It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand Up Comedians of Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Theres never a good in all areas presidential candidate so people are forced to pic the lesser of the two negatives. Real presidents who are good in all areas do come around sometime but their rare, most of the people have to pic between two bads so saying 'or who the people who elect them' isn't really 100 percent true
edit on 28-9-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

Excellent examples. Chappelle , Carlin , and Hicks I am particularly fond of. Love me some Mitch Hedberg as well.

C K clip reminded be of a song by a fellow named Bo Burnham. Not quite as "truthey" as the fellows above but ATS might enjoy...or be incredibly annoyed by.. Haven't yet decided for myself..

If that doesn't load here is the link, if you are so inclined.
youtu.be...

Nice thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I do worry for the world when we have to rely on comedians to disseminate information rather than journalists.

The comedians, in which I would include Stewart, do have a simpler route to their audience

Where are the Woodward's, Cronkite's, Davies' & Pilger's, Etc.,? ( Yeah, I did the oxford comma! twice ...come at me! :-))

Are they still out there but unable to be heard or is it simply easier to write about Taylor Swift's newest crush?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

All greats and personal faves there

I can't watch stand up unless the person is talking about something meaningful and using their stand up to educate others.

All time fave- Ricky Gervais. He's just brilliant. Though he only beats Carlin and Hicks because he's alive

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Doug Stanhope is a beacon of truth.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Stanhope is funny. He reminds me of an Aussie great- Jim Jefferies who is hilarious. Nothing is out of bounds.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I've never seen gervais but I heard him when he played a character on family guy and he was pretty good at it, sounded funny and everything. Stanhopes good too, theres this one bit about celebrities that was so funny, it was from a show he did with bbc or something, not sure
edit on 29-9-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telepathy3

I've never seen gervais but I heard him when he played a character on family guy and he was pretty good at it, sounded funny and everything. Stanhopes good too, theres this one bit about celebrities that was so funny, it was from a show he did with bbc or something, not sure

Gervais has done several stand up shows. All are good and accessible in the tube.

If you are religious I would avoid it.
You know what? No, you really shouldn't. Just watch and realise that it's a comedy show.
Animals, Fame & politics are funny and there was one he did for an American audience, called Made in Britain or Out of England or something.
Some of my American friends find the arrogance/self-depreciation thing; as in the arrogance is really self-deprecating a little hard to understand. It's a very Brit thing. I just tried to explain it but had to delete it all as it became far too complicated. Anyway, I've rambled on, watch a couple and you may be surprised how good it is.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Gervais has done heaps of stand up. He also has written tv shows that are worth mentioning - The Office and Derek most notably.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jc333

Yep Gervais is a staunch Atheist.

So is Jim Jefferies - for anyone interested utube Jim Jefferies God goes to a party. Seriously funny. Sorry I can't link atm.

I also really like Bill Maher, another Atheist.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

That was pretty good, I like the piano playing and the joke about not eating pork was funny, never seen him before either, thx for the link

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I don't watch maher, he's on hbo I don't even have, but those "new rule" compilations on youtube are great

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that to get good news you have to tune to comedy central...
From Daily Show (Used to love Stewart, but new host seems to have lots of potential, and is good replacement for John) to many other videos, including stand ups.

George Carlin on religion is just priceless. Same goes with Jim Jefferies...

Also to note, magicians are up to task as well...

There are 2 more parts of that video...

Amazing Randi on religion...

On many topics, John Oliver (used to work for John Stewart, even replaced him while Stewart was filming his movie
)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Hilarious

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

edit on 1-10-2015 by airstripone because: wrong link...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Awesome thread, I hope it keeps going. I have often
used comedy to try to express the truth of the matter,
whatever the matter is.

Rebel 5

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Black bush on Iraq invasion

Stanhope on the royal family

top topics