It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Religious freedom no excuse to deny rights to others

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Read Romans 1 and you will see God allows Homosexuality. what you will want to see is why he allows it.

I asked for your opinion. Not for my personal interpretation of the Bible.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sounds like the Pope ruffled his highness.

Meanwhile, of course religious freedom no excuse to deny rights to others. The problem is, a lot of people confuse natural rights with civil privileges.

There is no such thing as a right to marriage, services, health care, etc. Anything that places an obligation upon another person and/or needs a bureaucracy is not a right.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

it would not be you Interpretation seeing no scripture is of private interpretation. It is clear all one has to do is read it and believe it.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

it would not be you Interpretation seeing no scripture is of private interpretation. It is clear all one has to do is read it and believe it.

The entire Bible is open to personal interpretation.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hands down, Obama is the worst president since WWII: poll

Thar ya go . Plenty more of em if you look

Some folks should watch after their own politics first....and foremost

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Well I've been American since I was born, and I think Obama has been one of our better presidents. So, that's you reasoning behind why he's bad? That's it? But, what about these?

pleasecutthecrap.com...

Nafta, Cafta, Gatt... Those screwed America, and they were done before Obama. Corporations are making record profits and stockpiling the money instead of investing in the country, which is screwing America. Obama isn't a saint, but at least he's not another Bush. (In all fairness, I liked Poppy Bush as a president, but his son is a douche).

So, anyway, back to OP. I am a heterosexual male, but I'm pro-gay. I've always had plenty of gay and lesbian friends/family, and think they deserve way more than they've gotten to date. That said, this LGBTTQQIAAP crap, it just has to stop. This is part of the problem. Everyone wants their own designation, but then claim they just want to be treated like everyone else. Dude! Really?! I've had people think I was gay on several occasions. Was I offended? No. Because what people think of me is just not a big deal to me, as long as they're not shooting. In just a few years we went from gays, to gays and lesbians, to gays lesbians bisexuals and transgenders, to this crap. It's dividing the movement, and we all know divide and conquer is a thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Not according to the experts who rate presidents.

Actually, Obama currently bounces between about 15th and 18th.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

God doesn't like homosexual behavior?

Hmm... if that's the case than why did he create so many homosexuals?

I also have to wonder when and where God made this proclamation.

The Bible?

The same book that says a man picking up kindling on the Sabbath deserves to have his neighbors come together and brutally execute him by stoning?

The same book that condones slavery just one chapter after the oft lauded ten commandments?

Not sure anyone should care what things that God likes or doesn't like, as he's obviously the product of the superstitious and primitive minds that wrote those obscenely barbaric, ritualistic and sometimes downright silly, laws.

Good on Obama for understanding that the United States functions as a secular democratic Republic where religion is shielded from government, government from religion, and that people cannot be permitted to trample on the rights of others based on their "holy" book.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Ok, but if it's available to people just because they are Straight and not available to people just because they are GLBTQ+, or a different Race, or Gender etc than that is discrimination and that violates the 14th Amendment, so it would be illegal

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
...civil privileges.

Define 'civil privilege'.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Well my holy book says nothing of the sort and my god is real unlike yours.
You see this is a good point so many versions of god and man made laws so how do we decide which to follow?.
If we let religion trump peoples rights we are doomed.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

I don't want to have an honest discussion about people like Kim Davis. I want them to disappear,

actually now YOU sound more like Sharia and the Taliban

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

usually only to those who don't believe it.

But seeing an interpretation is from one language to another how do you interpret English into English?

Sorry no interpretation needed, just read it as it is, believe what it says, then reword it into your own words so you can internalize it.

edit on 29-9-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Count me among them.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: F4guy

I don't want to have an honest discussion about people like Kim Davis. I want them to disappear,

actually now YOU sound more like Sharia and the Taliban

Now that is just plain ignorant. A Person can't be "like" Sharia. Sharia is a legal system. A legal system can be like a legal system. And I guess an ideology could, in some respects, be considered to be like a legal system. But a person... not so much. So your comment is meaningless, incomprehensible blather, typical of ignorant fundie homophobic bigots.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Was looking for the perfect place to post this vid my mom just sent me....
speaks volumes to the current debacle in the US. In the UK, things are seen quite differently to here.

LOLOL!!!!!

People need to lighten up.
This is the 21st century.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

But seeing an interpretation is from one language to another how do you interpret English into English?

Sorry no interpretation needed, just read it as it is, believe what it says, then reword it into your own words so you can internalize it.

Can I once again, and with the greatest respect, ask you [ChesterJohn] to advise which parts of your "Authorized" [but by whom?] Bible do you believe to be literal, and which you believe to be allegorical. It will give us a better idea of your stance on this. From my experience, a la carte religion is rampant, and cherry picking seems to be the way that the Bible is 'interpreted' by people. On the other hand, there are the literalists, who don't seem to be able to justify any of the omissions, contradictions, fantasy, and errors once asked to dig a little deeper.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Love it!

Poor groom, let's hope the bride disclosed her sexual activity before the marriage and they both got STD cleared!

UK summed up in 4 words and a gesture.

"Each to their own" & *Shrug*

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I do not know if the has been posted elsewhere on ATS, but I think this thread is a good place to put this graphic.

edit on 30-9-2015 by Dreamwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

Makes Homosexual marriage look boring and twee.

Very cup of milky cup of tea and a couple of rich tea biscuits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join