It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does This Ancient Personality Test Say About You?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

2. The Helper - Heart centered. The caring, interpersonal type. Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.

6 and 7, both head centered, were my secondary scores.

Overall I would say I identify with 2 the most followed by 6 and a more introverted 7 coming in 3rd.

edit on 29-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't think you did it right. You should have one 6, two 5s, three 4s, two 3s, and one 2.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
4 no surprises there

4. The Individualist. The introspective, romantic type.
Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are
emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be
moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from
others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can
also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of
living. They typically have problems with melancholy,
self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and
highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and
transform their experiences.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The one I scored 6 in was...6.

6. The Loyalist. The committed, security-oriented type.
Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and
trustworthy. Excellent “troubleshooters,” they foresee
problems and foster cooperation, but can also become
defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while
complaining about it. They can be cautious and
indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They
typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At
their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously
championing themselves and others.

The 2 I scored 5 in were types 1 and 4.

I haven't read types 1 and 4 yet but type 6 is dead on.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am sevens, across the board, except for # seven, for which I got to the first power. Sum ting na rite wit dis order.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I guess it shows me to be a skeptic and a cynic, because I feel that at different times I exhibit some or all of the vague, poorly-defined characteristics on the chart.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
For real, #4. Probably why I feel so goddamned alone 99.2 % of the time.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As promised I said I would share a response to my email if I received one and here it is...

Thank you for your interest and your question! Neither the author (Shira Atkins) of the HuffPo article nor the people she cites (Rasanath Das and Hari Prasad) have any affiliation with the Enneagram Institute. I looked at their bios on their own site and did not see any sort of Enneagram training listed. So I really would prefer not to comment on anything they or the journalist say.

Don Riso and Russ Hudson, the founders of the Enneagram Institute, are two of the foremost developers of the Enneagram as a personality system. (Although Atkins refers to one of our books, her description of it is too brief to be meaningful.)

In short, due to their credentials, I would suggest that you refer to Riso and Hudson's books or the information on our website ( www.enneagraminstitute.com ) rather than rely on a brief and very basic online article. I note, for example, that the type One name of “Moralist” is not ours; we use “Reformer” and the reference to type “10” is clearly a typo as it is correctly shown in the diagram, and that the type name for the nine is referred to in the article as “the Peaceseeker” and on the diagram as “the Peacemaker” (which is our terminology). Further, although the Enneagram symbol is ancient, there is no evidence that Gurdjieff ever used the Enneagram symbol as a means of explaining a personality system – that seems to have come later through Oscar Ichazo and others during the twentieth century.

Our webpage also has multimedia ways of presenting information (e.g., images, audio, video), which can be useful for different learning styles. For example, see our overview of Type One: www.enneagraminstitute.com...

I hope you find this helpful to you in your journey! We are here if you have further questions.

Best wishes,
Laura

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
Man I'm a lonely lonely 1, with all you 5's and 9's.

I'm absolutely a "1" (reformer or moralist), followed with both of my 5's in "2" (helper) and "3" (achiever). No surprises - except for the 3 (status driven & overly concerned with image) seems to be at the opposite end of 1's and 2's.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

An Enthusiast then the Loyalist, but the Enthusiast is about 180 degrees the opposite of who I am seeing as how I am an introvert.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
For real, #4. Probably why I feel so goddamned alone 99.2 % of the time.

You are not alone. I am primarily a 2, with a secondary 4 and coming in third as a 1.

Now that really explains my entire life to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't recognise myself in any of the descriptions
But then I am using critical thinking...

I recommend that you all study Haruspex, its far more accurate.

en.wikipedia.org...

At the very least the Babylonians thought so, because they dropped astrology in favour of it, and they invented astrology

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Wow! I'm a #3 (Achiever), #6 (Loyalist), #4 (Individualist)

That matches my personal history. I'll battle on to achieve a personal goal even when everyone else has given up (achiever/individualist). I won't leave a company simply on a whim (Loyalist).

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I guess I will have to remain in the dark since I am not big on meat.

Not a rigid vegetarian. More of a fruitarian.

Just don't care much for the smell or taste of meat.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was smiling when reading what i got : the challenger-8
Pretty closely sums me up.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

this is exactly what I got. Without knowing how the score was calculated, I would've guessed myself to be more aggressive.

Strange

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

This isn't ancient. It's a made-up New Age thing.

About as meaningful as a newspaper horoscope.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
I don't recognise myself in any of the descriptions
But then I am using critical thinking...

I recommend that you all study Haruspex, its far more accurate.

en.wikipedia.org...

At the very least the Babylonians thought so, because they dropped astrology in favour of it, and they invented astrology

I always inspect the entrails. Just before I cook them.
Guess it's right up my alley then.

Harte

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

That's the problem. An honest self-eval. I wear too many masks to pick any one for an extended period of time.

My guess is how the average person would answer differs a bit from how the average person would see them. What is more true? How you perceive yourself or how you are seen? Our feelings and intent, or actions and impact?
edit on 30-9-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

New agers have FEELINGS, too, and if you aren't down with the hipster latte then you can take YOUR OWN meaning and go somewhere ELSE!!
edit on 30-9-2015 by pl3bscheese because: I DP and decided to make a nonsensical rant just cause

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join