It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Obamacare Healthcare Co-op to Close

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
People will forever associate him as a failure regardless of who's at fault. Why? Because his name is in the program name. Super-ego buster! Way to go! Well done!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Mirthful Me
I wouldn't fiddle over this grave too quickly... This is all part of the plan and the fulcrum to leverage single payer...

I would agree with this, spot on.

The transition had to be from a private plan, to a subsidized plan to keep the
insurance companies from belly up. This was arranged, and why they all went
along accordingly.

Sad day it was, we are too far along the way.

I miss that healthcare plan I had, that I could have kept if I had liked it.

All comes from the people saying the government HAS to give you stuff.

Health care
Insurance
welfare support
Retirement

The government does NOT owe you any of these and should keep their hands off all of these.

YOU are personally responsible for providing all of these thing for yourself and your family, NOT the government.

Now if someone wanted to start a non profit organization to provide these for people that temporally could not afford those things, that's great. I've read though the Constitution 1000 times and never found where the government owes anybody these things.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: wantsome

Did Romney's Mass plan have co-ops that were government funded and went broke?

Yes
edit on 30-9-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

If you didn't have money, you had Medicaid.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyonedies
People will forever associate him as a failure regardless of who's at fault. Why? Because his name is in the program name. Super-ego buster! Way to go! Well done!

Obama took a plan that was failing in Massachusetts (and it was, do the research) and forced to go national. We have separate states and separate state governments for a reason. Massachusetts failure didn't have to be the failure of the rest of the nation.

Thanks, Democrats.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not necessarily. Some states are asset based.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
When enough people can't afford the "Affordable" care, the government will step in and go full socialized medicine. It was all part of the plan. The freedom to determine your own health care needs is long gone.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, Obama did say that the road there would be done in increments.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So does this mean we wont get penalized for not having insurance when we file our taxes ?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: adirtball

So does this mean we wont get penalized for not having insurance when we file our taxes ?

Write to your Congressman and the IRS.

Or better yet, call the IRS and wait on hold until next year.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: adirtball

Write to your Congressman and the IRS.

Or better yet, call the IRS and wait on hold until next year.

lol

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There was nothing we could do. We were going to get this capitalist scam no matter whom we voted for.

Romneycare vs Obamacare

How are the laws similar

State-based exchanges – Both laws create exchange authorities charged with operating health insurance marketplaces.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

There is something you can do now....Vote for a candidate who will REPEAL it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm not voting Republican. They are almost polar opposite to me. So are the Democrats. The vote is a joke.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: gentledissident

There is something you can do now....Vote for a candidate who will REPEAL it.

That was suppose to be done when the GOP took the House in 2010.

And Again when the GOP took the SENATE last year.

Its' still around.

The only way the ACA is going to be gotten rid of is when universal health care comes along.

That creates a monopoly. Sold as a 'single payer', but works like everyone using it.Hardly anyone paying for.

In other words just like Medicare,Medicaid.

The state kills off an entire business sector, because (insert nasty name) 'think's the STATE can do better with their health care.

When the STATE is already the largest health care insurer in the country between Medicare,Medicaid, and Tricare.

The stupidity is not gonna go away, and it is going to get infinitely worse.

This country has lost all its sense, and is represented by a bunch of people that when it comes right down to it.

Cares about their own power, and jobs than the 'peoples'.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is exactly why you don't want the government to run anything, anything they touch turns to crap. Surprise Surprise.

Just think of all the people who could have had absolutely FREE insurance with all the money wasted on this joke. Could have left it alone and just put the billions spent into some interest earning account and paid for the, what was the number?, 120 million people with no insurance for years and years into infinity.

I'm sure there were plenty of people tied to these politicians who absolutely cleaned up personally from this disaster.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I cant imagine how this failure can be a surprise to anyone. All the people who warned that this was going to happen were called haters and racists and such.

Where are the apologies?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Today's "Conspiracy Theorists" are tomorrow's Prophets.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

All comes from the people saying the government HAS to give you stuff.

Health care
Insurance
welfare support
Retirement

Ah yes, all of the Hillary Clinton stuff, free stuff.
You are preaching to the choir.

The government does NOT owe you any of these and should keep their hands off all of these.

YOU are personally responsible for providing all of these thing for yourself and your family, NOT the government.

Like I said, I liked my health care plan I had, and should have been
able to keep it. The point was, the Government wants and has
TAKEN AWAY my private health care plan.

edit on 1-10-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Poor people are not getting a darn thing from Obama care, they are still getting Medicaid in the states that is been expanded, the states that didn't they get nothing.

We already has been hit by the obamacrap taxes and the Medicare has been slashed soo much that the elderly are losing most of the benefits they once had before the government took it away, the last wave of Obama crap taxes will be heading our way in 2017 and 18 let no forget the years to come, that is when Obama crap will go down the hill as the insurance companies gouging will be the worst, for those that can be gouged due to their income status and easily to be tracked by the IRS, that is most of the working class in the nation as the poor do not pay taxes and do not make the requirements for Obama crap.

Full List of Obamacare Tax Hikes: Listed by Size of Tax Hike

$123 Billion: Surtax on Investment Income (Takes effect Jan. 2013): A new, 3.8 percent surtax on investment income earned in households making at least $250,000 ($200,000 single). This would result in the following top tax rates on investment income:

$86 Billion: Hike in Medicare Payroll Tax (Takes effect Jan. 2013): Current law and changes:

$65 Billion: Individual Mandate Excise Tax and Employer Mandate Tax (Both taxes take effect Jan. 2014):

$60.1 Billion: Tax on Health Insurers (Takes effect Jan. 2014): Annual tax on the industry imposed relative to health insurance premiums collected that year. Phases in gradually until 2018.

$32 Billion: Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans (Takes effect Jan. 2018): Starting in 2018, new 40 percent excise tax on “Cadillac” health insurance plans ($10,200 single/$27,500 family).

$23.6 Billion: “Black liquor” tax hike (Took effect in 2010) This is a tax increase on a type of bio-fuel.

$22.2 Billion: Tax on Innovator Drug Companies (Took effect in 2010): $2.3 billion annual tax on the industry imposed relative to share of sales made that year.

$20 Billion: Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers (Takes effect Jan. 2013): Medical device manufacturers employ 360,000 people in 6000 plants across the country. This law imposes a new 2.3% excise tax.

$15.2 Billion: High Medical Bills Tax (Takes effect Jan 1. 2013):

$13.2 Billion: Flexible Spending Account Cap – aka “Special Needs Kids Tax” (Takes effect Jan. 2013):

$5 Billion: Medicine Cabinet Tax (Took effect Jan. 2011)

$4.5 Billion: Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D (Takes effect Jan. 2013)

$4.5 Billion: Codification of the “economic substance doctrine” (Took effect in 2010):

$2.7 Billion: Tax on Indoor Tanning Services (Took effect July 1, 2010):

$1.4 Billion: HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike (Took effect Jan. 2011):

$0.6 Billion: $500,000 Annual Executive Compensation Limit for Health Insurance Executives (Takes effect Jan. 2013):

$0.4 Billion: Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike (Took effect in 2010):

$ Negligible: Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals (Took effect in 2010): $50,000 per hospital if they fail to meet new "community health assessment needs,"

Like usual the working class will be left to deal with all the tax hikes while the so call poor still will not get into the Obamacrap bandwagon, businesses will pass the cost of the new taxes to the working class along with the hikes that we already have seen in the insurance premiums[

www.atr.org...

How do you like your obamacrap.

edit on 1-10-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join