It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cecile Richards admits that 86% of Planned Parenthood’s (non-government revenue) is from abortions

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The "3%" thing is a red herring.

But people are gullible and the MSM knows that.

It reminds me of that meme where the sheep are saying: the man and the dog are definitely working together...

Only in this case it's the MSM and PP that are working together.

Even adding in all the other things Planned Parenthood does will not get you to the “abortion is only 3%” lie. PP engineered that figure to obscure how committed they are to killing babies; they perform 30% of all abortions in this country.

polination.wordpress.com...

But what sickens me the most is that all of this information is readily available and the mainstream media STILL can’t be bothered to cover it (unless they’re talking about how awful it is that their favorite little snowflakes are being attacked). And Congress STILL won’t defund Planned Parenthood, either.

All we can do is keep talking about this and keep sharing it and keep ferreting out the truth until the lies finally collapse on themselves and Planned Parenthood is forced to admit that they’re a heinous baby-murdering factory that doesn’t give a crap about women unless they’ve got money and fetal tissue to harvest. Sometimes, I can be pretty disappointed that LIAR’S pants don’t really catch on fire. This is one of those times.

LIES! This DESTROYS Planned Parenthood's Absurd Three-Percent Abortion Claim

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Seriously, you quote three right wing nut job websites, and a right wing asshat writing on op-ed on a somewhat mainstream site, and that is evidence for you. Hopefully you are not an attorney, otherwise your clients are hosed.

So the CEO of PP herself has admitted to making this crap up and you STILL believe it?

I hate to be the one to say it, but that username of yours is looking mighty appropriate right about now...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: theantediluvian

One would have be about as gullible as the girl in the State Farm commercial to actually believe that hooey..

Only if I based my whole existence on a book written two thousand+ years ago by illiterate camel herders.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I bet they cook the books.

Baseless accusations of bookkeeping impropriety aren't evidence of anything?

And Congress (mostly "D"s) has been compromised by the "donations" and lobbying.

Nice try just the same.

Congress, (mostly "R"s) has been compromised by the "donations" and lobbying of the Koch brothers. You're not complaining about their subsidization but some of that extra profit ultimately enables them to corrupt not only Congress, but our entire election system and fund global warming denialism to corrupt the minds of millions.

Planned Parenthood

Lobbying expenditures for 2015:

Total Lobbying Expenditures: $546,980
Subtotal for Parent Planned Parenthood: $291,859
Subtotal for Subsidiary Intl Planned Parenthood Federation: $160,000
Subtotal for Subsidiary Planned Parenthood of California: $60,000
Subtotal for Subsidiary Planned Parenthood Action Fund: $35,121

Koch Industries
Total Lobbying Expenditures: $5,540,000
Subtotal for Subsidiary Koch Industries Public Sector: $5,540,000
Subtotal for Subsidiary INVISTA: $0

Just Koch Industries has outspent them 11:1 this year. That's nothing, in 2008 it was 20:1 ($20,023,000 to $1,086,246).

So if you're going to be consistent about your concern for how compromised Congress is, you should be 11-20x more outraged about that?

The "86% thing" in this case really is a red herring. What do you think it proves? Please, sum it up in a sentence or two. To me it just sounds like right-wingers are relying on conflation and stupidity in their attempt to make something out of nothing.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Seriously, you quote three right wing nut job websites, and a right wing asshat writing on op-ed on a somewhat mainstream site, and that is evidence for you. Hopefully you are not an attorney, otherwise your clients are hosed.

So the CEO of PP herself has admitted to making this crap up and you STILL believe it?

I hate to be the one to say it, but that username of yours is looking mighty appropriate right about now...

Seriously, you quote nothing but right wing nut job web sites, and you are going to take a stab at my user name. Just F'n amazing, you really should try to read multiple sources to get your news, that right wing crap will rot at least half your brain, as will the left wing crap. When your brain is totally rotted, only then can you actually think for yourself, and lose your imaginary friend in the sky, that will help you actually see things much more clearly.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

2 members so far referring to the Koch Brothers.

LOL x 10

PP is cook'n the books.

And I further say they take cash and pay cash "off the books".

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The bigger the posts, the more I'm convinced.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

hey at least their clients aren't slipping the cash under a table in the local library like a certain counselor who a mother had to meet with and hear religious dogma week after week to get her kids back!!!

planned parenthood is cooking the books??

okay then I guess we just do away with auditing anyone because planned parenthood has had their books open for the auditors more than most companies and organizations and really, not much has ever been found!!! obviously those auditors don't know jack when it comes to accounting!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Well duh, 86% of NON-GOV'T revenues. Since medicaid doesn't pay for abortions, but does pay for pap smears, cervical biopsies, STD testing, etc, it would stand to reason that a larger portion would fall under that category.

Very few congressmen/women are stupid enough to fall for the kind of nonsense they're spouting. They manipulate the ignorant masses with nonsense statistics against what they see as an easy target, because they want votes, and it works on the gullible.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The bigger the posts, the more I'm convinced.

You might want to tell your other right wing buddy that, he loves to post huge posts.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Confessed to what? You posted an excerpt of some opinions from a far right blog and claim she confessed to something? Can you please post exactly what it is that she confessed to? Quotes would be helpful. What you're doing in that post is basically no different than me saying "Murgatroid just CONFESSED that he has no grasp of the situation" even though you didn't confess any such thing.

Why shouldn't a Pap smear or an STD test count as separate services because they can be performed in the same visit? How about a vasectomy? Tubal ligation? The counting individual condom things is hyperbole and the fact checkers at Washington Post should really fact check their own article. Condoms aren't even listed as a service in their annual reports. In fact, if you look under the contraception heading, they don't list condoms at all. They list the following:

Contraception

Reversible Contraception Clients, Women 2,131,865
Emergency Contraception Kits 1,440,495
Female Sterilization Procedures 822
Vasectomy Clients 4,166

Reversible contraception clients (IUDs) and Emergency Contraception Kits (generally "morning after pills"). I wonder how many unwanted pregnancies were prevented with just those? Now add in all the condoms they've given out and tell me who has prevented more abortions in this country HONESTLY?

Planned Parenthood or the entirety of the anti-abortion movement?

link   
My issue now, since I heard they pay Richards who heads PP over 500 grand a year, is that obscene salary!

That’s absurd and obscene to pay that woman that much money for that job for what may amount to being a glorified clinic

link   
a reply to: dogstar23
and many of those medicaid services are being subsidized by that those non-government funds because medicaid doesn't pay for all the costs of delivering them, which is why so many clinics and such don't want to take new medicaid patients.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
My issue now, since I heard they pay Richards who heads PP over 500 grand a year, is that obscene salary!

That’s absurd and obscene to pay that woman that much money for that job for what may amount to being a glorified clinic

This has been my problem with non profits for many years, but for an organization so large, she is underpaid. Check the red cross, susan g. komen, and some of the others. sarcasm I would guess that the low pay scale is because she is a woman /sarcasm

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

gee, I don't know, just how much money did the ceos of the big banks get paid again to drive this country off the financial cliff??? how much money did they get in bail outs?
how much gov't funding is going to subsidize people's healthcare insurance....ever look into just how much the CEO's of those companies get?

why is it when the liberals point out the salaries of these big shots which is really much larger than what planned parenthood is paying this lady, we are told that we shouldn't care about what other people are making, we're envious, and blah, blah? when they bailed out the banks, weren't we told that the gov't shouldn't have any say about how much their upper management got paid, or about their extravagant parties, ect?

link   

I'm just pointing out that while you're casting baseless aspersions at PP, a non-profit, you've got a long history of championing a privately owned company, Koch Industries, and the reality is that the latter does what you're accusing the former of on a scale that is orders of magnitude greater.

To put it in right-wing politically correct lingo: Why do the Kochs get a pass?

I wouldn't have used the example of the Koch Industries (Koch Bros) for just anyone!

link   

I'm just pointing out that while you're casting baseless aspersions at PP, a non-profit, you've got a long history of championing a privately owned company, Koch Industries, and the reality is that the latter does what you're accusing the former of on a scale that is orders of magnitude greater.

To put it in right-wing politically correct lingo: Why do the Kochs get a pass?

I wouldn't have used the example of the Koch Industries (Koch Bros) for just anyone!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Their all grossly overpaid.

The POTUS only makes 400 thousand.
So this lady who runs a welfare clinic is worth 500 plus a year?

give me a break!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

PP accounting methods remind me of Enron and their shamed accounting firm.

Enron scandal

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree with you on the freedom part, but is there a magical line as soon as a baby comes out of the vagina, or a specific second, minute, hour that a fetus becomes a life while in the womb?

As a Libertarian I personally feel making that distinction is impossible, and personally abortion violates the basic premise of the non-aggression principle.
edit on 29-9-2015 by SonOfThor because: spelling (stupid phone)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join