It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Schrodinger's Nostalgia' vs False Memories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Schrodinger's Nostalgia. My simplest way to define this obscure, poorly studied term, would be 'idealized reminiscence'.

But if anyone has a better definition and/or example of a potential case of 'Schrodinger's Nostalia' please do chime in!

Given the very simple example of the above Mister Roger's Theme song, in the event that an adult's memory of the lyrics from childhood is different with certainty, is it likely a case of:

a. FALSE memory

b. Schrodinger's nostalgia

c. both (a) & (b)

d. none of the above?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

Why not post this on the earlier thread dealing with very similar subject matter?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Why not post this on the earlier thread dealing with very similar subject matter?

Please show me an ATS discussion of SCHRODINGER'S NOSTALGIA and gladly would.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You posted on it multiple times. Good luck here, though.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Never mentioned Schrodinger's til now. And such a vast site as ATS and it seems to have never been discussed as a phenomenon.

But yes I've posted Mr Roger's song before within quite a few threads searching for answers in the paranormal so figured why not turn back to psychology & the mind?

Thx

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I just watched an entire episode of Mr. Rogers. I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. It still makes me happy after all these years. Whether or not there has been some changes in the universe or whatever, I am happy this is the same.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'd call that variety of nostalgia if any, 'sweet'

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I've never heard it called 'Schrodinger's Nostalia' before...Though I really like that phrase! It sounds much better than the 'Mandella Effect'.

I've enjoyed articles about this subject, though honestly I have no problem believing that it's just a false memory phenomenon, based on misheard/misread names, and garbled memories of news reports, etc.

Still the fact that chartreuse is greenish yellow instead of a redish purple as I've always thought gives me the creeps though!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Schrondiger's Nostalgia seems to be a behavior where in guarding one's cherishing of memories (in this case, childhood) the actually memories are 'sugar-coated'.

I'm thinking another good example would be a wealthy aristocratic adult who as a child had to eat cat food with his family to survive for a couple years til they made it big, might just end up sugar-coating their memories to the point they literally dont even remember eating cat food but instead gourmet meals.

I don't see how Schrodinger's Nostalgia would be similar to the separate 'Mandela Effect' other than that a group Schrodinger's nostalgia could perhaps amount to a Mandela Effect.

I suppose Schrodinger's Nostalgia could be a mild case of 'false memories' where the truth/memory is bent to sugar-coat the childhood experience as perfect and cherished.and unpleasant bits of memories weeded out subconsciously

new topics

top topics

join