It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Martian & NASA's water announcement, connection?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hollywood likes to get a topic out into the public psyche, this time it's something interesting and real, not more animated cartoon movies which have becomes the biggest money makers
now they can do a follow up to the Mars trip and do one on Venus, that should be interesting considering its supposed to be hotter than all heck there (except Mercury of course which must be hottest of all planets)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

now they can do a follow up to the Mars trip and do one on Venus, that should be interesting considering its supposed to be hotter than all heck there (except Mercury of course which must be hottest of all planets)

I think Venus is hotter with having an atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Some of us have known about it for years. for some this was obviously caused by liquid water.

And what about all the other things we pointed out , Do I still hear rocks????

I say where there is water there's fire...

edit on 0b31America/ChicagoTue, 29 Sep 2015 15:28:31 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 29 Sep 2015 15:28:31 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thank you.

I knew the connection had to be fairly deep, and it really makes sense.

I mean, we all knew that eventually we would send people to Mars, but it may happen a lot sooner than we all thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar

I was reading that Ridley Scott claims he knew about the water on Mars months ago, as he was working closely with NASA on the film

That would not be surprising at all and likely possible from what I have seen.

Is it possible that this water reveal and movie are some sort of planned disclosure to test the waters and to see how the humans react?

Pun intended,Lol? If anything the angle I could possibly in a long shot see is the coordination of the announcement of the discovery and the release of the movie during the same time period. As they could both benefit positively from the attention of each other. Unlikely but anything is possible I suppose when it comes to money and free publicity.

edit on 36930America/ChicagoTue, 29 Sep 2015 16:36:08 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I don't disagree , I have long believed there is life beneath the surface likely in cave systems but the rocks are rocks , I don't believe a civilisation had time to start but do think life had started there.

Mars was much more life friendly in the early days so it's possible life started there and transferred here , via rocks not ships.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You'll know there's a real connection when NASA start using Pirate-Ninjas as a unit of measure instead of those stoopid AU's and 'light years' (whatever the hell are!?)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: 0bserver1

I don't disagree , I have long believed there is life beneath the surface likely in cave systems but the rocks are rocks , I don't believe a civilisation had time to start but do think life had started there.

Mars was much more life friendly in the early days so it's possible life started there and transferred here , via rocks not ships.

unless sometime in the past there were real ufo flights between the planets and closer relations until something 'unknown' happened to isolate us from our solar system neighbors

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I agree with MystikMushroom, the book was awesome. I cant wait to see the movie to see how much they butchered it. I'm sure that NASA knew about the water long before the announcement but who cares? They have brought it into the open and I'm glad they have. Who knows what else they have yet to speak about. Maybe they found my Eludium Q36 Space Modulator.......

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar

Good catch.

I had the same feeling with the whole Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner transformation hoopla. What happend shortly after all the media attention and love to Caitlyn Jenner?! Gay marriage was legalized nationwide.

Seems to be an effective way to prime and condition the minds of the people for what's to come.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well there are theories that every Alien based movie is actually a confession by the government disguised as cinema so that people wont panic, mainly MIB, but possibly also with this new movie the Martian.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's al guessing ,but there are objects that have been pointed out that really have striking marks of something serious to talk about. I know we can't judge from only viewing pictures we also need chemical compositions and maybe some other tools to confirm those things.

But if and when NASA going to say that they have found proof of bacterial life on Mars , then I think we are really close to all the other things we've pointed out for years...

It's a small step in the right direction I think

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Some people are contending the idea that the release of the movie at the same time as the announcement of Mars' s water is for keeping the public in agreement with spending billions for further nasa programs like these, something along those line. Kind of like how it's suggested that movies like American Sniper are made for propaganda to keep the publics opinion supportive of war by making it look like were the good guys fighting bad people

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join