It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quick Thought Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Let's try a quick thought experiment shall we?

Take a moment and visualize who you are. What is the first thing that pops into your head? Your body and what you look like I assume, but is that who you truly are?

What is it that allows you to see your body in the first place? Your eyes, yes? What is it that your eyes form? An image of light. The image of light you see is who you are, a viewpoint within the world. That is the thing that comes before your body, your body is only an extension of that image of light that you see.

Let's take that concept one step further and apply it to others outside of yourself. Let's imagine that you and a friend are standing side by side in front of a mirror. What is it that both of you see? Your bodies standing side by side in the mirror, correct? What is the difference between you and your friend in that instant of seeing yourselves within the mirror? Are you both not seeing the same thing? Are you both not images of light looking at the same picture?

With that concept in mind, what if we are all the same on the inside, all the same "thing" looking at the world from slightly different perspectives? We are all images of light looking at the world aren't we? When we put aside what our bodies look like and the thoughts we are having, we are all fundamentally the same. We all come from the same place and we are all part of the same system that we call the universe.

Whenever you look at someone walking by on the street, realize that they are the same as you, an image of light walking down the street. If you are at a concert, every single person there is seeing the same thing as you are, they are seeing an image of light that reveals the world around them just as you are. The other night during the blood moon, millions of people were looking up at the same moon from the same planet with the same image of light as you.

The New Age concept of everything being one? It's not as new as some may think, it's older than human history. That oneness lies within the image of light that we all see and are all a part of. It is the light of life and eternal life. Every baby that is born is a continuation of that light, and we are all that light. Life after death is not that far from where you are right now, a baby being born is proof that life continues after death because birth continues even as people die. We are the continuation of the light that has always been, we are not separate from that light. If the light continues, so do we.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Do my friend and I have our clothes on? I just want the most complete picture I can get.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Yes, lol. Unless you don't want to be wearing clothes.

edit on 9/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Were not all the same on the inside. I have bronchitis do you?(the micro universe in my body contains different lifeforms than yours) also i'm black so i might be more similar to an ape on the inside the a different ethnicity
Also Who's the we you speak of pretty sure the human race could go extinct. unless your talking about all life micro and macro. Also some lifeforms thrive in complete darkness no photons what so ever.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
sorry but im kinda high.... but is that light real or is it artificial, like a light bulb or is it not light and just energy? sorta like fire? fire makes light right and the sun is just a big fire right? no lights is inside my body do how can this dumb bronchitis virus or bacteria or whatever survive?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OmniscientAwareness

The inside of your body is still your body. I'm not talking about your body, I'm talking about something else, something your body houses. Your spirit is immaterial, it is the same spirit that is within all living things. The light is natural, you see it right now as you read this.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
No. As it turns out, nobody is seeing the same thing I am, because only I am looking out at the world through my eyes, and even the tiniest change in perspective is going to make a big difference.

We are not all one. We are all individuals, but that's not the same as having the same point of view. We are all alone.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If we were all one, no one would think or act any differently than anyone else. But since we all have individual life experiences and souls, personalities and minds, we are all unique. I and my friend may look like we are identical souls, but she and I are still going to "view" or "think" of one another in perfectly unique ways.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So what do you think of Jesus wishing we were all one as he was one? If that happens only when you get to heaven, does that mean no one would be different in any way?

Even Paul said we all share the one body. What do you think he meant by that?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We are all equal in God's eyes, but that does not mean we are all the same person. There is no need to be equal if we are all the same one.
edit on 29-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Jesus doesn't use the word equal, he uses the word one. He uses the word "one" as in us being within him and him being within us and us being within one another. He asks that we be brought to complete unity.

We all share the one body who is Jesus, the image of God and light of the world. Can you relate Jesus as the image of God and light of the world to what you see right now? I can, I have been brought to complete unity. My eye is single and my body is full of light because the image I see is single and makes my body full of light.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There is no body, there is no thought experiment, no no body no no thought experiment, no reply, no response.
No gaining, no letting go. No higher, no lower. No answer, no non answer, no question, no non question. and the naught and not naught of all naughts and not naughts and not not not naughts and...

edit on 29-9-2015 by cryptic0void because: be

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Let's try a quick thought experiment shall we?.

Enlightenment = unconditional Love!
The Universality of the One Self is experienced!
Being unconditional, it cannot be conceptualized by conditional thoughts/imagination/ego!
To be Known, it must be experienced.
If not experienced (ignorant) it is denied/dismissed.
(As here)
'Logic' exists in the imagination, conditional.
Few intellects are sufficient, anymore, to reach the pinnacle of Jnana yoga, the yoga of the philosophers, Enlightenment/unconditional Love.
That point where philosophy must be discarded (like everything else) to get through that door at the bottom of the rabbit hole of the imagination.

Long ago science admitted defeat in their attempt to exactly define the exact point where anything actually leaves off, and another begins!
you'd think that, in itself, would 'nudge' us into some fruitful contemplation!
It did me. *__-

new topics

top topics

join