It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salt Water Flows on Mars Today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
a reply to: EA006

Why should they be able to return home`?

Potential fuel source.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

No, one way ticket. Settlers always one way ticket. If you give someone a choice they will always choose in their best interest. One way

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: lostbook

I say, I don't get excited about NASA announcements any more.
I haven't for a while.
They overblow their announcements about crap that has been previously self evident.

Two different places in found the same solar system where conditions are right for flowing liquid surface water means that conditions for liquid water is probably very common throughout the galaxy/universe

I think that's exciting and the build up to the announcement was NOT overblown at all (at least not by NASA; although it was overblown by others).

Maybe I am in the minority, but I was thoroughly convinced by previous NASA announcements that they knew that there was liquid water flowing on Mars some time ago. It is exciting to know this, but I was excited back when they released the orbital photos showing the evidence.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I have questions, that's all.
One would be good to ask you I hope I hope.
Wouldn't any water on mars be contanimated with rust?
Surely we won't be going up there to fill our sparkletts bottles?

Okay thanks nice talk'n to ya!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: qd22vcc
So with them officially announcing water on Mars...I wonder if other information can be released that they may already know?

Phhhht...wishful thinking my friend.

And what do you think that may be?

Remnants of a civilization. The artifacts in NASA's own pictures. The same pictures with the evidence of water.

Ah, as i suspected...nonsense.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe I am in the minority, but I was thoroughly convinced by previous NASA announcements that they knew that there was liquid water flowing on Mars some time ago. It is exciting to know this, but I was excited back when they released the orbital photos showing the evidence.

There was ample evidence of liquid surface water in Mars's past; this is evidence of liquid surface water today. Big difference.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This announcement further enhances my pride in the United States of America. In fact, we continue to lead the world in scientific breakthroughs of all types..decade after decade. May God continue to bless this great country!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So with them officially announcing water on Mars...I wonder if other information can be released that they may already know?

Remnants of a civilization. The artifacts in NASA's own pictures. The same pictures with the evidence of water.

Have you learned nothing today?

Keep calling it out as nonsense, in a few years time when they admit to that as well, you can shove your apology right up your marse.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Great news, when can we get our salt water fishing license on mars?

edit on 38930America/ChicagoMon, 28 Sep 2015 11:38:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It could only be a matter of time...

For those who were expecting a martian monolith, have a kit kat. This is just a tease of what may come, many consider the discovery of Extraterrestrial life to come to us in peace in giant spaceships.

The reality is that if we find life on Mars, it will be so small the human eye cannot see it. So for all who say "meh" let it be known it was you who said "meh" when we took another step closer to answering one of the greatest questions in history.

edit on 28-9-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

It could only be a matter of time...

For those who were expecting a martian monolith, have a kit kat. This is just a tease of what may come, many consider the discovery of Extraterrestrial life to come to us in peace in giant spaceships.

The reality is that if we find life on Mars, it will be so small the human eye cannot see it. So for all who say "meh" let it be known it was you who said "meh" when we took another step closer to answering one of the greatest questions in history.

Quoted for agreement.

Well said mate.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Have you learned nothing today?

Keep calling it out as nonsense, in a few years time when they admit to that as well, you can shove your apology right up your marse.

Sure..well one of us is going to be right i guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The atmospheric pressure is so low that the water must be extremely briny not to sublimate. I'm betting on a subsurface aquifer rather than some sort of surface water cycle. This means there could be extremophile bugs underground.

There is condensation on the Rovers there is clouds in the sky and wind, there is a cycle.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

The atmospheric pressure is so low that the water must be extremely briny not to sublimate. I'm betting on a subsurface aquifer rather than some sort of surface water cycle. This means there could be extremophile bugs underground.

There is condensation on the Rovers there is clouds in the sky and wind, there is a cycle.

Fair enough, but it involves sublimating ice, not liquid water.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

There was ample evidence of liquid surface water in Mars's past; this is evidence of liquid surface water today. Big difference.

There have been photos released quite some time ago that showed exactly what they announced today. They had the evidence before of liquid water (the dark streaks that appear and disappear, according to the seasons) , I was not speaking of evidence of Mars having water in the past.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Excellant news, Presence of liquid water even low temperature saline water as well as suggesting the probability that some form of microbe may still exist on mars is also excellant as a source of oxygen and hydrogen, the impuritys could be screened out and this will provide a method to allow fuel and atmospheric production for habitat's and return journeys of colonists or manned expedition's ever get there and is actually a huge hurdle as far as proving feasability for such a mission is concerned, now how to get there without dying of radiation.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4nWithNoN4me
And once again, mainstream science has been forced to confirm facts which, if put forward ten or twenty years ago, would've been met with skepticism, and probably accusations of incompetence.

All scientific "truths" that were once defended by the ruling establishment have proven over time to be bull$#%t.

Indeed. Still anyone extrapolating, based on that phenomenon, to say that life of any kind exists there today will be drummed out of the "scientific community" for blasphemy. For whatever reason, THAT simply MUST be hidden from the masses, and this is NASA's TRUE mission.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think the movie "The Martian" coming out this week shows a stranded astronaut using Mars Water to keep himself alive. Amazing coincidence!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
has the mars crab pic i saw a few weeks ago now got legs? (sorry for the pun
)

www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Indeed. Still anyone extrapolating, based on that phenomenon, to say that life of any kind exists there today will be drummed out of the "scientific community" for blasphemy. For whatever reason, THAT simply MUST be hidden from the masses, and this is NASA's TRUE mission.

Actually, respectable scientists are now speculating about that. Your view of the "scientific community" is delusional.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join