It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Religious freedom no excuse to deny rights to others

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thank God for separation of Church and State.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yep, i did know that.
I think it might be an old compromise hanging around from the roundheads and cavaliers.

I think the queen is just a figurehead now, maybe no one can be bothered to re write the oath?

I ompletely agree they should change it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
a reply to: Annee

Yep, i did know that.
I think it might be an old compromise hanging around from the roundheads and cavaliers.

I think the queen is just a figurehead now, maybe no one can be bothered to re write the oath?

I ompletely agree they should change it.

I forget why I researched it. I think it had to do with the Boy Scouts which originated in England.

It has been changed a few times. It was taken out, then someone decided it needed to be put back.

So, some are trying to have it removed again.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How? you can still have Guns and Assault Rifles and whatever else you need to be 'American'

sorry, do you get denied services for having a Gun?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No.

I have to ask the state's permission before I can buy one.

They lay down the laws to as what type. How many rounds it can fire with the squeeze of the trigger. How many rounds it's magazine can hold.

Yeah as I said the 'Straight's' ( gun control crowd) says they get to INFRINGE on my second through 10th,14th amendment rights.

edit on 28-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

How? you can still get Guns, up until this Year i couldn't "Legally" Get Married, if i go to certain states i can legally get Denied Services, Housing,Property,Jobs or be fired... and i repeat you can still get Guns

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

So i guess someone missed the whole part about having to ask GOVERNMENT for permission part of this.

The state denies people EVERYWHERE ALL the time because they don't fit a specific set of criteria.

Should sound familiar.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Thank God for separation of Church and State.

Actually, He had nothing to do with it...

"...the introduction and application of the “Separation Between Church and State” doctrine into the fabric of American culture is one of the greatest acts of fraud and deception ever to be perpetrated upon the American people. The doctrine is nothing more than a legal fiction brought into existence only by committing tremendous violence against the founders’ original vision for the country.

The BIG Lie: “Separation of Church and State” (Part 15)

The doctrine or separation of church and state is a fabrication of blatantly liberal, anti-Christian, dishonest, activist judges. In fact, the words,"separation of church and state" are only words taken out of context from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson. They exist nowhere in the laws of our nation.

The Separation of Church and State Hoax

..."separation of church and state" is a gigantic fraud. Why? Because there is no separation of church and state. Government religion is a fact in the United States.

Court Unmasks Secularism as State "Religion"

"...the separation of church and state as understood today is a total fraud. It seems obvious that Founding Fathers vision is completely opposite to that of the ACLU or the liberal courts."

What the Founders believed regarding the Separation of Church and State

"the doctrine of separation of church and state is a scam..."

The Separation of Church and State Hoax

Most political conversations now initiated, concerning the separation of church and state, claim that the separation they speak of is based upon the U.S. Constitution. In reality, this phrase is found nowhere in the Constitution; neither is their argument.

Separation of Church and State: Then and Now

So before we can discuss the constitutionally protected rights of students at school, we have to dispel this sinister myth of the so-called “separation of church and state.” Like the proverbial monster hiding in a child’s closet, the “separation of church and state” is a pure figment of the imagination that has for far too long haunted us. It’s not in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, or any other of our nation’s founding documents.

Dispelling the Church-State Separation Myth at School

Mr. Patton claims that this is not a Christian nation. Is that right? The founders who built this great nation would disagree. One hundred fifty-five of the one hundred fifty-seven men who were considered America's founders were devout Christians! Thomas Jefferson, the man who coined the phrase ‘separation of Church and state’, it seems, did not abide by his very own ‘separation of Church and state’ doctrine. The reason he did not is because there was no such thing!

The Lie of Separation of Church and State

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I guess someone else is missing the point that we have to ask and still get denied, unlike Gun Owners

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

I guess someone else is missing the point that we have to ask and still get denied, unlike Gun Owners

And someone is still missing the point that LGBTS and Gun Owners.

Have a hell of a lot in common.

Some just refuse to see it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

How? you can still get Guns, up until this Year i couldn't "Legally" Get Married, if i go to certain states i can legally get Denied Services, Housing,Property,Jobs or be fired... and i repeat you can still get Guns

Yes you could have gotton married ever since you were of age.

Why would anyone ask what kinda sex one has in order to get a job?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

not sex, Sexual-Orientation, and in the states that they are legally allowed to deny Jobs to GLBTQ+ people they can, have and will, and if they don't ask if they found out they could Legally fire you as well

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Well my God says two consenting adults can get married so who's Gods law trumps who's?.
Mine does so marriage for all.
The end.
Get over it btw...do something else other then fight a lost battle.
edit on 28-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I don't think your God counts, sorry you didn't Qualify next time pick a Religion and a God that counts

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Read Romans 1 and you will see God allows Homosexuality. what you will want to see is why he allows it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The only God that dislike the free will of its creation and keep telling them that is a haven and hell that they will go if they do not follow its rules and commandments is the Man created God.

Dis you know that the Bible does not teach that you will go to heaven or hell if you follow or don't follow any rules or commandments.

the Commandments were written to and for Israel

Malachi 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

God does allow homosexual relationships even if he dislikes it. But for a far different reason than many understand and is clearly stated why in the Authorized Version of the Bible in Romans Chapter one.

By "authorized", I'm assuming you mean the KJV?
By "allow", do you just mean he doesn't smite them immediately? Because Paul makes it quite clear that God finds it very distasteful, and takes action behind the scenes, so to speak. Paul also lumps them in with those worthy of death in the same chapter. I guess I'm just curious about your take on it, and how you came to the conclusion you did. Sincere question, btw.

Romans 1:18 and other verse in chapter one say God gave them over to it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Read Romans 1 starting in verse 18 and you will see God gave men over to it, so is a sense he allows it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So, if he spends time on domestic affairs, he is failing. If he spends time on foreign affairs he is also failing.

He is an epic failure in all departments. He can talk , but no action unless it is action in the opposite direction. As a plus though , he brightened Jimmy Carter's world. Carter was voted out of being the worst President in the modern age if favor of Obama . This was a title he had held for nearly 30 yrs.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Memories certainly are short in the USA.

By what metric, other than the opinion of the most ill informed national population on the face of this entire planet, is Obama the worst president of the modern age?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join