It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Serious Topic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: BubbaJoe

You really want to shoot someone over trespassing?
And unless you are on property, I doubt what you think is yours really would stand up in court.

Best way to deal with a door knocker is just don't answer the door, they will go away if you don't give them a face to talk to.
Especially the ones selling.

Won't catch a manslaughter or sex offender charge that way.

I don't own a firearm, so my chance of shooting someone is slim. It was a hypothetical question, interesting divide between those that support the 1st amendment and the 2nd.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yes and answering the door naked is a great way to end up there.

I doubt anyone that says they do that, actually ever do that.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I take care of my 75 YO mother and 83 YO step father, he and his family are hard core evangelicals, and can't seem to remember who they are married to, or the fact that they should not have sex outside of marriage, he has 6 great grandchildren, and only 1 of them born in wedlock.

Alright stud now listen up a minute ok ? Here's the plan to
keep you a free man okay? I'm with ya now okay? So first thing
I want you to do is, put a hook on that fish'n pole. Leave a note
say'n you'll be back in a week. While you're down at your favorite fish'n
hole, don't worry everyone will get along fine brother. But a few days
before you leave to go back to that night mare that I'm sorry is your
family. Call one of your people you can count on. And have all the
firearms removed from the residence.

I did the best I could with out insulting your family any more than necessary Bubba.
That's the best I can tell you brother.

OPs really look'n for help people.
edit on Rpm92815v27201500000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Post a sign on your door saying that no salesmen,solicitors or religious people are allowed on the property.Then if they knock on your door anyway,you call the cops and then answer the door and keep them busy till the police get there. They are not threatening you,or your property in anyway,there is no need to be shooting anyone.I uphold the 2nd amendment,but that has nothing to do with this.Just like it is illegal to booby trap your property because there are people that are innocently coming to do business or talk to you,you can't just go shooting people. If you feel that way about it,then don't own a gun.

I am going to answer this, because it seems to be a somewhat thought out answer. First of all, I do not own a firearm, so no one is getting shot, on the other hand, they are violating my religious freedom by knocking on my door. I am agnostic by choice, have been exposed to catholicism and many of the protestant religions, I want nothing to do with any of them.

According to Kim Davis, I have the right to deny them the their civil rights, it is an honest question, either you believe it all, or you are not a believer.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I take care of my 75 YO mother and 83 YO step father, he and his family are hard core evangelicals, and can't seem to remember who they are married to, or the fact that they should not have sex outside of marriage, he has 6 great grandchildren, and only 1 of them born in wedlock.

Alright stud now listen up a minute ok ? Here's the plan to
keep you a free man okay? I'm with ya now okay? So first thing
I want you to do is, put a hook on that fish'n pole. Leave a note
say'n you'll be back in a week. While you're down at favorite fish'n hole,
don't worry everyone will get along fine brother. But a few days before
you leave to go back to that night mare that I'm sorry is your family.
Call one of your people you can count on. And have all the firearms
removed from the residents.

I did the best I could with out insulting your family any more than necessary Bubba.
That's the best I can tell you brother.

You actually made me LOL, I don't own firearms, ain't planning on shooting anyone. It is my life, and I choose to live it, could go camp in the woods in Montana, but wifi is rough there. I picked on JW's and Mormons in my OP, but it could be any evangelical crew, would those that believe in the constitution back my decision?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
CALL the POLICE.

You can't 'shoot' some unless there is a grave, and iminent threat.

Like they physically broke in your home, and could be easily verified.

CALL the POLICE.

First.

Do not take opinions from the 'internets' on what you should do.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
CALL the POLICE.

You can't 'shoot' some unless there is a grave, and iminent threat.

Like they physically broke in your home, and could be easily verified.

CALL the POLICE.

First.

Do not take opinions from the 'internets' on what you should do.

Thanks Neo, not like they are standing here right now, hypothetical question about religious freedom.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You actually made me LOL, I don't own firearms, ain't planning on shooting anyone. It is my life, and I choose to live it,

You jackass, you had me go'in you know that? My God my grand pa
just kept flashing in my brain. He came to live with us when I was
a kid and I hated him. Meanest ole crock I've ever known. But man ,
okay you got me.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
y'all I have been here for many years, ain't no one getting shot, just actually trying to make folks think for a change. Unfortunately I have to work in the morning, but will be very interested to see where this goes. I do not need help, no lives are being threatened, just a somewhat hypothetical situation.

With all of the arguments about religious freedom and 2nd amendment rights thought this might be an interesting conversation, and so far it has been, and I appreciate you all for participating, and more so, for some of you that actually thought you might be talking me down. Good for you, your good heart will do you good going forward.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You actually made me LOL, I don't own firearms, ain't planning on shooting anyone. It is my life, and I choose to live it,

You jackass, you had me go'in you know that? My God my grand pa
just kept flashing in my brain. He came to live with us when I was
a kid and I hated him. Meanest ole crock I've ever known. But man ,
okay you got me.

I also took care of my grand dad the last 6 months of his life, he lived to be 95 and was the meanest SOB I have ever dealt with. Cheers man, there is kudos for you in my above post. You are a good guy.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Invite them in.
Tell them yall can talk about it over a bubble bath.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

When they came to my door and asked if I was going to heaven I told them without reserve and looking the speaker in the eye I said "YES" 'and shut the door.
It worked.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

y'all I have been here for many years, ain't no one getting shot, just actually trying to make folks think for a change. Unfortunately I have to work in the morning, but will be very interested to see where this goes. I do not need help, no lives are being threatened, just a somewhat hypothetical situation.

It's actually pretty good. In fact, now I kind of wish you
did have firearms. I was all ready to hop in my car and drive to
where ever you are and go fish'n with ya. Any ways good one.

I was gonna be the hero!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

It's actually pretty good. In fact, now I kind of wish you
did have firearms. I was all ready to hop in my car and drive to
where ever you are and go fish'n with ya. Any ways good one.

I was gonna be the hero!

According to the Fish and Game wardens, we don't need firearms to fish

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Here you go !

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Guys... seriously the easiest solution is not opening the door.

Calling the cops is just a waste of the cops time unless you are in a gated community.

If you are in a housing track the cops can't really do anything unless the person is like threatening you or tried to go in your home.

Knocking on the door because there is a no soliciting sign is not against the law...
edit on thTue, 29 Sep 2015 00:12:56 -0500America/Chicago920155680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Unless you are on some property you are just wasting the cops and really your own at that point.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Pretty silly thread actually.

Tell them "no thanks" and shut the door.

I've never had anyone knock again after that.

I suppose if they then tried to come in your window you could justifiably shoot them but that ain't gonna happen.

Slightly off topic, I'm pretty sure I was put on a "do not knock on this door" list by the Mormons many years ago after cluing in a couple of young Mormon missionaries to the esoteric teachings of their church. No Mormon has ever come to my door since.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Generally you can only legally employ such force as reasonably seems necessary to defend yourself, your loved ones, and those around you from illegal and imminent physical danger. And that justification has to be objective, not subjective to you. E.g. the court must determine that the use of force really was reasonable under the circumstances, not just that it seemed necessary. Though, in some states, if you mistakenly believe deadly force was necessary to protect yourself, you can have a conviction reduced from murder to manslaughter because of what is known as imperfect defense.

In a small number of states, you still have to demonstrate that you tried to retreat and were pursued by the instigator of the violence before using self defense, but only when it is possible to do so, and takes place somewhere other than in your own home.

So harassment or trespass alone, generally, does not grant you the legal right to use deadly force. You do have the constitutional right to keep and bear arms for self defense. Whether you will be "protected" if you do so however, depends upon the court's perception of the reasonableness of your use of deadly force with said arms in the specific scenario in question.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You are under no obligation to answer the door in the first place.

If you don't answer the door, then they have no reason to stay, and there is no reason to threaten them. However, I think as to your justification for shooting them, what are you defending yourself against? Generally, even the loosest self-defense laws require you to be defending yourself against someone.

Also, there are signs: No Soliciting, etc. I'm sure somewhere, someone has made a No Proselytizing one.
edit on 29-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join