It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cecile Richards admits that 86% of Planned Parenthood’s (non-government revenue) is from abortions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: Krazysh0t

NO, they did not film anything illegal. Just like it's against the law to sell drugs, simply talking about doing so isn't a crime. It does, however, warrant an investigation. Are you blind to that?

They didn't talk about doing anything illegal either. The only reason that Coalfire Systems was able to determine what the edited parts of the "unedited" videos were was because CMP commissioned the investigation, so they were able to hand over the raw footage. The report released by Fusion GPS was commissioned by Planned Parenthood, who DIDN'T have the raw footage, so they weren't able to say what the gaps in the unedited videos were; only that there were gaps.

Other than that difference, there is nothing in the Coalfire Systems report that confirms CMP's claims of illegal activity. Like I said, read the report. Don't just read the conservative news article that talks about it. I DID read the report.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok then we are on the same page lol.

Kinda wondering where the focus on the mammograms is coming from as well.

IIRC the subject of mammograms is being brought up because people were claiming (incorrectly according to this information) that PP was pretty much all inclusive in female health care. It has been stated that women that relied on PP would go without mammograms if PP was defunded. Obviously those people were incorrect. That is what I recall being bandied about in some rather heated discussions.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

Is your playing basketball providing a needed service to anyone? I didn't think so. Irrelevant.

To say that Planned Parenthood only provides abortions and free condoms is a lie. They provide many valuable services to women in need. By far, the largest number of services they provide has nothing to do with abortions.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I believe you have to be referred to a radiology office for a mammogram. You can't just walk in and say give me a mammogram. You have to submit paperwork signed by a doctor, saying whether you just need an annual screening mammogram, or if you need some kind of special ultra sound or 3d imaging due to a suspicious lump found by the doctor during the breast exam.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, more than half of their revenue comes from abortions. They are an abortion clinic who also passes out free condoms.

This is FALSE. They do much more than provide abortions and free condoms.

womensissues.about.com...

you know, kaylaluv.....women, young and old, need to get fierce and nasty, with these Neanderthal republicans....it's your bodies they want control over, and I think you need to get militant about this, just like the women did back in the 60's....by the way for reference, these fights were the same as were used back then.....in other words, you've already got a decent playbook, and, some women warhorses that went through this crap are still alive and kicking, and, some of them probably would love nothing better to go out and kick some conservative ass.
edit on 29-9-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Huh I don't recall people being as specific.

As in not singling out mammograms as the sole reason they shouldn't be defended as they provide so much more outside of that.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Calm down dude no need to yell at me. Jeez

In all seriousness though I think it's interesting when people use the "It's legal so it's right" argument

There's so much misinformation floating around about this topic and everyones facts are the only real facts so it's impossible to get anywhere. ATS should honestly just have a forum for the PP scandal where all those who want to yell into a crowded room can do so. I for one am done participating in these threads as no one ever has an epiphany and changes their minds on the issue.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

Calm down dude no need to yell at me. Jeez

In all seriousness though I think it's interesting when people use the "It's legal so it's right" argument

There's so much misinformation floating around about this topic and everyones facts are the only real facts so it's impossible to get anywhere. ATS should honestly just have a forum for the PP scandal where all those who want to yell into a crowded room can do so. I for one am done participating in these threads as no one ever has an epiphany and changes their minds on the issue.

maybe because all these arguments against abortion were already hashed out along time ago, even the Hyde amendment of 1976 which said that no federal monies can be used for abortions, is 40 years old. the "misinformation and confusion" is strictly orchestrated by the far right

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sure dude. Seems like you've got it all figured out.

Those evil Republicans.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

Sure dude. Seems like you've got it all figured out.

Those evil Republicans.

They certainly ARE the bad guys in this debate. They latched onto obviously sensationalized and edited videos that don't say what they are claimed to say all to attack abortion through Planned Parenthood. How often does a Planned Parenthood debate shift to the morality of abortion and the various procedures surrounding it which are all legal? It's pretty much guaranteed, but that isn't what the debate is supposed to be about. It's supposed to be about PP breaking the law, but everyone (including conservatives and Republican lawmakers) all know that those videos don't really show that at all, so there is a constant shift of focus to the morality discussion.
edit on 29-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I believe you have to be referred to a radiology office for a mammogram. You can't just walk in and say give me a mammogram. You have to submit paperwork signed by a doctor, saying whether you just need an annual screening mammogram, or if you need some kind of special ultra sound or 3d imaging due to a suspicious lump found by the doctor during the breast exam.

I'm just answering a question. Don't kill the messenger. Oh, BTW I'm an x-ray tech. I know exactly what is required since I used to do them.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

well said Krazy....and you wait till Boehner steps down, the republican attack dogs in the house and senate are going to go for the juggler in a lot of different areas....I think the old adage "you haven't seen nothing yet"....is going to manifest itself sooner rather than later.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Huh I don't recall people being as specific.

As in not singling out mammograms as the sole reason they shouldn't be defended as they provide so much more outside of that.

I'm just putting the information of what I recall out there. I don't have an informed opinion on whether PP should be funded or defunded since I have no working knowledge of their services. I only know what I see or read in the news. Since I believe almost all news we, the public receive is spun one way or the other, I have decided to wait and see if any real information is brought forward.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I'm just answering a question. Don't kill the messenger. Oh, BTW I'm an x-ray tech. I know exactly what is required since I used to do them.

Then you know that those people who said that defunding PP would remove patients' access to mammograms are absolutely correct.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Then you know that those people who said that defunding PP would remove patients' access to mammograms are absolutely correct.

No, defunding PP would not remove patient access to mammograms, since PP does not provide that service.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No, defunding PP would not remove patient access to mammograms, since PP does not provide that service.

No doctor referral, no mammogram. For many women in poverty, a PP doctor is the only one they're able to see. Take that away from them, and they will not be able to get a mammogram.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

That is CORRECT!

At the second presidential debate, President Barack Obama said that women “rely on” Planned Parenthood for mammograms. Actually, mammograms are not performed at the clinics; Planned Parenthood doctors and nurses conduct breast exams and refer patients to other facilities for mammograms. Individual clinics sometimes provide more than referrals, arranging for mobile mammography vans.

Obama said: “When Governor Romney says that we should eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood, there are millions of women all across the country who rely on Planned Parenthood for not just contraceptive care. They rely on it for mammograms, for cervical cancer screenings.”

Obama used a similar line again on Oct. 18, telling a Manchester, N.H., crowd: “Governor Romney said he’d end funding for Planned Parenthood, despite all the work it does to provide women with mammograms and breast cancer screenings.”

Planned Parenthood and Mammograms

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No doctor referral, no mammogram. For many women in poverty, a PP doctor is the only one they're able to see. Take that away from them, and they will not be able to get a mammogram.

Local health departments see patients for free. Doctors are available to put those requests in for the patients. Funding or lack thereof for PP has no impact on mammograms.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So are we going to throw the baby out with the bathwater here?

Fine PP doesn't do mammograms, does that some how invalidate everything else they do?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Did I miss my chance to join in on the outrage, lets-take-it-out-of-context circle jerk? Did people not wait to get the facts before they rushed to judgement?

Sadly, many did not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join