It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cecile Richards admits that 86% of Planned Parenthood’s (non-government revenue) is from abortions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Good comparison. The fanatic Right is going after PP in the same way the Left would go after guns following a number of mass shootings. But the Left is not going after guns.

I think you have highlighted who the emotional, PC reactionaries really are.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You wanna go there? Okay, shelters euthanize cats and dogs that no one wants. That's more humane than letting them suffer and starve on the streets.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: neo96

Uh huh. "I want them to be born, so that I can say it's not my problem if they suffer!" Makes sense.

Better than just killing them.

you do know that a "fetus" is attached to, and a body part of, an actual living human being, right?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

You wanna go there? Okay, shelters euthanize cats and dogs that no one wants. That's more humane than letting them suffer and starve on the streets.

Deflect all you want with euthanasia. That wasn't my point! Why is it humane and the right thing to do as pet owners to have our pets fixed, but make excuses for human beings for being careless enough to get pregnant?

I am all for animal instincts and how as human beings we are not much different than our furry friends, but as far as I know, we are also supposed to be of a superior intelligence to our furry friends!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
here's a plan......have all male infants have a procedure that surgically ties off their testicles so as to keep them from emitting any sperm. and, until a woman's written request to have a child is received and recorded by her doctor, a man will be held criminally liable if he impregnates a woman, and all his assets seized to provide care....abortion problem solved....how about that ladies?!!!...sound good to you?....

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Works for me.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Rep. Jordan said today that some of the big federal dollars that go to PP are funneled back to certain politicians. Hmmmm. Also, PP officials spend $14,000 per day on travel. Wonder what all that travel is for. Non-profit my a**!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This is my problem, PP is abusing their authority and look to me that they aren't trustworthy enough to be a part of something that should be held to the highest standard. There are PLENTY of other organizations that can step right in and take care of women's needs and do it better, without the terrible history and track record PP has. I don't see why women see this as some war on women by the right, when all they've talked about doing is sending the money to other organizations to do the same things with it. Just another MADE UP piece of BS to try and smear conservatives. Hillary loves to go on and on about the republicans being out to get her, when just as much comes from the other side.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity
For this alone, planned parenthood should be shut down forever! They have NO shame!

GRAPHIC CONTENT–’CARLY FIORINA WAS RIGHT': GROUP RELEASES FULL ABORTION VIDEO MENTIONED IN GOP DEBATE

That time is coming and probably soon.

I don't believe God is going to turn His face away from these crimes much longer.

Things are about to change, we are about to reap what we have sown for too long...

And that child in the link, no harm will EVER come to him or her again.

Earthquake Kelley describes aborted children he saw in Heaven during his NDE:

"I came upon a group of children of all different ages who were running, jumping and playing. Then another group of children caught my eye. As I stood and watched these children, I heard a voice say, "You're wondering who those children are...These are children who died from diseases, wars, accidents, murders and other things that happen to children. Some were stillbirths and others died from miscarriages.

These are all the children that I brought home to be with me. No harm can ever come to them again." Then the voice choked back tears as He pointed out another group of children and said, "See those children? I had a plan for their lives. I had things for them to do. But because of the selfishness of sin, and the hardness of peoples' hearts, these children were aborted and sent back to me."

He pointed out another group of children and, with the same trembling voice said, "I sent these children to the homes of so-called Christians. I sent these children for ministry. I sent them for exhortation. I sent them to help the world. But their parents listened to the ways of the world. They listened to wrong counsel. They thought they had financial problems and could not afford these children. They had secret abortions, thinking that no-one would find out. But nothing is hidden from Me."
Is My Kid in Heaven?

In heaven, children are there, all the ones who died young, in childbirth, or were aborted.
Link

"This dome," said my guide, "is the place where all infants from earth are gathered for instruction. The outer buildings are the nurseries where they are first brought, to be nourished by their guardian angel."

"Whenever an infant dies on earth, the guardian angel who brings it here considers all of its abilities and places it with others of similar ability. According to its artistic, scientific or social abilities, each is given a home best suited to the development of its gifts." (Nine Days in Heaven: The Vision of Marietta Davis)

CAUGHT UP TO THE INFANTS' PARADISE

"I believe all she says is true. (Marietta Davis) I too was able to see where the infants are. Everything she described was as I saw it. But I saw and was told more specifically they were all the babies that were born and died, and miscarriages and abortions. I was only allowed in that one room, I was not allowed to travel around like she was. When I was there, I was at home. That is where we belong. Make every effort to get there."

Link

"In 1988, evangelist Jesse Duplantis was taken up into Heaven. While he was there, he saw a multitude of small children, singing and praising God as they played little harps. When he asked the angel who had brought him there who they were, he was told they were the children the earth did not want.

As Duplantis watched these children, who appeared to be from three to ten years old, he realized that they were children who had been lost to abortion. The angel explained to him that these children longed to see their mothers come to Heaven and be reunited with them."

Link

Below is a message from a Russian woman who had an NDE during which she encounters Jesus and also her own aborted child:

Ludmila had a near-death experience and came back to life. During the time that her spirit was out of body, she found herself suddenly in front of a ‘mountain-sized’pile of dismembered aborted babies! When she asked: “What is this?” God replied: “These are your ‘sins’”

She was in shock as she observed this genocide of so many unborn aborted babies. Her shock increased as she observed various human ‘pieces’ beginning to ‘come together’ and form ‘one’ baby. Immediately, this baby began to run directly towards her mother, Ludmila while screaming: “Mommy! Mommy!!!”

As the baby came within feet of her, the Ludmila realized she could not receive her child or help her because there was a ‘huge and solid but transparent wall’ between her and the baby. As a mother, she experienced sheer agony as she saw demonic spirits of abortion tearing away at her baby! The baby was screaming in pain! This scene was repeated several times in front of the totally helpless mother.

Ludmila cried out to God, then Jesus said: “I will help you save your baby, but you must help me. I want you to go to return to earth and tell everything you saw here.” Suddenly, Ludmila came back to life, never to be the same again!
“When She Died, She Came “Face to Face’ With Her Unborn Baby.”

edit on 29-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
gee, you have this nice salary, and you have all this excess revenue, why should you get reimbursement for the care you provide to low income people??? why don't you just provide these services for free in other words....

As far as I know Blue Cross, Blue shield is still one of the biggest insurers getting contracts from the gov't to insure those on medicaid, on the subsidy programs that helps provide insurance for kids, ect...

In an article dated from 2014, Blue Cross, Blue Shield reported a $265-million net surplus the prior year, as the CEO's salary doubled from $3.8 million dollars, to $6.6 million..... why isn't anyone asking them to provide insurance for free to all those low income people????
archive.freep.com...

lol....planned parenthood should send a message to their medicaid, title x patients and just kindly ask them all to visit their county health department's health clinic and ask for a pap smear, or std test.
heck those of you saying that the health departments are a suitable replacement, this is the part of what is on my county health clinic's website:

STD – Walk In Clinics

These clinics are limited to the first 10 patients on a first come, first serve basis.
Mondays: 1:30PM Walk-In; first 10 served; First come, First serve
Wednesdays: 12:30PM Walk-In; first 10 served; First come, First serve

later down the page it says that there are appointments available
on Tuesdays, from 1-3:30
or Thursdays, all day!!

Pregnancy tests??
well they are only offered by appointments scheduled on Tuesdays...

don't see nothing about breast exams, and although they have Birth Control Methods listed under family planning, weather or not they actually hand out birth control pills.

In plain simple words, I highly doubt if they offer all the services that even those planned parenthood clinics that don't offer abortion services does. I'm confused as to why they would have two walkin clinics for STD that limit the number of people to 10 unless they have more people asking for appointments than they can accommodate and well, your best chance of getting a test in a timely manner is to go and sit around and hope you are one of the lucky 10!! All in all, a shabby replacement to planned parenthood. As far as all these other providers out there??? sorry don't see that many!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Rep. Jordan said today that some of the big federal dollars that go to PP are funneled back to certain politicians. Hmmmm. Also, PP officials spend $14,000 per day on travel. Wonder what all that travel is for. Non-profit my a**!

These are the recipients that received money BACK from Planned Parenthood. Isn't it funny that the amount returned to politicians is almost the same as what PP received in federal taxpayer money.

OpenSecrets.org

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

hmm.....Blue Cross/Blue Shield Contributions.... for 2014

Dems-- $1,238,231
Repubs-- $1,746,630
Incumbants-- $2,572,220
Non-Incumbants-- $412,641

www.opensecrets.org...

hmm...they get these big contracts to insure the poor through medicaid, child health plus, obamacare, ect. pay their ceo insane amounts of money, have insane surplus revenues, and kick back to the politician....

gee, we should just drop those contracts and not give them anymore gov't funds!!! if they want to insure those low income people, well they can just give the insurance to them!!

the only difference between planned parenthood and the insurance companies is that planned parenthood would probably just eat the cost of providing them treatment! the insurance companies would drop them like rocks and let them sink to the bottom of the pond!

edit on 29-9-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I read the first several pages, and have decided that republicans and the pro-life folks are ok with their 13 YO daughter using a coathanger on herself, or hydrogen peroxide, or any of the other methods that might kill her, because their republican parents do not want any legal, or medically safe methods of getting an abortion available.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is some serious BS in this thread. Conflation, conflation, conflation!

Abortions are only 3% of the services performed yearly at PP. The 86% figure is basically worthless because all of their other services are federally subsidized and generally orders of magnitude less expensive/completely covered. Here's the chart from the annual report I linked earlier:

Next up — this bit about mammograms. THIS ISN'T NEW. The fact that people are acting like any of this is a revelation simply shows how generally uninformed people can be and still have these deeply held opinions. Here's a breakdown of some other services as reported in the PDF above:

STI/STD Testing & Treatment

STI Tests, Women and Men 3,727,359
Genital Warts (HPV) Treatments 38,612
HIV Tests, Women and Men 704,079
Other Treatments 547

Contraception

Reversible Contraception Clients, Women 2,131,865
Emergency Contraception Kits 1,440,495
Female Sterilization Procedures 822
Vasectomy Clients 4,166

Cancer Screening and Prevention

Pap Tests 378,692
HPV Vaccinations 34,739
Colposcopy Procedures 32,334
LEEP Procedures 2,095
Cryotherapy Procedures 684

Other Women’s Health Services

Pregnancy Tests 1,128,783
Prenatal Services 18,684

Other Services

Family Practice Services, Women and Men 65,464
Adoption Referrals to Other Agencies 1,880
Urinary Tract Infections Treatments 47,264
Other Procedures, Women and Men 17,187

No, they don't do mammograms there but neither does a primary care physician. What they do is give referrals, discuss results, arrange additional tests and help lower income uninsured women find financial aid to pay for the mammograms. This includes grants like the one from the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP).

Let's not pretend that this is about anything but anti-abortionists trying to find a way to make it harder for women to have access to abortion services because they'll never get the support to outlaw abortion. It doesn't matter if nothing illegal was done, it doesn't matter if federal funding isn't being used for abortion, it doesn't matter how many other services they provide. The "argument" will just keep shifting to something else. It's ACORN all over again except this time they've really gone off the rails. The bill that they're trying to leverage to defund PP DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE THE PP FUNDING. They're just using the nuclear option — like impetuous hormonal teenagers threatening to run away or commit suicide if they don't get their way — to defund PP by attaching language to the bill al a the Defund Planned Parenthood Act which states:

"Passage of the bill that would bar, for one year, federal funding for Planned Parenthood and its affiliates unless they certify that, during that period, they will not perform abortions or provide funds to other entities that perform abortions. The prohibition would apply to all federal funds, including Medicaid."

In effect, they're saying "We'll shut down government if you don't let us force PP affiliates to stop performing abortions WHICH ARE NOT FUNDED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT by threatening their funding for the services that are."

How stupid are people that they don't see this for what it is?
edit on 2015-9-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I bet they cook the books.

And Congress (mostly "D"s) has been compromised by the "donations" and lobbying.

Nice try just the same.

The "3%" thing is a red herring.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

One would have be about as gullible as the girl in the State Farm commercial to actually believe that hooey...

And considering the fact that Cecile Richards has now confessed, those statistics don't amount to didly squat.

Janell Ross reports, “All told, abortions comprise about 3 percent of all the services Planned Parenthood provides, according to the organization’s own data.” The key phrase in this and all other reports on this is “according to the organization’s own data.” Reporters tend to look no further than Planned Parenthood’s own assurances.

It is fairly easy to look behind the claim, however, and do it using “the organization’s own data.” Planned Parenthood arrives at this percentage by dividing 330,000 annual abortions into 11,000,000 annual “services.” All “services” are therefore equal.

Planned Parenthood’s Great Big Enormous 3% Lie

Planned Parenthood has been saying--over and over--that they are chiefly a "women's health" clinic (with just a small percentage of services being abortions) that is not for profit and uses completely safe and above-board practices during abortions. Those lies came crashing down today in a congressional hearing on Capital Hill.

Today, the head of Planned Parenthood, Cecile Richards, testified before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, as Fox News reports. She was answering questions due to the very incriminating undercover videos that have come out in the last few months.

The first of many lies that were exposed today was Richard's incessant claim that the videos were doctored. However, a forensic analyst testified that the videos "are authentic and show no evidence of manipulation or editing." So, that basically says that everything in all of the horrific videos are true.

But more lies were revealed today. Here are 3 of the biggest ones:

1) Planned Parenthood claims to be a non-profit but isn't really one.

2) Planned Parenthood has claimed abortions are only 3% of their services, but that's been a huge lie. Matt Walsh summarizes: "But the most significant moment came early on when Cecile Richards again confessed to being a dirty rotten liar, admitting that abortion does not account for '3 percent of their business,' as she and her minions have repeatedly claimed...

3) Planned Parenthood allows babies born living to die, although they could have survived.

Lies will always come to the surface. It is sad that the horrific things we have been hearing about Planned Parenthood are true. But the truth needs to come out so that the American people can see the light and spare these atrocities from happening to more babies.

BREAKING: Planned Parenthood's Top 3 Lies Exposed Today In Hearing

The fact that even the MSM sees through this BS makes it pretty obvious that someting is going on...

In a rare spark of abortion-related media integrity, one major news outlet has schooled Planned Parenthood supporters on the mythical nature of their claim that abortion only comprises 3% of the organization’s “health services.” This made-up statistic has been unscrupulously hurled in every direction by Planned Parenthood and friends in their furious attempt to downplay the horrifying content of undercover videos that have tarnished Planned Parenthood’s pretty pink façade since mid-July.

In a Fact Checker piece entitled, “For Planned Parenthood abortion stats, ‘3 percent’ and ‘94 percent’ are both misleading,” the Washington Post gave Planned Parenthood three out of four possible “Pinocchios” for their lie. In other words, WaPo found Planned Parenthood’s 3% claim to consist of “significant factual error and/or obvious contradictions.”

Pro-Lifers have long contested the integrity of this statistic, but not until now have mainstream media and abortion sympathizers alike acknowledged the veracity of our contention. Conservative-leaning Breitbart took no pains to mask their opinion of the 3% myth, entitling their August 5 debunking piece, “Planned Parenthood’s Great Big Enormous 3% Lie.”

Long story short, Planned Parenthood arrives at the wildly underwhelming 3% figure by unbundling their services. So if a woman goes to Planned Parenthood and receives five condoms, a pregnancy test, a pill pack, a pap smear, and a blood test, the organization would tally the total number of “health services” provided at nine. An abortion procedure, likewise, counts as one health service. Thus, in Planned Parenthood’s creative method of bookkeeping, a condom and an abortion have the same import. The Washington Post doesn’t buy this overtly self-serving gimmick:

The 3 percent figure that Planned Parenthood uses is misleading, comparing abortion services to every other service that it provides. The organization treats each service — pregnancy test, STD test, abortion, birth control — equally. Yet there are obvious difference between a surgical (or even medical) abortion, and offering a urine (or even blood) pregnancy test. These services are not all comparable in how much they cost or how extensive the service or procedure is.

Even the mainstream media can see through Planned Parenthood's myth that abortions are only 3% of their "services"

The 3 percent figure is an artifice and a dodge, but even taking it on its own terms, it’s not much of a defense. Only Planned Parenthood would think saying that they only kill babies 3 percent of the time is something to brag about. How much credit would we give someone for saying he only drives drunk 3 percent of the time, or only cheats on business trips 3 percent of the time, or only hits his wife during 3 percent of domestic disputes?

The 3 percent factoid is crafted to obscure the reality of Planned Parenthood’s business. The group performs about 330,000 abortions a year, or roughly 30 percent of all the abortions in the country. By its own accounting in its 2013–2014 annual report, it provides about as many abortions as Pap tests (380,000). The group does more breast exams and provides more breast-care services (490,000), but not by that much.

The 3 percent figure is derived by counting abortion as just another service like much less consequential services. So abortion is considered a service no different than a pregnancy test (1.1 million), even though a box with two pregnancy tests can be procured from the local drugstore for less than $10.

Planned Parenthood's Pathetic "3 Percent" Lie

edit on 29-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

a reply to: Khaleesi

I believe you have to be referred to a radiology office for a mammogram. You can't just walk in and say give me a mammogram. You have to submit paperwork signed by a doctor, saying whether you just need an annual screening mammogram, or if you need some kind of special ultra sound or 3d imaging due to a suspicious lump found by the doctor during the breast exam.

I'm just answering a question. Don't kill the messenger. Oh, BTW I'm an x-ray tech. I know exactly what is required since I used to do them.

Then you know that those people who said that defunding PP would remove patients' access to mammograms are absolutely correct.

No, defunding PP would not remove patient access to mammograms, since PP does not provide that service.

Not to mention the evil GOP bill would send all that PP money to the other women's care clinics who outnumber PP 20:1, nationwide.

Women would still get their condoms, birth control and mammograms.

And if the GOP takes the tax dollars away from PP, it shouldn't affect abortions because those don't use tax dollars, right?

So please tell me libs, what exactly is the problem?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I bet they cook the books.

And Congress (mostly "D"s) has been compromised by the "donations" and lobbying.

Nice try just the same.

The "3%" thing is a red herring.

How would you like to put the Koch brothers under the same examination, imagine they are far more dirty for cooking the books, than PP.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Seriously, you quote three right wing nut job websites, and a right wing asshat writing on op-ed on a somewhat mainstream site, and that is evidence for you. Hopefully you are not an attorney, otherwise your clients are hosed.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: Khaleesi

I believe you have to be referred to a radiology office for a mammogram. You can't just walk in and say give me a mammogram. You have to submit paperwork signed by a doctor, saying whether you just need an annual screening mammogram, or if you need some kind of special ultra sound or 3d imaging due to a suspicious lump found by the doctor during the breast exam.

I'm just answering a question. Don't kill the messenger. Oh, BTW I'm an x-ray tech. I know exactly what is required since I used to do them.

Then you know that those people who said that defunding PP would remove patients' access to mammograms are absolutely correct.

No, defunding PP would not remove patient access to mammograms, since PP does not provide that service.

Not to mention the evil GOP bill would send all that PP money to the other women's care clinics who outnumber PP 20:1, nationwide.

Women would still get their condoms, birth control and mammograms.

And if the GOP takes the tax dollars away from PP, it shouldn't affect abortions because those don't use tax dollars, right?

So please tell me libs, what exactly is the problem?

My problem is, that from your past posts, I have to assume you are male. If that is the case, you will never need an abortion, so why are you worried about others requesting them? You, like the rest of your ilk, want to control others, while telling people, keep your hands off of my freedoms.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join