It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

universal communication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hi folks, I want to touch on a few subjects.
First, why do aliens that people channel speak the same language as the channeler? Like if I channeled some entity from outer space why would I receive a message in English?
Second, some times I'll will be communicating to a human in what I perceive to be the same language only to have them come back and tell me things I didn't even say, like through texts where I can go back and look to see I didn't text what they say I did.
Third, what I have always wanted know, why do all life forms in the universe, except Klingons, speak English on the different Star Track t.v. shows.
I remember reading about someone's experience with alien abduction and communication and they said the aliens transferred symbols into their mind. Don't symbols represent a better way to communicate with alien beings from outer space.
Thank you for reading and hope to gain clear thinking on these things if only to expand the creative side of the brain. Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
Well, on Star Trek they have a universal translator. On Doctor Who the TARDIS translates languages. In real life, I have no clue. Personally, I think that anyone can claim to be channeling something other than themselves but there's no way to prove it. If I wanted attention I could claim that I'm channeling Elvis.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
In Star Trek the Federation have a small device that translates languages into the wearers native tongue.

In Star Wars most characters speak "English" because it is what is referred to as "Galactic Common".

I haven't been to the Outer Rim in ages. So, I may be mistaken.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark Do you mean the first Star Trek series? There must be an episode that explains it. I grew up watching Star Trek shows and then the movie and have seen probably almost all of the Star Trek the Next Generation, but for the life of me missed the universal translated. Thanks I forgot about Dr. Who also speaking to aliens in English.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HAARPO Hmm. I'm sure they must of shown this translator device at some point. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

If I remember correctly, it was the Federation badge in ST:TNG that did the translating. Much like the devices from the film "The Last Starfighter".

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The universal language for sentient life on earth is symbolic and archetypal; the language of dreams. It is a literal language in the most primal form, the capacity to interpret the world in a fashion that is biologically compatible with other forms of sentient life and transcends all cultural and individual bias.

It's a lot harder to learn than say, German.

I'd say our super intelligent pals in the sky are using this language to speak with contactees, hence the dream like and surreal nature of many encounters. Perhaps they judged that we'd be unable to comprehend what's really going on, like showing a dog card tricks, so they break everything down into a picture book format that's less confusing (but ends up creating a lot of questions regardless).

Just one of my theories, anyhow.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I just thought of Farscape. In that show they had little robotic drones in the ship that translated languages.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible About ten years ago I was doing things like putting crystals on my third eye. I had found some quartz crystals with iridescent rainbows in them and I heard a voice in a dreamlike state (or maybe just dreaming) and the voice was telling me something like, I had something to do with the star Vega. I didn't even know at the time there was a star called Vega. I ended up not being able to handle the crystals energy and just gave them back to the Earth. Most likely the voice wasn't an alien, because it spoke in English to me and was some being that could mediate between me and whatever is out there near the star Vega.
Thank you for your reply and I do remember reading about a book where someone showed all of the symbols and I think the translations from aliens that had abducted the person over the years. I'll have to do a thorough search to find this book. Thank you again for your thoughtful reply.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HAARPO Thank you, now that I think about it ,I vaguely remember this. ST: TNG is often on at my house so I'll keep my eye's and ears open.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

All the characters in Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis (in the Pegasus galaxy, no less) all spoke English, too, with only one exception that I can think of. I don't recall any special device used for that. One of the plot holes that never was explained.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead I used to watch Star Gate Atlantis and some of SG1. Now that I think about it, maybe this has to do with how most aliens on Sci-Fi shows look so similar to human beings, the only difference being, something about the face only being different. But again English, is English really the most spoken language on Earth? Maybe it is or maybe in the future it will be.
I long to see more Sci-Fi writers of aliens come up with a language and use subtitles.
Thank you for the reply.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The premise of the Stargate shows was that humans from Earth had been taken and seeded on other worlds. Since the Goaoolds all had names from Egyptian mythology, wouldn't you assume that the humans would have spoken a middle eastern language instead of English? I'm not even going to get into the shows centered around the asgaard and the Nordic mythology.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the universal language is math and binary. Algorithms.

top topics

join