It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Things Angels, Aliens, and The Gods of Mythology Have In Common

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

Pretty cool...although I don't agree with a couple of them. However, I do believe that it is entirely possible that they are all the same thing. And I agree with you; cultures didn't make up gods to explain away things. They were primitive, not stupid. They saw what they said they saw, and drew pictures of it substituting familiar things that made sense to them based on what they had knowledge of at the time as representations of what they saw, because they literally didn't know what they were looking at. But fabricating gods? No. They were as real as you and me.
edit on 30454America/ChicagoTue, 29 Sep 2015 04:45:24 -050030am30271America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

The reason they have so many things in common is that all three were invented by the human imagination to serve roughly the same purpose. You may also add fairies, bodhisattvas, Chinese household gods and other intermediaries between the human and divine worlds to that list.

Essentially, they are all the same thing. The phenomen was explained quite well by Carl Jung half a century ago.

Do I have to add that none of these beings actually exist?

edit on 29/9/15 by Astyanax because: I suppose I do.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
Cultures didn't make up gods to explain things? Did you mean to type that?

So volcano, wind, fire, love, war and sun gods actually exist rather than scientific explanations? They may not be stupid but their lack of understanding in these cultures produced these gods.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Do I have to add that none of these beings actually exist?

Probably.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I should have known a metaphysician would turn up sooner or later on a thread like this.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax
I'm not a metaphysician, but I pretend to be one online.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What about that crazy chick that channels Michael and Gabriel and such all the time? Angels get channeled too!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join