It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 2 still kicking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

i started playing diablo 2 again, and i was surprised to see how many people still play, theres always amultiple games going on, at least in the US east realm.

i play as a bone necromancer and im level 86/99.. i do alot of damage with my bone spear and bone spirit. i also absorb alot of damage with my bone shield.

this is what my character looks like.

i think the different acts are really fun to play, and ive gotten my mercenary with the insight rune word with meditation aura.

heres a pic of myself fighting monsters on the river of flame.

im just wondering if anyone else out there still plays diablo2, its a classic.

hit me up if youd like to play together.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You know what? I've played 1 & 3 but never 2, I don't know why, some I my mates swear it's the best still by far! So i might check it out.
edit on 28-9-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Duuuuude!
Busy playing Warcraft II
Hadn't played in over 15 years! Nostalgia like a mutha, I feel 12 again!

muSSang, I can't believe you've not jammed D2
(then again I've never played 1 or 3, kek, I'll shush my mouth)
Diablo 2 is life blood - it is still such a great game. I dig all the characters, but Necro is my favourite.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

I spent VERY many happy hours on that game.

Now I spend my computer time on D3,as I'm addicted to it.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

I spent VERY many happy hours on that game.

Now I spend my computer time on D3,as I'm addicted to it.

i havent played D3 yet let me know if its any good

i know absolutely nothing about it

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm still playing D2. Love that game, there's no other ARPG that's came close. If you like D2 check out Grim Dawn. The Devs. are all fans of D2 and have done allot of really cool stuff, and it's almost finished. Probably the only Early-Access game I've bought and don't feel ripped off.

Currently in D2 I'm stuck in nightmare with my lvl 67 zeal pally because I can't find 'decent' armor to move onto Hell. I did fully gear a necro for farming this summer, though.

D3 was a major flop, and they screwed the pooch on that one, completely dumbing down everything and gearing it toward consoles ... though it's slowly getting better with expansion releases. But it has nothing on D2, it's not even in the same league as D2 or Grim Dawn in my opinion.

edit on 29-9-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I've put in 900 hours.There's no level limit but the end-game gear is quite restricted in that only certain sets do the required damage,however it's agreat game for switching off and grinding.Keep out of the floor effects and away from the twizzly lasers.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I loved d2 used to play a tricked out hammerdin HOTO,zakarume sheild,shako,spider web sash, frost burns, treds, maras ,sojx2 and enigma, all the charms gheeds, annhilious, torch, skill GC ahhhh good times. Used to solo the ubers like nothing in hell.

I hated D3 on release but the ps4 version with the x pack fixed the game for me. I like playing on the duel shock 4 in reality d3 was made for consol not PC. It has a very arcade feel from the kill sprees and the damage and speed boosts. It's really fun on the higher torment levels with a group of your friends. I just finished getting my crusader to level 70 on hardcore so zero deaths!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimjolnir
Duuuuude!
Busy playing Warcraft II
Hadn't played in over 15 years! Nostalgia like a mutha, I feel 12 again!

muSSang, I can't believe you've not jammed D2
(then again I've never played 1 or 3, kek, I'll shush my mouth)
Diablo 2 is life blood - it is still such a great game. I dig all the characters, but Necro is my favourite.

kek... That put a big stupid grin on my face

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I wasted a whole lot of time on this game but loved most every minute of it. I still get the urge to fire it up but I resist since the last time I tried it just was not the same without a huge player-base.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

I'm here all night...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Im only missing a few charms, but this is what my skillpoints look like

note: i only have 1 skill point invested into cursaes

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I like Arcuz 2. It's game action by Zelda and Diablo.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Does this run on windows 10 ?

I played d3 on the ps3 for about an hour then ditched it, but i loved d1 & 2

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Most of the die hard Diablo 2 fans usually return when the Ladder mode resets, which happens every few months. Ladder is separate from the regular normal and hardcore modes since it is ranked and everyone starts from scratch at the same time.

Lots of hype every time Ladder resets. It's probably the main reason why the game is still so popular after 16 years... in fact even more popular then Diablo 3, which IMO was alright but not as good as 2.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I still to this day wish we had gotten World of Diablo instead of WoW. Imagine having to do 25man raids against a huge hulking Diablo demon. Man, I'm getting titillated just thinking about it. Of course, I'm sure blizzard would have found a way to ruin it & made it cartoony or something.

But an MMO in the style of Diablo 1. Ugh that would have been amazing.

top topics

join