It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The seven signs before the final battle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Most people are familiar with the seven signs of the Bible preceding the final battle, or some version thereof, even if they are not particularly religious. Its not a secret. People have heard of it. And like most people I was skeptical, especially in regards to things I never thought I would see happen in my lifetime.

Every once in a while it pays to take a look at the list and see what is happening in the world...

1) Re-Emergence of Israel
One of the preeminent signs of the end times is the Jewish survival of the Holocaust and the re-emergence of the nation of Israel as a Jewish state.

Check.

2) Jerusalem Is a Burden to the World
The struggle is ongoing, and common knowledge, and does need to be detailed again here.

Check.

3) Dramatic Increase in Travel and Knowledge
This doesn't really need to be explained.

Check.

4) Exponential Growth - specifically wars, famine, earthquakes
20th century - 278 wars
First decade of 21st century - 55 wars, sustained = 550 wars

20th century - 44 famines
First decade of 21st century - 12 famines, sustained = 120 famines

20th century - 123 earthquakes
First decade of 21st century - 144 earthquakes 7.0 or greater, sustained = 1,440 7.0 or greater earthquakes
Note: what qualifies as war, famine, and even earthquakes (for those who wish to be combative) are open to interpretation. The trends however are not.

Check.

5) Gog/Magog Alliance

Magog, Meshech, and Tubal = Russia
Persia = Iran
Cush = Ethiopia
Put = Libya
Gomer = Turkey
Beth-togarmah = Turkey, Armenia, and the Turkish-speaking people of Asia Minor

Russia just announced it is joining forces with Iran, Iraq, Syria, US, Turkey, and others to fight ISIS. Prophecy holds that the alliance is formed against Israel. Personally, I found the idea of Russia, Iran, and Iraq working together at all to be rather unlikely. Should they turn their attention to Israel, I think it would qualify as number 5 on the list quite nicely.

Partial check. Time will tell.

The only two left are:

6) Global government

7) Witnessing of the Angels

Taking number five off the list is a big step. I always found that one harder to believe than a world government.

There are many ways to interpret the seven signs, and even more ways to interpret current events as they might apply. I offer this as a topic of conversation, an opinion or personal observation, for the purpose of discussion. It is prophecy, not cold hard fact. The events we are seeing may be the ones the prophecy spoke of. I can not say with absolute authority that it is so, nor can I say with absolute authority it is not. I can only say what I believe and leave your beliefs to you.

However, I invite you to discuss them here.

(Mods - I did a search but didn't find quite the same thread as this. If it should be moved or merged elsewhere - please do so)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
MOD EDIT: Removed Unnecessary Quote of OP

What...'final battle'?

Å99
edit on 9/29/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
As an ATS member , I find it is our duty to express an opinion about end-time scenarios ... It's what we do ...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Growing up baptist, this really scares a part of me. But I turned away from those beliefs a long time ago and for some reason I can't seem to go back. It's weird.

Either way, the fact that 5 out of 7 of those have actually happened really does freak me out.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
8) The final sign - The Gospel of the Kingdom proclaimed in all the world...

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, AND THEN the end will come. (Mat 24:14)
edit on 29/9/15 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The Jews!! Its the JEWS!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Why do you just add a zero to then end of the number with "sustained" as the reason for it??? For example, a War is 7 but sustained War is 70 years??? That makes no sense. How do you justify a statement like that???

Sustained doesn't even mean "more things of the same kind" but a "continuation of something". So a sustained War wouldn't be a bunch more Wars but a continuation of a War for a longer time.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Why do you just add a zero to then end of the number with "sustained" as the reason for it??? For example, a War is 7 but sustained War is 70 years??? That makes no sense. How do you justify a statement like that???

Sustained doesn't even mean "more things of the same kind" but a "continuation of something". So a sustained War wouldn't be a bunch more Wars but a continuation of a War for a longer time.

"It is prophecy, not cold hard fact" Quote OP

It is clearly based on whatever you want.

Å99

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
"It is prophecy, not cold hard fact" Quote OP

It is clearly based on whatever you want.

Å99

Not even prophesy changes the definition of the word "sustained". Something that is "sustained" doesn't mean you just add a zero to the end of it when counting it. It's nonsense.

There is no such prophesy anywhere. Nor is there anything even close to it. "Sustained" doesn't increase the amount of something.

I know the OP is just pulling it out his butt. That's clear. I'm curious what his reasoning is for even making up such a strange concept in the first place since it's not even a correct use of the word.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Lets have fun, explain how a war works? Ideals? Why do you exploit the resources? For your own gain? Logistics? A military eats a whole lot of s***, Democracy, Liberty and Freedom, another set of ideals, what institution has a monopoly on ideals? Its easier to buy resources than exploit them.

The numbers are coded, you can read them or you cant. If you can you will stop reading them, since most of them are of grandeur nature. Live in peace and prosper in your bubble, accept everything else. You dont drive the ship, you are just a passenger.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Just thought I would flesh out some of the points you were making.

Reemergence of Israel. Matthew 24 indirectly references that by predicting that there would be a 3rd Jewish temple. Also Ezekiel and Hosea predicted a future nation of Israel as well. However Matthew does state what the very first event of the end times actually is here in verse 14.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And reference what he said in verses 6 and 7 about wars and sorrows then I would say this. Verse 14 was fulfilled sometime between Aug. of 1945 and May of 1948. Being that the rebirth of Israel would have been the 2nd event of the end times. And I would add that the lifetimes of the "generation" of verse 34 has been running since then. It's 57 to 59 years along now.

And here is something else I figured out. Why is Jerusalem the "Burden on the world"? It appears that it's a fulfillment of this verse.

Matthew 21
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

After looking it over I figured out this. In the book of Hosea I realized that there was a prophesy of a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse on Israel and the Jews. It's supposed to be 2000 years long. And it would appear that verse 43 there is an additional punishment on top of the curse. That Jerusalem would eventually be taken away from the original occupants of the region and given to another people or nation which is the cause of all the Israel centered strife in the middle east.

Because who makes up most of the Jews of Israel now? Ashkenazi Jews. Which are not Semitic Jews. They are not Jews by blood. Which fits the prophecy of verse 43 nicely. Because who would be the Semitic Jews now? By now after 2000 years of mixing with the locals it would be the Palestinians and the Arabs in the area. The ones squawking the loudest about Israel imperialism. That's why.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It's lists like this that spark the religious prophecy folks. We see the fulfillments and we wait for the next domino to drop. We don't want these prophecies to happen, but to get to the good ones, the bad ones must fall first.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Interesting, I have not given much thought regarding these prophesies. Though, I would expect some are working to ensure they come to fruition. At least, the ones controlled by man, not nature...or from what I seen here on ATS, perhaps man controls natural disasters too?

As far as those above who had issues regarding your choice of wording: Something that's sustained is held or maintained for a long time, keeping its strength or level consistent and unbroken.

It is pretty obvious that by using 10 year data, you would add a zero simply to get an estimate for a comparable 100 years. No need to nitpick the data estimate, since even half of it would still show an increase!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Because the initial statistic for the year 2015 are only for the first decade, ten years. If that rate is sustained it will end up being ten times greater by the end of the millennium. Seven in the first ten years, at a sustained rate for one hundred years, is seventy. It is only meant to show the comparison between the entire year of 2014 and what could be the entire year of 2015 if the same number of events happens every ten years.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Interesting, I have not given much thought regarding these prophesies. Though, I would expect some are working to ensure they come to fruition. At least, the ones controlled by man, not nature...or from what I seen here on ATS, perhaps man controls natural disasters too?

As far as those above who had issues regarding your choice of wording: Something that's sustained is held or maintained for a long time, keeping its strength or level consistent and unbroken.

It is pretty obvious that by using 10 year data, you would add a zero simply to get an estimate for a comparable 100 years. No need to nitpick the data estimate, since even half of it would still show an increase!

That is exactly my point, the trend cant be denied even if the numbers don't end up being exactly ten times the rate for one decade. Thank you. Some one comprehends. :-)

I never really went overboard with these prophecies either. Sure, it was a good read and an interesting subject, but as I said, I never thought I would see Russia, Iran, and Iraq working together on anything. I saw the bit in the news about Russia joining forces and sharing intel with Iran and Iraq and it struck me as familiar. It didn't take long to figure out why.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Interesting and informative. Thank you.

(post by Vroomfondel removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
MOD EDIT: Removed Unnecessary Quote of OP

What...'final battle'?

Å99

The final battle as in Armageddon. End of the world, raining fire, dogs and cats living together, etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I realise a lot of people out there are 'god fearing' and I do not wish to offend, but it deeply bothers me how there seems to be factions willing this forward looking for signs in the news like some sort of 'apocalypse lottery'.

If the real apocalypse comes it will be from human greed, arrogance and stupidity. Unfortunately I don't see signs of people putting the self interests of the planet over there own, once its gone its gone.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You have to remember that the Jews of today are not the Biblical ones.They converted in the 8th century, so not the chosen ones.
Also the Jews and Israelites are not the same thing -the term Jew was never around in those days and actually means descendent of Esau- so technically speaking the rebirth of Israel(not the fake one we see today)has yet to happen.

It was also supposed to be reborn in another part of the world and not the old land as well.
edit on 29/9/15 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join