It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Serious Topic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
For all of the constitutionalists out there. And invite others to join. As a hard core agnostic, if a mormon or JW approaches my home, and refuses to leave when asked to, am I protected to shoot them?

This involves a couple of amendments, so that is where my confusion arises.

Realize this sounds like a real troll thread, but actually looking forward to the justifications either way.

Don't worry not planning on shooting anyone.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Is your life in danger of they don't leave when asked to?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Is your life in danger of they don't leave when asked to?

They don't leave when asked to, or when I tell them I am not interested in what they are selling. They are trespassing at that point.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Well Bubba (in my most sarcastic southern drawl), heck yeah shoot away you yahoo, I mean how dare them try to talk sense to ya'....yeehaw!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Now now, don't be all trigger happy like some of the esteemed cops out there.

There are plenty of ways to skin a cat between asking them to leave and dragging them off your property dead.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Now now, don't be all trigger happy like some of the esteemed cops out there.

There are plenty of ways to skin a cat between asking them to leave and dragging them off your property dead.

This was actually an honest question that popped into my somewhat deranged brain. Being agnostic, I get tired of being approached by all types.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Well Bubba (in my most sarcastic southern drawl), heck yeah shoot away you yahoo, I mean how dare them try to talk sense to ya'....yeehaw!

No sarcastic southern drawl required, I lived in FL for 6 years, I can hear it in my head.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The number one way to get rid of them...

Tell them about some of the miracles that you have witnessed, works every time:

How do Jehovah's Witnesses react when they meet someone really excited about God and the Bible and they want to talk about it? Often times they can't run away fast enough. Francis Chan told about the time two Jehovah's Witnesses came to his house. He listened for a minute and then asked if he could tell him about the things that God was doing in his life and how God was answering his prayers. One of them said "What are you...a Pentecostal?" He responded with "It doesn't matter, all you need to know is that I'm a human just like you and I read the Bible for myself...study it and then I pray to God and that God listens to me."

The lady looked at her friend and said lets get out of here. They started walking away...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Your topic takes the religious aspect into consideration, I assume as a type of harassment. You do have the right to not be afflicted by missionary zealots in your own home. However, if they are not a threat to you, only a nuisance, I would say shooting them would be considered excessive force. This is a matter better left to the local law enforcement.

I just answer the door naked and let the issue resolve itself.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
The number one way to get rid of them...

Tell them about some of the miracles that you have witnessed, works every time:

How do Jehovah's Witnesses react when they meet someone really excited about God and the Bible and they want to talk about it? Often times they can't run away fast enough. Francis Chan told about the time two Jehovah's Witnesses came to his house. He listened for a minute and then asked if he could tell him about the things that God was doing in his life and how God was answering his prayers. One of them said "What are you...a Pentecostal?" He responded with "It doesn't matter, all you need to know is that I'm a human just like you and I read the Bible for myself...study it and then I pray to God and that God listens to me."

I actually lived in some very rough circumstances for a few years, the JW ladies were always very nice to me, and not preachy. In weak moments, I think about them as some the most pleasant women that I have met. They were happy and joyful to be standing at a cold and snowy bus stop, talking to me.

The lady looked at her friend and said lets get out of here. They started walking away...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If I shoot someone under whatever circumstances will I be arrested?

Oh but I'm not gonna shoot anybody!

This isn't a troll thread.

Bubba, what the hell would you make of that?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Then again you could just answer the door naked and I am sure they would run like hell!

edit on 28-9-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
You've had issues like that or is this completely hypothetical?

All it takes is a dismissive 'not interested' and close the door.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Your topic takes the religious aspect into consideration, I assume as a type of harassment. You do have the right to not be afflicted by missionary zealots in your own home. However, if they are not a threat to you, only a nuisance, I would say shooting them would be considered excessive force. This is a matter better left to the local law enforcement.

I just answer the door naked and let the issue resolve itself.

I have had other friends resolve this issue in the same manner, and I would agree, excessive force. Just a question, between 1st and 2nd amendment supporters. I am a firm believer in you support it all, or you are not a supporter. Much like the bible for me, there is a lot of good stuff, great stuff even, but some of it ain't up my alley, Constitution, the same, you support it all, or you are not a supporter.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

If I shoot someone under whatever circumstances will I be arrested?

Oh but I'm not gonna shoot anybody!

This isn't a troll thread.

Bubba, what the hell would you make of that?

Honestly not trying to troll, but with all of the religious freedom threads, with Kim Davis and stuff, as well as the staunch 2nd supporters here on ATS, actually thought this might be an interesting topic.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

They must be in a line single file at OPs door that wraps around his house
and down the street like the DMV?

Honestly not trying to troll, but with all of the religious freedom threads, with Kim Davis and stuff, as well as the staunch 2nd supporters here on ATS, actually thought this might be an interesting topic.

Interesting? You know there is such a thing as over kill esse.

Oh look, I punned.
edit on Rpm92815v08201500000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You really want to shoot someone over trespassing?
And unless you are on property, I doubt what you think is yours really would stand up in court.

Best way to deal with a door knocker is just don't answer the door, they will go away if you don't give them a face to talk to.
Especially the ones selling.

Won't catch a manslaughter or sex offender charge that way.
edit on thMon, 28 Sep 2015 23:09:22 -0500America/Chicago920152280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

They must be in a line single file at OPs door that wraps around his house
and down the street like the DMV?

I freaking live with them, plus my four step siblings. Neither Mormon or JW, just evangelical idiots, that somehow have carnal knowledge with folks they aren't married to.

I take care of my 75 YO mother and 83 YO step father, he and his family are hard core evangelicals, and can't seem to remember who they are married to, or the fact that they should not have sex outside of marriage, he has 6 great grandchildren, and only 1 of them born in wedlock.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes no matter what, court bad.

No court!

GOOD!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Post a sign on your door saying that no salesmen,solicitors or religious people are allowed on the property.Then if they knock on your door anyway,you call the cops and then answer the door and keep them busy till the police get there. They are not threatening you,or your property in anyway,there is no need to be shooting anyone.I uphold the 2nd amendment,but that has nothing to do with this.Just like it is illegal to booby trap your property because there are people that are innocently coming to do business or talk to you,you can't just go shooting people. If you feel that way about it,then don't own a gun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join