It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question for which Berenstein Skeptics Have No Answer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There are other examples of this, back in the late 90's early 2000's Art Bell before moving to Manila had a guest on talking about just this(if somebody want's to they could likely find it in the shows archives) But the guest asked if (at the time he was not) Nelson Mandela was dead. The question had the same effect, in one version of the memory he had been assassinated in another only prison. In both cases the people were sure they were correct. I think these glitches happen alot more often that credited. The only hitch is most of us never notice.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Figures the 'main' thread would have such an ambiguous title

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

This is being discussed in more than a few areas on ATS. If the topic doesn't interest you perhaps you should mosey on to a different thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

originally posted by: NowWhat

If it was Sammy the Squid it would be Sammy el Calamar in Spanish. Still Sammy though, cause thats like not up for translation or debate, its his actual name. Geez...

I should specify non-Romanized languages.

Wonder how it would be spelled when objectively transliterated back to a Romance language? Would provide some insight, even if not conclusive.

Ahh, good point.
Sorry for leaking some flames out my, everywhere.
I'd be willing to bet that the other language folk on the other side went through the same dimensional shift and there should be differences- ONLY in their memories, however, of it being a different spelling when they where younger.

Maybe I'll start trolling browsing Chinese Twitter to find out...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

If it was Sammy the Squid it would be Sammy el Calamar in Spanish. Still Sammy though, cause thats like not up for translation or debate, its his actual name. Geez...

I should specify non-Romanized languages.

Wonder how it would be spelled when objectively transliterated back to a Romance language? Would provide some insight, even if not conclusive.

Ahh, good point.
Sorry for leaking some flames out my, everywhere.
I'd be willing to bet that the other language folk on the other side went through the same dimensional shift and there should be differences- ONLY in their memories, however, of it being a different spelling when they where younger.

Maybe I'll start trolling browsing Chinese Twitter to find out...

Hypothesis shared! Maybe the ATS folks that read/speak these or maybe were immigrants and had the non-English/non-Roman books at some point can chime in on their experience of the change.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The son of the Author offered his views that nothing had changed, only the failing minds of older fans.

My son of the authors ass. I've asked people who don't even know this
phenomenon exists. The question as I posed it: Remember the Berenstain
Bears? ( Berenstain first to make the suggestion ) Was it Berenstain or
Berenstein? 4 people said Berenstein 1 said," Wtf are you talk'n about? ".
Which I took as IDK. And I didn't grow up with the bears in anyway. But
would often fetch the book for my girlfriends daughter. And clearly I remember
saying and reading Berenstein. Not no friggen Berenstain! Which would have left
a stain on my brain in the re- membrane. You're out of your league on this one Net.
I love ya man, but you're out of your league.
edit on Rpm92815v33201500000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I remember the Berenstein Bears.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If I were a famous author and my namesake changed spelling overnight,

well, i'm not sure if I'd spill the beans to the public cuz it would hit global evening news and illicit social panDemonium

the government would likely SILENCE me first, no?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

if there truly was some sort of time shift or something like that, being the son of the author isn't going to make you any more of an authority than anyone else.

Well, he's an authority in that it's his name and the name of his family.

But I assume what you're saying is that this hypothetical time shift has produced a "new" family with a new name who remember only the "new" reality? Or that he and his family have somehow had their minds reprogrammed?

What argues against the timeline shift theory in my mind is that everyone in the "stein" camp seems to be people talking about their memories of owning and reading the books, usually as children. Is there anything from anyone from the family on down who were more closely connected and also missed the timeline shift? For example, a graphic artist working on the covers, someone in advertising, someone in publishing, someone at the printing plant, someone who was the buyer for Barnes and Noble and worked with the database everyday, someone who knew the family for years, including everyone who might have known the extended family who would all have suddenly had a different name, etc. etc. etc.

There are who knows how many people who were closely associated with this on a daily basis who would have woke up one day to a new spelling. Yet none of them seem to have noticed the timeline shift, only people who are talking about old memories.
edit on 28-9-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest

Ok that's weird, but the time stamp on the photo is even weirder!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

And my memory never ever fails me. If it would suddenly fail me
when there is some phenomenon? That in it self would be a
phenomenon on the same level anyway. So take your pick?

There's the proof right there above this post. Nuff said.
edit on Rpm92815v50201500000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest

There are claims online that this image is photoshopped.

However, that's neither here nor there. If there was a timeline shift and everything changed right down to the memories of the son of the author about how his name was spelled then (if real) why did this image not change?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TombEscaper
Why, or how, is it only now that these things have entered into the mass consciousness?

the internet. In the past, if someone had a drug addled vision that something wasn't as they remembered it, they had to go to a library to check out the facts. Today, you just type it in the Google, and BAM! there was another person who agrees with you, so now it's a conspiracy. The son of the Author offered his views that nothing had changed, only the failing minds of older fans.

Failing minds that all happen to be congruent with one another. The fact that the son said nothing changed is irrelevant, nobody is claiming the government replaced all the books and changed the name, if there truly was some sort of time shift or something like that, being the son of the author isn't going to make you any more of an authority than anyone else.

I wouldn't see this whole thing as being odd if everyone remembered differently, if some people said "bruinsteen" "brownstain" "Barranstein" and so on, but almost everyone remembers the same.

Same for the snow white one, if everyone remembered different versions "Big mirror on the wall" "Scary mirror on the wall" "Shiny mirror on the wall" it wouldn't be that odd, but everyone remembers the same specific thing.

Be dismissive and condescending all you want (just like the OP said you would be) but you aren't going to sway anyone's opinion.

That is how I see it as well.

If it weren't some many people, and all having the same memories of the exact same things.

It is inexplicable to me.

There is something to it.

There is an old joke, that was used on me, and I have used on many folks for laughs.

Write carrot, on a piece of paper, don't show the other person.

Have them add 2+4 3+3 and 1+5, then ask them to name a vegetable.

Most will say carrot.

I can't link from my phone, but found a lot just googling " number 6 carrot".

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: TombEscaper
I'm sure there were quit a few Ham Radio discussions going around back in the day, but the internet is barely 20 years strong,
It took a while to calm down and get to brass tacks what with all the suddenly free boobies that we could browse for free.

Then the very important work cut out for us with 911.

Its really only now, now that we've figured out the world is an evil conspiracy wrapped in an eviler conspiracy, that we have time to piece together our missing and altered past and all of the different dimensions that we could have crossed in and out of to ponder our memories of Bernstein and New Zealand being on the west coast, as it was when I was younger, so I remember.

I swear I remember that the NZ thing as well.

It was discussed in one of these threads, and I totally remember that.

My brother and I and several people we know around our age, I'm 37 he is 35, remember there being 32 days in a couple of the months.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

My brother and I and several people we know around our age, I'm 37 he is 35, remember there being 32 days in a couple of the months.

Some kind of variant of Poe's Law in effect here, I guess, but I'm gonna ask anyway: Are you joking?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Just throwing my photo in for GP...
It is NOT photoshopped although I have no way to prove it...

So, there could be two actual books with different names in existence or could there have been a mass "misprint"?
We have been looking through some old money recently and looking for those "oddball" prints, etc...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: johnwick

Some kind of variant of Poe's Law in effect here, I guess, but I'm gonna ask anyway: Are you joking?

Nope, it is a childhood memory.

One day after work a couple dozen people we know were at a cookout.

We had some beers and my brother brought it up, and I remember thinking that when I was a kid.

So did about half of the people there.

We all talked about it for about an hour, laughed it off and had a great time.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

There are claims online that this image is photoshopped.

And there always are. I just ran the photo thru Izitru.

They can find no proof of tampering. But every site says your
eyes are the best judge and you should be able to tell by looking.
edit on Rpm92815v14201500000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Theres no way that's photo shopped and I feel the same
way about the other photo.

So...WTF?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Zeitgeist, the spirit of the times...

Google trends info comparing Interview with A vampire (blue) with Interview with THE vampire (red).
www.google.com.au...=Interview%20with%20a%20vampire%2C%20Interview%20with%20the%20vampire&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT-8

In itself it does not give us much, but it does show that the volume of searches are about the same for both search strings.

BerenstAin Bears is blue, Berenstein is red. Notice there is no trending data for the A spelling prior to October 2005?, that might be of note to some???.
www.google.com.au...=The%20Berenstain%20Bears%2C%20Berenstein%20Bears&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT-8

This one is Mirror, mirror on the wall V Magic mirror on the wall:
www.google.com.au...=Mirror%20mirror%20on%20the%20wall%2C%20magic%20mirror%20on%20the%20wall&cmpt=q&tz=Etc%2FGMT-8

Draw your own conclusions.

EDIT: Damnit the links to the google trends are truncated--you cant just click to them. Well there goes that post down the drain

edit on 28-9-2015 by ItVibrates because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join