It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a euthanasia pill now please?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He understands the situation but is not happy with it mostly because he feels like a burden on the family.
He would gladly end his life if he could.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yes, in Britain we had what was called "The Liverpool Pathway". That was all it was, with holding vital foods, fluids, and pumped with drugs to keep the patient unknowing. This was mainly done to the elderly with what they claim occupying beds for no reason but no where else to send them.
Ask the medical profession or politicians and they will say there never was a Pathway. But, but did I just draw that term out of my head? It happens. Just as it happens when anyone is getting close to death some (not all) doctor will administer, should we say an easement drug.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Being a dad is a burden… thank him for me.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yes, in Britain we had what was called "The Liverpool Pathway". That was all it was, with holding vital foods, fluids, and pumped with drugs to keep the patient unknowing.

Alternately cruel sort of, too. Denying fluids and food to shrivel a person to death isn't exactly merciful, either. But happens slowly enough to fool the casual observer. They do that here in the states in some hospices, too.

Strange world.

I remember reading about olden times when old folk passed on. Sometimes they would just wander into a snowy night and be found frozen in the morning. One old couple did it together, leaving a note that said they didn't want to drain the family resources anymore, their time had come.

They were found sitting under a tree together, hand in hand, frozen popsicles.

Is that noble or nuts or what?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That would be how I would like to go, but some of us do not have that forewarning and end up dribbling out the corners of our mouths not knowing anything in the real world. That's the real tragedy not even knowing the real trauma you are putting on your family.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Get some cyanide.

Or get over it.
Suicide is wrong.

My apologies.

That seemed rather cold looking back.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

After my moms stroke she spent some time in a rehab center where stroke victims were being treated with medication, exercise and training to live with their new life.

Some of those people were young, looking struck down in their prime, they and their families struggling with the debilitating effects. Yet medicine is so advanced it keeps them functioning on some lower level, until the next one, and the next…

Some people have multiple strokes, 911 and the emergency response to get to advanced treatment in hospitals is so good, people can be treated for so many things these days. They whisk them up, treat them and prop them back up at home to grow older and sicker and older and sicker. Been watching this happen to friends passed on here and its kind of sad, I don't think they enjoyed their multiple interventioned lives very much at the end.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Thing is that the Pathway you refer to was done sometimes without the family being aware of it or making the decision to have it done, and there were reports it was done to infants who were deemed too risky to try to keep alive - premies and the like - while their parents were their and unaware of what was going on or told it was decided no matter what they wanted done.

This is the problem with allowing something like that ... it suddenly goes from a completely voluntary thing to something that gets done on the downlow and without the knowledge or approval of either patients or their families in order to save costs or beds in a triage maneuver where it need not happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is the problem with allowing something like that ... it suddenly goes from a completely voluntary thing to something that gets done on the downlow

I don't think one situation indicates this would go on a rampage. Besides, if it were legal, no need to do it on the downlow. Were there legitimate facilities and procedures for it, there would be no need for fly-by-night places that take the lives of babies, and those who were involuntary.

What you describe Ketsuko is homicide. I'm talking about a legitimate medical procedure in which the patient, the patient's family, and physicians agree it is for the best, or a viable option.

edit on 9/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My heart goes out to your Dad and to you and the family as well. We put our beloved pets to sleep to end their suffering yet humans are left to suffer and linger. So sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join