It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher Knowledge from the Plant Teachers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I should be mostly ashamed of my drug use but it was all in the line of duty. I saved a life or two while stoned on various manmade and natural substances. I am worse for the wear but all the same it was worth it. Minimal drug and alcohol use is preferable and yet tuff to avoid. Like many here say it is just the fork in the road of life that makes that good or bad for a person.

Cannabis for me has been a source of tremendous pleasure and pain. I advise anyone to use edibles or vaporize clean oils for at least your cardiovascular wellbeing something I have not done due to illegality and on the fly use.

I still function well but I would be a different animal altogether had I not smoked as much dope as I have.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Thanks for the info UniFinity.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this was mentioned in this thread already, but when dealing with these plant teachers remember that it is almost never recreational. There is usually some sort of searching involved. So..., "When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts
edit on 10-10-2015 by QuietSpeech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
just found out a good tedx talk about plant teachers and I remembered this thread when watching the vid, and thought, maybe it will be interesting for some

I have tried it with meditation a few times and it was amazing experience so I can agree with what he says with certainty.

But as poster above me says, when you are doing that you are walking on thin ice. Although they not induce desires as cigarettes but overall experience can be so blissful that you may want to do it again.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is a great discussion, although I admit I am a little bit annoyed that about a year ago, I brought up this same topic and was swiftly shut down by the moderators for violating the terms of use by bringing up illegal drug use. I especially enjoyed the post with video link to the neuro-scientist and her experiences with psychotropics. I found it very touching.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rhoswen
This is a great discussion, although I admit I am a little bit annoyed that about a year ago, I brought up this same topic and was swiftly shut down by the moderators for violating the terms of use by bringing up illegal drug use. I especially enjoyed the post with video link to the neuro-scientist and her experiences with psychotropics. I found it very touching.

Chalk it up to progress, something you helped pioneer in a sense.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hi Buddha,

Very interesting what you say, I have just tried to make a post on '___' in ayahuasca and it never appeared, I tried it a second time, only to receive a pop up notification indicating that I had already posted it.

Seems though you are correct when it come to free speech.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have read all about '___' but am unfamiliar with it, personally. I feel like I have learned what I needed to learn from that place. '___' isn't the only plant that can teach you such things--I find the mycelium of psilocybin to be a good teacher. It isn't so much which plant you use--but your mindset and what's in your heart. I'm happy to see a thread like this. This subject is one of my favorites. Well done, OP.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

you said it!

mindset is most important. Even with just meditation, everything is possible. Drugs are only short cuts...and dangerous. But if taken responsibly they can show you most wonderful things.

I find the mycelium of psilocybin to be a good teacher

how did you do it, can you describe for a bit about your methods? or even some experiences? I love to read such stories and I know you are an awesome writer from your other threads : )

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They have known everyone and everything that has ever lived. Because they break you down when you die. They are a collective. Mycellium connect to one another all across the globe--like a giant brain but even more complex. They have certain knowledge and wisdom, therefore.

Mushrooms are like going home.

But you must respect. You cannot visit often to get the most out of the experience. These are not something you "trip out" on. Mushrooms are not a joke. They're not something you do all of the time. You must have respect for the spirit of the mushroom. They are holy. Mushrooms humble you--and, on the flip side: they empower you, too. I'm excited because the field of psychology is starting to get on board with clinical trials for treating things like depression and terminal illness.

Go and look up Terence McKenna--he knows what's up

I didn't hear about him until after I'd experienced. When you're looking for a video to listen to, pick one of the ones he did on mushrooms--he was such a smart man! I want to be a weird mix of him and Judge Judy when I get to be that age.

peace, brother

edit on 17-11-2015 by rukia because: adding the groovy music

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

... this picture feels like something which I have seen in my trips : )

You are right, this things are sacred it is like learning about what nature can show or even help us. They should be treated with respect. For exploration of mind they are like a microscope is for biologist in my opinion.

I believe they can help a person in many ways. Like for instance depression, bad habits or addictions. They can open our mind in a way that we would not considered it otherwise. Dunno what exactly is it doing to our brains, but from my experience it can be very beneficial.

For instance. One time two friends and I were at my place and on mushrooms. It was a very profound experience for five or six ours or so... We talked about many things and also there was a time we were silent for two hours. One friend even had suddenly tears falling down when we were silent, because of some issues with his family and how he is treating them poorly and he should do better. It helped him understand this about himself and he than soon after even cooked a lunch for whole family : )
all in all, It was a great journey of laughter and silence. We were all in agreement about this, without a doubt.

For me, mushroom can really dig deep on very personal and intimate level, if you are prepared to face yourself. The more you let go, more they will show.

McKenna is great, I listened to many of his talks on youtube! He is awesome and a great talker.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join