It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope Just Handed Kim Davis A Huge Win

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Why are you talking about the benefits?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

How so? The marriage we are talking is secular, not religious.

Religious marriage IE a man and a woman united in holy matrimony before God remains unchanged.

Secular marriage ie the above ratified by the state and nothing to do with God has been extended to include same sex couples.

That is the core of this debate. I agree with the Pope n that she can consciously object because of her faith, but matters of state come before faith.

The nice way to let little Kimmy out of this is to make the law change surrounding who issues licenses I suggested earlier.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Dear Pope,
Clean up your own backyard you paedopheliac, money hoarding sack of crap.
Til then, stfu.
P.S.
I think your hat is stupid.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perhaps the Supreme Court should have asked his supreme holiness for his opinion, oh wait, they didn't, did they? I think Kim Davis is a tool and her 15 minutes should be doused in flames.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Why are you talking about the benefits?

I thought that was the definition of marriage.
What else is gained by the state recognizing a union.
The state does not have spiritual powers.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You want proof that God and heaven, & hell don't exist, look no further than the Catholic church.
If these criminals believed one sentence of the nonsense that come out of their mealy mouths, you wouldn't have paedophile priests, all the treasure this institution has amassed, most of it stolen, and any of the other myriad crimes against humanity they have committed over the centuries...
I know if I was a "man of the cloth", there would be bricks coming out if my butt knowing all the splaining I was going to have to do in the afterlife.
And I don't see his holiness rushing to hand all these kiddy diddling sociopaths over to the authorities, so what kind of consequences are we talking about here?
Half dozen hail Mary's while rubbing your beads?
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
There's been enough bead rubbing already...time for some heads on pikes.
edit on 28-9-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I thought that was the definition of marriage.

You actually think that benefits defines marriage? Anyway we are not talking about benefits. We are talking about marriage equality protected by the 14th Amendment. The benefits will have to be worked out after the fact.

Come to think of it, let's talk about marriage benefits. Why deny gay couples the right to marriage with benefits when straight couples can get them? Equal rights and all that.

The state does not have spiritual powers.

Stating the obvious, Sherlock.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Can you define spiritual powers?

Why would they be needed for a marriage?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is an unusually unpopular decision for the Pope Star to take but after having informed myself somewhat about this topic I think at best she could have claimed to be a conscientious objector and resigned from her post. People who don't want to fight in wars because of their religion don't join the army and people who don't want to issue marriage licenses to gays because of their religion likewise shouldn't be issuing marriage licenses.
edit on 28-9-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't find anything at that page about this. That thread is about the Megyn Kelly/Kim Davis interview. So I listened to the part of the interview about her denying the licenses but I didn't hear anything about them coming in from another jurisdiction. Do you have another source or did I miss something in the interview? Or was that not the source you intended? There is a huge difference between them coming in from another jurisdiction and Kim Davis telling them to go get their license in another jurisdiction.
edit on 28-9-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Danton

I think at best she could have claimed to be a conscientious objector and resigned from her post.

Oh yeah. That would be a proper path to take.

But honestly I think stating that she is a conscientious objector is an insult to the real conscientious objectors in history.

I understand she doesn't want to issue marriage licenses to gay couples due to her beliefs and that's her right but to take a stand and deny gay couples their rights is an abuse of her position as a government official.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I thought of something... Kim Davis makes over 80K a year right? Few people mentioned that she didn't want to resign because of that.

So that reminded me of this verse:

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

Matthew 19:24

Maybe I am just talking out of butt so never mind me.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
She also recently said that if she resigns she will "lose her voice."

Which is absolute proof this is more than just her not wanting to do something against her conscious.

She wants to use her position and her notoriety for political activism.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Where in the Constitution does it state ANYTHING about marriage or family ? Geez , all the stars for a non-existent part of the Constitution.....SAD

You do understand the Constitution is not a list of things citizens can do, right?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

I don't find anything at that page about this. That thread is about the Megyn Kelly/Kim Davis interview. So I listened to the part of the interview about her denying the licenses but I didn't hear anything about them coming in from another jurisdiction. Do you have another source or did I miss something in the interview? Or was that not the source you intended? There is a huge difference between them coming in from another jurisdiction and Kim Davis telling them to go get their license in another jurisdiction.

There were post in the thread by annee that showed that the two live away from that town. There is a link to an orielly interview also that is a must watch.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Can you define spiritual powers?

Why would they be needed for a marriage?

In this case I am really meaning any powers or substance that goes beyond benefits of marriage.

No I can not really define spiritual powers to any satisfaction of many.

Honestly other than benefits what else is there to marriage?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: DelMarvel

There were post in the thread by annee that showed that the two live away from that town. There is a link to an orielly interview also that is a must watch.

Man,that's a fourteen page thread. I started to look but then I thought "what the hell?" I've spent a lot of time surfing around looking for this story already. You're the one who made the claim. It's your job to give me the specific link.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So if Marriage is a Privilege than it is violating the 14th amendment
edit on 29-9-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The Pope giveth and the Pope taketh away.

The following is and always was the real and logical way to interpret this story.

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- The Vatican turned the tables Friday on the pope's meeting with Kim Davis: Not only did it distance the pontiff from her claims that he endorsed her stand on same-sex marriage, it said the only "real audience" Francis had in Washington was with a small group that included a gay couple.

The revelations, doled out during the course of the day, put a new twist on Pope Francis' encounter with Davis after she and her lawyers insisted that her invitation to meet the pope on Sept. 24 amounted to an affirmation of her cause.

The Davis case has sharply divided the United States, and news of Francis' meeting with the Kentucky clerk, who went to jail after refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses, had upended his six-day U.S. tour. During the visit, Francis had tried to steer clear of such hot-button issues, only to see the Davis affair dominate the post-trip news cycle.

The Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, sought to give the Vatican's take of events in a statement early Friday, saying Francis had met with "several dozen" people at the Vatican's embassy before leaving Washington for New York.

Davis was among them and had a "brief meeting," he said. Lombardi said such meetings are common during papal trips and are due to the pope's "kindness and availability."

"The pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis, and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects," Lombardi said.

"The only real audience granted by the pope at the nunciature was with one of his former students and his family," Lombardi added. Source: AP

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Hoax confirmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join