It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cecile Richards admits that 86% of Planned Parenthood’s (non-government revenue) is from abortions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well when the OP wants to make a thread without even watching the interview in which the thread title is referencing, it is a pretty good way to get knee jerk reactions.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: kaylaluv

a reply to: Khaleesi

I believe you have to be referred to a radiology office for a mammogram. You can't just walk in and say give me a mammogram. You have to submit paperwork signed by a doctor, saying whether you just need an annual screening mammogram, or if you need some kind of special ultra sound or 3d imaging due to a suspicious lump found by the doctor during the breast exam.

I'm just answering a question. Don't kill the messenger. Oh, BTW I'm an x-ray tech. I know exactly what is required since I used to do them.

Then you know that those people who said that defunding PP would remove patients' access to mammograms are absolutely correct.

No, defunding PP would not remove patient access to mammograms, since PP does not provide that service.

PP does not provide mammograms because the Medicare reimbursement does not cover the costs of it....even regular clinics and hospitals are taking a loss.....here's the article where mammograms are being considered eliminated or reduced due to losses.....
www.cancernetwork.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This makes perfect sense. They actually charge for abortions, which are an expensive medical procedure. Most of their services are low or no cost.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I believe you have to be referred to a radiology office for a mammogram. You can't just walk in and say give me a mammogram. You have to submit paperwork signed by a doctor, saying whether you just need an annual screening mammogram, or if you need some kind of special ultra sound or 3d imaging due to a suspicious lump found by the doctor during the breast exam.

I'm just answering a question. Don't kill the messenger. Oh, BTW I'm an x-ray tech. I know exactly what is required since I used to do them.

Then you know that those people who said that defunding PP would remove patients' access to mammograms are absolutely correct.

No, defunding PP would not remove patient access to mammograms, since PP does not provide that service.

No doctor referral, no mammogram. For many women in poverty, a PP doctor is the only one they're able to see. Take that away from them, and they will not be able to get a mammogram.

Local health departments see patients for free. Doctors are available to put those requests in for the patients. Funding or lack thereof for PP has no impact on mammograms.

I'm not even sure what a "local health department" is. You mean a low-cost clinic? There are places where a Planned Parenthood clinic is the only low-cost clinic nearby. If a woman has to get to someplace that requires a car (which she may not have), she may not get there.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

PP does not provide mammograms because the Medicare reimbursement does not cover the costs of it....even regular clinics and hospitals are taking a loss.....here's the article where mammograms are being considered eliminated or reduced due to losses.....
www.cancernetwork.com...

Thanks. I'll check that out. I think mentioning mammograms on either side of this issue is just a red herring. If PP doesn't provide that service, people shouldn't claim that women will lose that service. People that know this should just point that out and move on since it isn't germane to the issue of actual services being provided.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
Oh boy it's math time boys and girls.

Ok so value A (Planned Parenthood's Revenue) found here Planned parenthood Revenue $184.7 million

Value B (cost of abortion) found here cost of abortion in the US about $470.00

Now we just learned Value C the 86% revenue from the linked topics above.

Using what we have (A - 86%) /C = 55,017.02

86% of non government revenue.

www.plannedparenthood.org...

Check out page 23 which gives their revenues. You're looking at a value that's 86% of 23% of their revenues or about 20% total. Considering it's one of the few things they charge for, much less charge a lot of money for it makes complete sense.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

No doctor referral, no mammogram. For many women in poverty, a PP doctor is the only one they're able to see. Take that away from them, and they will not be able to get a mammogram.

Local health departments see patients for free. Doctors are available to put those requests in for the patients. Funding or lack thereof for PP has no impact on mammograms.

I'm not even sure what a "local health department" is. You mean a low-cost clinic? There are places where a Planned Parenthood clinic is the only low-cost clinic nearby. If a woman has to get to someplace that requires a car (which she may not have), she may not get there.

No, I do not mean a low cost clinic. Here is a link:

www.healthguideusa.org...

with a listing of every health department in the US. They provide services based on income. Many services are free for low income people.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Who cares if 100% of the $ comes from abortions?

We're not short on people, we are not endangered.

There are no Predators coming to hunt us down.

Relax about abortion; until you're able to have one just mind your mouth and when you can have one, then don't as that will REALLY show us how SO against abortion you really are.

Derek

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Have you watched what is purported to be the raw footage? It doesn't sound like you have.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That's misleading. It could be anywhere from 20% - 50%, if you're being honest. I think things could get really interesting if they actually had to open their books.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

with a listing of every health department in the US. They provide services based on income. Many services are free for low income people.

I dont know if you are male or female, im guessing with your name youre female......if so, THANK YOU for being a voice of common sense on womens issues

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy
Who cares if 100% of the $ comes from abortions?

We're not short on people, we are not endangered.

There are no Predators coming to hunt us down.

Relax about abortion; until you're able to have one just mind your mouth and when you can have one, then don't as that will REALLY show us how SO against abortion you really are.

Derek

yes lets ignore butchering of children until someone has actually had a child?

I suppose we should have ignored the butchering of jews too.........

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, more than half of their revenue comes from abortions. They are an abortion clinic who also passes out free condoms.

This is FALSE. They do much more than provide abortions and free condoms.

womensissues.about.com...

you know, kaylaluv.....women, young and old, need to get fierce and nasty, with these Neanderthal republicans....it's your bodies they want control over, and I think you need to get militant about this, just like the women did back in the 60's....by the way for reference, these fights were the same as were used back then.....in other words, you've already got a decent playbook, and, some women warhorses that went through this crap are still alive and kicking, and, some of them probably would love nothing better to go out and kick some conservative ass.

Ya 'get' nasty.

And TOTALLY IGNORE the FACTS.

EMTLA exists.

MEDCAID exists.

And the ACA exists.

ALL created to help poor people with their medical coverage.

But how anyone dare point out how superfluous PP is.

Get nasty, and IGNORE REALITY.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I can't help but offer some evidence of the fact that if planned parenthood were defunded, there are thousands more low income options for women and much closer than most planned parenthood clinics.

For those not afraid of the facts read this article

According to data collected by the two groups, there are currently 13,540 clinics providing comprehensive health care for women, versus 665 Planned Parenthood locations.

Community health centers primarily exist to provide comprehensive care to millions of uninsured, working poor and jobless Americans.

If Planned Parenthood’s federal funding “went away tomorrow,” Mattox argues, the money “would be better used by community health centers and other places around the country that can provide a fuller range of services to women without the ethical challenges that Planned Parenthood presents.”

Our tax dollars can be spend helping women and not funding the harvesting of baby parts. I don't see any reason to continue to fund this eugenics organization.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Does that mean we just get to twist facts?

You really think abortions are just going to go away if PP gets defunded?

You think those other clinics won't just start doing them as well and do the same fetal research?

What is the benefit of getting rid of PP?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
the republicans back in 2011 tried to insert into a bill that would make abortion illegal to preform, even if the mother would die from the pregnancy...100 of republican house members signed on to it......so, does anyone think they will not try this again?.....here's the bill........www.prochoiceamerica.org... that was 2011, just think what they might try now, or if they elect a republican for president.....you very own life might depend on it

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I was curious why I had never heard of one of these before, then I went to the link. Only 46 counties in Ohio have them, considering there's 88 counties that explains things. Then I checked Nevada, only 4 of 13 counties have access. Then I looked at New York and 42 out of 62 counties had access. In Mississippi only 2 out of 82 counties were listed.

These health clinics don't sound very accessible.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: Aazadan

That's misleading. It could be anywhere from 20% - 50%, if you're being honest. I think things could get really interesting if they actually had to open their books.

It doesn't make a difference. They charge for it where as they don't charge for most services so of course it's going to make up a high percentage of non government revenues.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Does that mean we just get to twist facts?

You really think abortions are just going to go away if PP gets defunded?

You think those other clinics won't just start doing them as well and do the same fetal research?

What is the benefit of getting rid of PP?

Nope I sure dont, but I do believe that stopping the Butchering of babies should be brought to a halt......

Abortion is one thing, turning the place into Meat Shop ran by Hannibal Lecter is another

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What if you make just enough to not qualify?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join