as tensions rise in German towns with reports of an anti islamic march in Dresden attended by 8500 people. Attacks on refugee shelters are also on the increase as are attacks within the shelters themselves between opposing religious and ethnic factions. Rainer Weldt head of the Police Union said

"Groups come together according to ethnic religious or clan structure and attack each other with knives and home-made weapons

In order to prevent a further slide for Merkels Conservatives an emergency package has now been agreed to fund housing particularly for unaccompanied minors by putting aside 5bill eus from the Budget and to give each district a sum of 670eu per month for each refugee they take in.
Reuters

Czech Republic - opposition leaders are calling for a referendum to exit the EU and reject demands that they take 120,000 to be distributed between their States. Chairman of the Parliamentry group DAWN Miroslav Lidinsky said

We want to join Britain to send a message to the European Union that it needs to reform.

Czechs Reject Migrant Quotas
EU Referendum Call

Denmark - Denmark have said a definitive no to more Syrian or ME refugees but have said they won't stop onward travel to Sweden. Denmark is one of the more wealthy of the EU countries and has a high standard of living and a good welfare benefit system but Danish Minister Inge Stojberg used Denmark's exemption policy (the same as the UK) to refuse further refugees citing the 15000 they had already accepted in 2014. Denmark is 90% Danish and the tiny country has long been ethnically homogenous with the few immgrants that there are coming from either Inuit Turkish or German stock. So worried are the Danes that they have even done the unthinkable and placed an advert in Lebanese newspapers advising people not to come
Denmark
Danish Advert

Norway - Norway have agreed to take 8000 refugees that have found there way to the Norwegian border from Russia but have refused to take further migrants. Possible reasons for this could be the discovery of a few immigrants being members of Boko Haram and also that many of the migrants have stated they wanted to go to Sweden

Finland- There appears to be growing animosity towards the migrant population with President Niinisto calling for solidarity in tacking the crisis. Various protests occurred over the week-end with some protestors donning KKK outfits and fire bombing a refugee shelter. Finland has complied with the EU quota with 3190 refugees being sent to Finland however the protests against further immigration show that Finland is not in a happy place with regards to the EU demanding they take more but Finlands Government has stated that they are not willing to accept more and were the only country to abstain from the EUs voting this week stating they were against mandatory quotas
Finland's Abstention
Finnish Attacks

Italy - As most know Italy has suffered as much if not more as Greece in the crisis but whereas Greece's refugees have tended to be from Syria and Lebanon, Italy has been inundated with illegal immigrants from Nigeria Somalia Gambia and Senegal, all thanks to the Government's decriminalisation of illegal immigrants and generous handouts which has proven a green light to the Africans. It should be noted that ISIS have indicated their almost pathological desire to take their crusade to Rome on various social media sites, and the danger for Italy is Boko Haram infiltrating the migrants. The numbers now arriving in Italy have reached manic proportions with figures reported as high as 450,000 waiting in Libya to get in. So large are the numbers that Italian police often simply dump coach loads of refugees in town & city squares where makeshift refugee camps are being set up. As a result of this swathe of people, many cities particularly in the North are now in open revolt and refusing to take anymore. Scabies is rife and 1 in 4 refugees have tested positive for HepC. The anti immigration vote is now rocketing which is probaby just as well as recent reports state that the majority of the refugees don't want to remain in Italy in any event but go on to Germany or Sweden.
Italy African Migrant Crisis

cont/....

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Cont/...

France - France has now closed its borders in the Cote d' Azur with Italy and are defying the Schengen Agreement. France's camps are suffering from horrendous health & hygeine problems including scabies and gangrene with the Calais camp being the top of the list. However, again the majority of refugees do not want to remain in France or even go there due to squalid housing, red tape & bureaucracy and France's own high unemployment rate. Frances' President Francois Hollande has pledged to take in 31,000 refugees over 2 years but such is Frances' unattractive status that only 600 Syrians & Iraqis have agreed to go there. One such refugee was quoted in the Telegraph as saying "If things don't work out (in France) we'll go back to Germany". Most refugees head straight for Calais in the hope of getting to the UK despite having no papers and despite the conditions of the camp. Deaths are now becoming regular as migrants attempt to gain entry to the UK in lorries and by walking through the Channel Tunnel
French Refugee Problem

UK - Prime Minister David Cameron has stated that the refugee crisis has "complicated" convincing the British public for the need to stay in the EU and polls were now showing a swing towards exiting the EU which the Government feels has been caused by the public seeing the disarray in Europe with its leaders. Britain used their veto regarding the vote on quotas and is pushing for a referendum of the EUs freedom of movement policy. Britain has agreed to take Syrians from Middle East Camps over 5yrs but Germany have stated the Britain must do more. The British Government however blame Merkel for encouraging people to take perilous journeys across the sea to Europe with the promises of asylum in Germany who then closed their borders. The refugee crisis has highlighted the problems with areas such as Bradford & Oldham which are described as radicalisation hotspots with Cameron admitting that these areas were the most segregated in Britain
EU Exit Polls Rise

So in finishing this lengthy post, the conclusions I draw from the hundreds of articles I've read are:-
1. There appears to have been no specific plan in place for these refugees
2. The numbers were way more than anticipated
3. No facilities for checking and processing refugees in such numbers
4. Despite various Governments' good intentions, a number are now actively grumbling and some outright refusing to take more
5. Threats of leaving the EU are becoming louder
6. The Governments appear to have taken little notice of local councils and local peoples fears opinions and demographics before dumping refugees on them
7. In some countries tempers are starting to flare, with attacks on both sides and attacks between refugees increasing
8. Refugees are still choosing where they want to go and refusing to go to certain countries
9. It is now clear that amongst the genuine refugees are many economic migrants taking advantage of the situation and entering the EU illegally
10. The whole of the EU is in danger of crumbling and there doesn't appear to be a solution to any of it!

I for one await with baited breath just how the EU are going to salvage this situation and await fellow ATSers views and perhaps logical solutions.
I fear somebody somewhere is laughing at our inadequate coping and rubbing their hands in glee at a plan coming to fruition!
edit on 29-9-2015 by PhyllidaDavenport because: missed a bit

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

The quicker the Europeans free themselves from the E"USSR", the better for them. The EU has become totally undemocratic, where the will of each nation's people is overruled by dictats from Brussels' bureaucrats.

Freedom!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that the refugees were better of in the camps where they came from, especially with the winter coming soon. They are not prepared and not used to Europe winter, and if the authorities can't find a solution real fast we'll see much more casualties.
Thank you for a broad view of the situation in EU.
Nothing good can come out of this. I wish that certain people can be held responsible for this whole mess.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

I shudder to think just how these people are going to survive in places like Sweden and Finland, coming from such hot places as Syria. Wouldn't be surprised if theyve never even seen snow! Going to be very tough

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

As much as we can see, we know that migration crisis is a serious issue, and is also showing the weakness in the EU as there is split on dealing with the crisis.

Merkel, for the sake of humanity, also wanted to help people in need, and at the same time Germany needed the people to boost the falling young working class population: here. It was a win-win solution for Germany, that came with a big price, more influx of refugees.

If anything, the source of the problem is where all this mess can be resolved, and that is taking IS head on like what Russia is doing?

Much of the west will not agree with Russia to form a coalition against IS because they would rather not do it alongside Assad in power.

Surprisingly, the Australians are with the Russian as long it is to get rid of IS. And I think that is the right thing to do, get rid of IS then ask Assad to step down later simple as that. But I guess the West can't fight IS, because IS was started to topple the Assad Regime in the first place.

Peace
edit on 29-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think the U.K ought to leave the EU, as far as I am concerned when I was over there the pound is so much stronger than the euro, and being a part of the EU has really been at a sacrifice to the U.K and not much of a gain. I'm not saying abandoning ally's but the U.K doesn't need the EU the reverse however is not true.

Further, in the event the flood gates are allowed to remain open you should demand to dismantle the EU! This crisis is a Trojan horse for all of the west and we are going to pay for our warm hearts, what must be done, well, the people must be motivated to do it, so speaking about a solution at this point is probably premature, and likely Islamicfication and attacks will have to take place to reach a unified meaningful response. Unfortunate, I just shake my head sometimes.
edit on 29-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I agree
What I have never been able to fathom is the backing America & UK have had over the last few years in removing so many westernised ME Leaders and besides the petro-dollar and pipeline to Russia issues, what their reasoning was and why the EU just stood by. So many lies have been told from 9/11 to WofMD and yet I can't find anything in resources online of any EU country actually questioning this.

If this has been some plot or plan by those unknown to topple the EU, I fail to see what will replace it

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Well let's hope Europe do not fall under the real life version of the Norsefire Party from V for Vendetta. As much I disagree with Islamic extremism, it would be a nightmare if Europe has fallen under the Neo Fascists.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reading will follow!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I can't quite fathom the idea that 100,000 people entered Germany in one day!! No one can cope with that amount of people entering.. this needs to be sorted now because there will be big trouble in the not so near future..

I was having a business lunch with some clients earlier this week an the conversation arose. 2 were afghani and one was Syria.
They all joked about this being the Muslim army invading Europe (the reality of the situation imo) and one afghani told me he brought his children to Iran this year, because "they needed to know they are not english" and wanted to "inject into their brain" who they are..

Firstly why choose Iran for this purpose and not Afghanistan where he was from.... and secondly if your so again the British people and way of life then why not f*** of back to where you came from..

I must just add I didn't really need their business anyway so I politely declined their offer, made my excuses and left..

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
S&F, a very well put-together summary. I personally believe that the UK should take zero refugees/immigrants. That's my opinion although that seems to make me a xenophobe and a racist. Whatever.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I think the U.K ought to leave the EU, .

I agree with you on this. There are those that oppose this, mainly (from what I can glean from the newspapers) businesses. However, when it comes to "them" dictating to us what we can and can't do? It leaves a nasty little taste in my mouth, right or wrongly. Anyone remember this one?

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 3092015 by MrCrow because: Spelling and grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Thanks for an in depth report. I was disapointed we joined in the first place (Croatia). We are small and insignificant...but we were practically held at gun point to join. Our politicians were using scare mongering tactics to force us into EU. They were also promising milk flowing from street faucets and overall super progress.

Every day that goes by since we joined...the critics are amassing numbers.

I think the idea of EU is pretty on paper...but it mean relinquishing our national identity...and submitting to whatever EU asks of us. We have fought a war 20 years ago...to become a free independent country...it appears we have only switched masters.

It was always apparent to me...that we are not going to profit from entering the EU. But politicians and Neocons want free market...no price is too big. I'm afraid for the future of the little people.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the New World Order. Population migration has been used since ancient times as a means of taking down empires. The globalists wish for an emotional issue so that they can easily manipulate us into tyranny. It's the kind of thing where we are pissed off at this forced immigration, yet we turn to those same lawmakers for an answer? They create chaos, so we demand order from them.

The whole point of this population shift is to increase unemployment, increase the strain on government benefits, lower the living standard, and reinvigorate the east-west animosity to get rid of the real threats to globalism.

I feel sorry for the real refugees whose beautiful country our governments have destroyed, but there's a suspicious amount of fake passports coming in. It seems like our governments are setting us up for something.

By the way, Norway's not a part of the EU!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I suspect this tide of people will be the end of the EU simply because of the chaos and the cost of helping them.

It appears that for the UK the lie that oinky told the public that immigrants don't use our NHIS has been exposed with the information that huge numbers of immigrants have health problems before admittance into the EU which added to the hygiene problems within camps are going to cost a lot more money than integrating healthy people. ready to work and support themselves.

There is only a limited amount of resources a government can give and if the population is not willing to help or integrate the only thing that will happen is destabilisation within the individual countries which will make them ultimately ungovernable..

The policy of trying to make Syria a safer place and return many of the immigrants back there is probably the only light in the tunnel but what they will do with the influx of non-Syrians such as Africans and Boko whatever is quite another problem. Whatever they decide its going to put unfair costs onto the EU tax payers, many who are already much poorer than they were in the past and won't want to donate into the EU costs.

We appear to be running out of countries to take people who simply want to move away from home whether genuine refugees or not.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The govt of the EU is structerd to make break up impossible. It will take mass realisation that:

the current refugee crises is a reuslt of their own subservience to washington. The US was never going to be victim of european refugees were they??

Muticulturalism is a subversive, cultural and slient weapon that is designed to destry national identify and national pride. A nation of bitza's stands for and cares about nothing and will not fight for anything making them easy takeover targets.

diverisity is also a subversive, cultural and slient weapon that is designed to achieve the same outcome.

Mass awaking to anything like this is just not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Again I will mention the fact that there are no provisions being made for them to return once its safe. They are being given permanent housing stock and jobs that say we want you to stay and replace the indigenous populations because they are becoming wise to our tactics. They are replacing the local workforces with foreigners. Surely they should be offering apprenticeships to our youth and not the people who could up and leave at any time with a mass load of cash made from our society. What will happen if they all leave and go home to rebuild. Will the powers that be want us to replace the compliant workforce they have created.
I cannot wait for the crash as if you have fox all to lose then you have lost nothing. Watch how ruthless the people with something to protect can be.
if the roles were reversed then we would do exactly the same, as the future will tell. We are past tipping point. How hard will the refugees fight to save what they have gained. can you really see them just up and leaving.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Thanks for an in depth report. I was disapointed we joined in the first place (Croatia). We are small and insignificant...but we were practically held at gun point to join. Our politicians were using scare mongering tactics to force us into EU.

Your politicians like all 'power hungry' politicians were caught in the

glare of *power* like all politicians thinking they would swim in the

same pool as the 'big fishes' only to find they end up as insignificant

little tiddlers with no teeth in a pool of 'sharks' .... BIG MISTAKE!!!

I think the idea of EU is pretty on paper...but it mean relinquishing our national identity...and submitting to whatever EU asks of us. We have fought a war 20 years ago...to become a free independent country...it appears we have only switched masters.

Yep... just like every other country excepting Germany with France

calling the shots!! Germanys answer to the USA the USE??

It was always apparent to me...that we are not going to profit from entering the EU. But politicians and Neocons want free market...no price is too big. I'm afraid for the future of the little people.

The cracks are beginning to show ... a split is inevitable the only thing

in doubt is how long will it take.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I can see Europe falling into little city states like Greece was 3,000 year ago, and might be again, with some cities being moslem, other Roman catholic, and then the Anglicans, Jesuits, etc., with Russia demanding tribute now and then.

The rich cities will stay rich, the poor cities will become sink holes for those no one else wants.
National power grids will collapse, good agricultural land will be fought over many times, canals and rivers will silt up, lands will get flooded, and be useless for food production, and the four horsemen will be very much in evidence.

How do you like that scenario?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join