It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopeful Larry Lessig On Our Broken Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
2016 Democratic hopeful and government reform activist Larry Lessig is running on an unusual platform: he wants to take money out of politics, end partisan gerrymandering, and provide all Americans with the equal right to vote. Once he implements those changes, he says he'll resign and hand over the presidency to his Vice President. All he needs now is the Democratic Party's invitation to the debate this October. “That’s all I want is a shot," he tells me, "a shot to make this case and convince people this is an issue important enough to make this election about getting our democracy back.”

What do you make of Lessig's platform?
edit on 9/29/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected All CAPS

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I like his idea of the PAC to end all PAC's, but I really stopped following his "campaign trail". I mean to me this guy is a highly respected IP Law professor, and as someone who is into IP law, well of course he appeals to me; after his idea got a bit of traction and then HE became a political commodity (not his idea) I just stopped paying attention--its like they usurped his idea and will just run it as a front for more corporate BS.

Harvard is part of the establishment, we cant forget that.

Sanders 2016!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would never vote for someone promising to quit after fixing just one thing.

My nominee has to promise to keep fighting long after that. Otherwise, the bad guys get a chance to come roaring back and sabotage things again.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You can't fix one thing, it all comes down to the fact that there is a group of people running things from behind the curtain. They created the currency that's now being abused by the less powerful rich to divide power up among themselves via "government"

If you want to fix it, there is a lot more that needs to change.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Not if he has a great VP, because you'll want to pick a VP that'll be competent to carry on. What happens if he gets in there and has a heart attack? The VP takes over.

originally posted by: SkyNetBeware

My nominee has to promise to keep fighting long after that. Otherwise, the bad guys get a chance to come roaring back and sabotage things again.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Certainly there is, and you have to get to the root of the problem. It's the corruption of our elected officials. You have to do campaign finance reform and get the bribery out of government. Until you do that, nothing else will ever be fixed because they'll all be puppets to the bribe.

originally posted by: lordcomac
You can't fix one thing, it all comes down to the fact that there is a group of people running things from behind the curtain. They created the currency that's now being abused by the less powerful rich to divide power up among themselves via "government"

If you want to fix it, there is a lot more that needs to change.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Not if he has a great VP, because you'll want to pick a VP that'll be competent to carry on. What happens if he gets in there and has a heart attack? The VP takes over.

originally posted by: SkyNetBeware

Thats the flaw in his plan IMHO, you can make his superPAC idea part of a policy platform without being the sacrificial lamb. Thats why I think its become about him and not his idea.

He is a Harvard law professor, he has a huge background in IP law, privacy, copyright--he could really make huge progress in these areas by being POTUS, to run on one idea seems like he is just not committed to the position.

top topics

join