It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Revelation's Proposed Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Revelation 4:7
And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

this is from the bible, the four beasts. Now Here is my shot in the dark about them... These four beasts are countries... The lion would be my guess is a African country, the calf, not too sure about but how about Isreal? The face of the man is my guess is China, for this reason, they hold the worlds greatest population... and the Flying Eagle... America can anyone help me with this, without just brutely assaulting this? I may not be Christian, dont claim to be, but I do believe in the Bible and in God. So if the only thing you have to say is not constructive and is Bible Bashing, dont waste the my time, people who have an interest, and your time. If you dont believe, you dont believe. I am not forcing anyone to believe. Just if you have any thoughts that could help this question out, or even tell me i'm wrong it, means something else different, let me know.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Someone did tell me once that The Lion actually represented England or
to be more specific I think it may have been Europe. (don't quote me)
As far as I know the Eagle represented the US.
The two I'm not that sure of now, If I can find out some more I'll
let you know.

Sorry not much help I know, just going from memory here.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think the English lion comes from King Richard the Lionheart

Don't quote me on that i never really paid much attention in history lessons

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Actually Spain also has the lion in their monarchy also, from Leon and castilla.

And you maybe right the four beast maybe the next four powers of the world, to be.

I take the revelations of the bible as more of visions that the religious meaning that the church has given them.

I you take the religious meaning away from them it makes more sense.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Before I was a Bible basher, in an ironic twist I studied Bible prophecy and that is that theory has been proposed in a much more elaborate way but I forget where. There was a good prophecy site I use to visit called Harpazo.net. I would recommend trying to find it there.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i would say lion is england, eagle is america, calf is india, beast with a face like a man i would say is africa. i believe that we all used to be black, the white race has evolved from living in different climates, which is why the face thing fits in with africa.
if you read the bible and forget about the spiritual or religious view then it's actually a prety good read.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I cant believe I overlooked england as the Lion... or even europe from a standpoint. It makes sense the lion was a great symbol during the cursades...
I chose the calf orginally for Isreal, because a calf would be innocent, and given the bibles view of Isreal, it is innocent... But India makes more sense.
for being the calf.
as for Africa being the face of man, its a good idea, but since I have a feeling about china I feel weary about that one. Actually a good point I'm off to do some research on that part of the prophecy.
I think its ironic, I'm a bible basher, turned bible studier.
I thank everybody thus far. your insights have been most helpful.

[edit on 1/1/2005 by wave]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Lion=Justice
Calf(young bull)=Power
Eagle=Wisdom
Man=Love

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If the symbols represent four nations, I will have to bring out the lion again, the lion is the symbol of the coat of arms of Spain, and I have to go back in history, actually by royal relationships by marriage, Frances could be claim by Spain if Frances still had a monarchy.

If that was possible then Frances will also bear the lion too.

"Kingdom of Castilla" and lions, representing the "Kingdom of Leon" and a flag, with both, lions and castles, representing the unity of both kingdoms, also shows the "Cross of Jerusalem" used by the Monarchs to expel the "non christians" from the Spanish peninsula.

Now this is the coat of arms of Spain, I don't think that England has a lion in its coat of arms.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
``

yo wave
those 4 beasts [rev 4:7] were stationed around Gods' throne
& they had 6 wings on them & full of eyes too!
i believe they are also called seriphim
another class, heirarchy of celestial spirit beings

i think they are actually only constellations in the zodiac,
representing the 4 cardinal points in the earths passage thru
the milky way galaxy
so the 6 sets of wings allegory= 6 mans #, flying, & eyes as in star canopy

look in zodiac charts to find the creature-zodiacal correspondence:
lion->calf->eagle->man

you may wish to research the ancient babylon-sumerian-chaldean
constellations along with the greek-roman sky charts

++

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Marg6043 , thanks for that picture. Spain... I never figured them into having a big part... But then again they did rule the Spanish Main and caused a lot of trouble in the day of swash buckers. So thanks, very useful

St. Udio, Never even have the zodiac and the stars an second glance until now. interesting.

lostinspace, justice, power, wisdom, love. all the things that are god.

Well I havent yet found any info about africa being the face of man. but i'm still looking, i'm going to search the stars for info right now.
but still somehow i feel it is somehow refering to countries.
Spain... i'm going to check them out for military info.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would definitely agree with the Eagle representing the United States. One, it is the national bird. Secondly, it can refer to the powerful US air force, as some prophetic references can be understood to be talking about planes.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that the description of the "Queen of Babylon" is really that ominously similiar to that of the Statue of Liberty?

I even found a site which laid it all out.

home.earthlink.net...

Scary stuff.

And another link showing the pagan symbolism in the Statue.. and guess what, the guy who designed it was, surprise, surprise, a Mason.

yahushua.net...

[edit on 19-1-2005 by LogoWatch]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
rome, nazi germany and the US all used the eagle.

babylon used the bull and the EU does too(calf = baby cow/bull)

indias national symbol is the lion

man must be a nation yet to exist.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Lion=Justice
Calf(young bull)=Power
Eagle=Wisdom
Man=Love

I do not think that the 4 Beasts would be of four different countries.... More like metaphorical maeanings of one ... just like god had 3 parts to himself (physical, mental and spiritual) (father[mental/wisdom] , son [physical] , holy spirit [spiritual] ) ... the four signs are to be metaphors... the eagle is oviously the physical one.. the lion can symbolize pride..(american pride) calf(power) beast in the shape of a man (deception) ...

just my two bits on it.. any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I know back in the day, when Isreal camped, the protecting tribes would set thier standards out and watch in thier given direction. The lion, symbolic of judah in the east. To the north the tribe of Dan sat thier standard, the eagle.To the west was the ox (calf) representing Ephraim. The tribe of Reuben sat thiers to the south, the face of a man (he was the firstborn). They were then guarding all sides of the camp.

I always figured that since the purpose of the first beasts (vs4:6) are protection, the symbolism is merely used to reinforce that fact. I don't beileve the beasts "with eyes before and behind" have free will , they are only to guard the throne. You can't sneak up to a beast with eyes all around it's head (north,south,east, and west). They protect just as the tribes did in ancient times, from all sides.

I know that idea doesn't fullfill the desire to have the verse relate to our
countries today but that's my thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i lost interest in that article when i saw them making stuff up to fit their 666 numbering. It is going to be obvious, and you will have a choice whether or not to accept the numbers. It is not on our hands nor our foreheads. The statue of liberty is NOT holding a Gold cup, the Gold thing would be called a flame! New York is NOT known as the Sex capitol of the world by any means, it has been cleaned up drastically. That site was ridiculous. When you see someone start manipulating things to fit their beliefs of something you know that it isn't true, just a little heads up. I'm not saying the U.S. isn't mystery babylon by anymeans, what i am saying is that entire website was crap.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I read over the verses surrounding the description of these four beasts a few times, and I'm now going to have to say that it doesn't seem that John is using symbolism to describe four nations.

Here's the NLT take on it:
Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty--the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”

I think rather that this is a description of actual angelic creatures. The six wings and the eyes can be found in several descriptions of cherubim in the Bible, especially in the Book of Ezekiel. The idea that all angels are basically human beings with two white wings is undoubtedly false...while we know basically nothing of the creation of the angels, and whether or not they were made in God's own image (as we are), we can assume that there are different kinds of angels or heavenly creatures or what have you, created ages before the Earth and its inhabitants.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
These are refered to as "four living creatures".

Lion... calf...human being...eagle: these symbolize, respectively, what is noblest, strongest, wisest, and swiftest in creation. Calf: traditionally translated "ox," the Greek word refers to a heifer or young bull. Since the second century, these four creatures have been used as symbolsof the evangelists Mark, Luke, Matthew, and John, respectively.

Day and night they do not stop exclaiming:
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty,
who was, and who is, and who is to come"

I'm not quite sure there will be a southern cross (KKK's burning cross) in heaven......

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The "BEASTS" are in Rev. Chapter 13. and Chapter 17

top topics

<<   2 >>

join