It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Addresses the UN - 2015 (Full video and transcript)

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Below are links for the full transcript for Putin's recent address to the United Nations in 2015.

(I saw the related post but I thought I would post these links on a separate post.)

The speech reveals many things you would never get out of the news.

He speaks about certain nations making secret trade deals keeping the details secret from those respective countries citizens, circumventing WTO principles, as well as details and understanding of what is going on in Syria and the ME.

Excerpts:

"Having established a foothold in Iraq and Syria, the Islamic State has begun actively expanding to other regions. It is seeking dominance in the Islamic world. And not only there, and its plans go further than that. The situation is more than dangerous.

In these circumstances, it is hypocritical and irresponsible to make loud declarations about the threat of international terrorism while turning a blind eye to the channels of financing and supporting terrorists, including the process of trafficking and illicit trade in oil and arms. It would be equally irresponsible to try to manipulate extremist groups and place them at one's service in order to achieve one's own political goals in the hope of later dealing with them or, in other words, liquidating them.

To those who do so, I would like to say — dear sirs, no doubt you are dealing with rough and cruel people, but they're in no way primitive or silly. They are just as clever as you are, and *you never know who is manipulating whom*. And the recent data on arms transferred to this most moderate opposition is the best proof of it.

We believe that any attempts to play games with terrorists, let alone to arm them, are not just short-sighted, but fire hazardous."

"Today, we provide military and technical assistance both to Iraq and Syria and many other countries of the region who are fighting terrorist groups."

----

"..WTO principles, stipulating the freedom of trade, and investment and open competition.

Nevertheless, today, unilateral sanctions circumventing the U.N. Charter have become commonplace, in addition to pursuing political objectives. The sanctions serve as a means of eliminating competitors.

I would like to point out another sign of a growing economic selfishness. Some countries [have] chosen to create closed economic associations, with the establishment being negotiated behind the scenes, in secret from those countries' own citizens, the general public, business community and from other countries.

Other states whose interests may be affected are not informed of anything, either. It seems that we are about to be faced with an accomplished fact that the rules of the game have been changed in favor of a narrow group of the privileged, with the WTO having no say. This could unbalance the trade system completely and disintegrate the global economic space."

"Mr. Suleta, a Colombian diplomat and the chairman of the Preparatory Commission, opened the session by giving, I believe, a concise definition of the basic principles that the U.N. should follow in its activities, which are free will, defiance of scheming and trickery and spirit of cooperation.

Today, his words sound as a guidance for all of us. Russia believes in the huge potential of the United Nations, which should help us avoid a new global confrontation and engage in strategic cooperation. Together with other countries, we will consistently work towards strengthening the central coordinating role of the U.N. I'm confident that by working together, we will make the world stable and safe, as well as provide conditions for the development of all states and nations.

Thank you."
- From Putin transcript

Full Transcript

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
God damn LOVE THIS MAN!
Him an Assad seem on the same page when facing the camera's.

The instability in the Middle East is a direct result of the USA's failed and self serving policies in Iraq and Libya.

Screw the horsesh!t excuses about Saddam, WMD's, Democracy building..

If the US is going to back ISIS and various militants to gain control of the ME I hope Russia steps in and gives an almighty b1tchslap to the US and its allies.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think its great that we have access to the transcript of this speech, as well as the speeches of all of the respective delegates and diplomats representing their countries. Just google the particular country, delegate and with "full UN speech transcript". It is really interesting to hear concerns and issues from the horses mouth so to speak.

The news does not really teach you anything about whats really going on. The United Nations meeting transcripts may give us the rare opportunity to get a glimpse of what is.
edit on 29-9-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

S&F on an important thread about a very important man.

Those "closed economic associations" he refers to bother me because as he confirms they are purely in the interest of only a few elitist people who want total control over the world and are doing it by trade agreements.

He is spot on about the arming and "playing games" with terrorists. There is a whole lot of manoeuvring going on in the ME which I suspect it getting totally out of hand. Its like our cameron courting Muslim voters by well wishing Eid with the pig scandal flying around his head - its a huge hypocritical laugh and ploy which hopefully has f--ted in his face! It shows how low the elite themselves will go.

We all can see the USA with the backing of oink cameron and other elitists are hell bent on a war with the islamic countries ultimately. They know people will flock to back their religious sides, probably on a simplistic level, because they want change to the present corrupt system existing in most of the institutions in their own countries. Its not healthy and life is getting more like a virus politically purely designed to ultimately cull numbers of people and remove opposing governments.

I was pleased to see the respect President Putin has for the UN and I hope people will try to get our self-interested, corrupt and hamstrung leaders to listen to the common sense he has laid on the table. I hope Corbyn in the UK has time to listen to his words and starts sweeping clean some of our politicians here.

No wonder Western leaders hate and are jealous of Putin, there are many in their own countries who would vote for the man as opposed to them.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

He's on the money, of course ... but weather he's right or wrong, is a mute point at this time.

The question is, does he have the balls to back this up with his teeth as well as his tongue.

Because, unless he is ... nobody will take him seriously.

At this juncture, he has two choices.

a) Continue to do as little as possible, and hope it will all blow up in the face of the US/EU.

b) Break some eggs, and make an omilette ... it'll probably taste crap though.

edit on 29/9/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Putins speech was a clear shot across the bow of the globalist establishment that I eluded to here

edit on 29-9-2015 by Sublimecraft because: added link

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Putins speech was a clear shot across the bow of the globalist establishment that I eluded to here

The pic speaks a MILLION words!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The picture of Obama's body language speaks volumes! Just watching DW (German) news and the anchor guy also mentions how there wasn't much of an eye contact between the two POTUS.

Obama was not comfortable at all having less ammunition as Putin out spoke him with the truth, bare as it should be. I am happy that such truth has been spoken especially in the UNGA forum that such a smacking is necessary to expose the oligarchs.

Today is a special day, apart from Mars having water, Putin has just hammered a much needed nail on the head..

edit on 29-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Are those two behind them muslims ?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This speech has been a long-time coming in terms of finally bringing, which I feel to be a common-held view regarding the United States' foreign policy among the other major nations, to the spotlight of international news and politics. It's been the white elephant in the room for the past few decades; everyone could see it but no one wanted to talk about it.

I still don't know what to make of Putin to be honest. I don't fully trust him and I'm not sure why, but I give credit where credit is due and his speech was great. Read the whole transcript and agreed with the whole thing. This 'spreading democracy and freedom' platform has completely destabilized the Middle East and encouraged millions of migrants to spill into mainland Europe that would have otherwise never had to have been there. It's an absolute train wreck - and just like a train wreck the cars still in motion at the rear of the train are continuing to crash, roll and be crushed on the tracks.

But will this speech cause any real change? Or will it be 'business as usual'? Very hard to judge. Either way, the cracks of discontent and discourse are starting to show, and they're going to get wider.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Is the apparently opposing approaches to the subject (Syria) a "good cop bad cop" tactic ?
edit on 29-9-2015 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As for me, I expected that the speech would be more scandalous. But to the credit of our President, it was diplomatic and reasonable (but at the same time presentive).

I'm not an expert in geopolitics, but it seems to me that Russia's voice still plays a stabilizing role in the world today.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Two words: Crimea river.

Putin jerks his knee just like the US does, it's up to you to choose your poison. Either way you will get poisoned.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

"The question is, does he have the balls to back this up with his teeth as well as his tongue. "
His troops & military are in Syria now backing Assad.
Yeah I think he does.
Putin is after all, a politician & rhetoric is what politicians do.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

originally posted by: Ove38

What a fake look Obama has on his face. I guess that's what he believes he should look like when staring at Putin. It's all like a Broadway show.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I watched the addresses yesterday on Ajam and couldn't tear myself away. Absolutely fascinating. Putin was one of the ones I missed though, so thanks for posting it.

I don't want to derail the thread, but thought I would add some thoughts about a few of the others.

Some of the most interesting speeches, if you want to see more:

Hollande of France. www.nytimes.com...

He was great. He realized everybody wanted to talk about Syria, but he wanted to talk about Climate Change, and so he did! I loved it. A touch of rebellion. He does say, Assad has to go.

China: says they will keep 8,000 troops ready to go in the event of global emergencies. Very, very interesting. If you are going to watch another vid, watch his.

I wish to take this opportunity to announce China’s decision to establish a 10-year, US$1 billion China-UN peace and development fund to support the UN’s work, advance multilateral cooperation and contribute more to world peace and development. I wish to announce that China will join the new UN Peacekeeping Capability Readiness System and has thus decided to take the lead in setting up a permanent peacekeeping police squad and build a peacekeeping standby force of 8,000 troops. I also wish to announce that China will provide a total of US$100 million of free military assistance to the African Union in the next five years to support the establishment of the African Standby Force and the African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crisis.
full text here:qz.com...

Iran: Blames every problem on the planet on the U.S. and Israel. No surprise there. The globe can make a lot of money if they will work with Iran, he says.

Qatari Emir: He's sort of scary. Seemed very angry and spoke rapidly. Blames everything on Israel. He really creeped me out.

Syria: There was a 'right-time" to intervene in Syria, and that time was missed. The International community has failed them. He said get rid of the terrorists, and send Syrians home. He used the word 'demand'.... He DEMANDS the region be disarmed of nukes. Says the U.S. failed with Iran.

anyway.... a few notes from your resident scatterbrain.

edit on 9/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So the UN are allowing mobster bosses
to speak in their halls now.

Shame on them

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The UN speeches are continuing today on Aljazeera America, if anyone is interested. The President of Venezuela is speaking now.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
So the UN are allowing mobster bosses
to speak in their halls now.

Shame on them

Now? That implies it has been any different in the past. Saudi freaking Arabia is leading a human right panel there (www.washingtonpost.com...). I get the idea that you would hope to bring different cultures together and the best of each would inspire each, but in reality the organization is rife with corruption (ti-defence.org...) and criminality of all types. (www.nation.co.ke...)

I am no fan of Putin, but he tore it up with that speech.
edit on 29-9-2015 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Ove38

originally posted by: Ove38

What a fake look Obama has on his face. I guess that's what he believes he should look like when staring at Putin. It's all like a Broadway show.

Fake?????? Obama HATES Putin! He can't help himself. He WISHES he could fake it!

Putin is much more of a leader than Obama. Oh, and before you go all anti Putin on me......remember how many people Obama has killed and his famous line.....

"Turns out I'm really good at killing people,"

Deny THAT!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join