It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greykitty on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
As her first weeks on Earth went by, Greykitty grew strong with her twin brother Marty, and beautiful sister, Lulu. Together the three played and climbed the stairs until one day the door atop the staircase was left ajar.

Greykitty, ecstatic over having new territory to explore, darted straight to the sliding glass door leading to the outdoors. Greykitty knew just where to go as she had been carried around numerous times by her human, Misty. The glass door was slightly cracked open and she pawed at it with all of her might to no avail.

"What are you doing Greykitty? Here, lets all go outside.'' Misty's brother, Tom, said as he scooped up Greykitty, Marty and Lulu and took the three big kittens outside to be set down next to their father, Mr.Sing the Himalayan.

Greykitty was ecstatic as she sniffed her father. "I'm finally outside, Father. Now you can teach me The Way of Tooth and Claw!''

"Yes, Greykitty but soon you will have to get what's known as the shots.'' Mr. Sing went on to explain why she and her siblings would need them. Greykitty learned too of her siblings fates. "Marty will be what's known as fixed and possibly you will be too Greykitty and Lulu will be sold. But do not fear these things for these are the ways of where we live.''

Greykitty didn't like the sound of what she was hearing but did not care for she was finally outside and pounced with joy in front of her brother as he sniffed around the potted plants placed here and there.

Continued in next post...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Greykitty returned one day having finally gone to the dreaded vets and received her dreaded shots and could now go freely from inside to outdoors.

Her first day outside, Greykitty noticed an orange tabby and proceeded to approach him slowly. The Orange cat stared Greykitty down and flattened his ears back a bit. Greykitty just walked away and went to find her father.

"Ah so you are free to roam inside and out as you please now.'' Mr. Sing said with cheer.

"Yes and I have met the orange cat that I have never seen indoors.''

"Nicholas is who you speak of. He is what's known as a feral. He doesn't take to humans kindly, but for some reason he and I get along. I suspect he has been fixed after being put in a trap and then set free again. Nicholas has a good heart and is blessed to be fed by my human, Tom. As you must have realized, Tom is a good human. Be wary, though Greykitty and do not trust just any human.''

'' So does The Way of Tooth and Claw include defending myself against humans?'' Greykitty grew excited in hopes she would learn her first lesson.

"'First you must learn what already comes natural and that is The Art of Gentle Paw. When you are being lovingly manhandled by a good human you trust, you must use your paw and not your claw. Your body should give a slight resistance and you can press the pads of your paw against your kindly human.

"That makes perfect sense and a natural thing to do.''

"Well for the times you do not want picked up at all you must use the warning sign called The Quick Side Glance. If the human does not head this warning you may ever so gently give a Quick Batting Scratch. This move is only for the humans you trust, for they will respect your space and leave you alone.''

Greykitty learned the basics of cat to kindly Human moves with ease, but was eager to learn cat to cat combat and looked forward to another day.

Continued in next post...

edit on 28-9-2015 by peppycat because: missing word

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Each day Greykitty would learn different moves from her father. She learned The Arch and Puff, all manners of left and right swipes, The Ear Slash, The Front Paw Grab and Hind Kicks and all of the corresponding wails, hisses and screeches.

Each day Mr. Sing would remind Greykitty not to travel to far away and If she should hear Misty or Tom holler for her to either return or meow back to them.

Adventure got the best of Greykitty one day and she traveled further than she ever had. She came across another home that had its own share of cats and before she knew it, she was in a serious battle of tooth and claw with a burley shorthair tabby. The Tabby's human came along and kicked Greykittys hind.

Greykitty fled for her life and hid in a bush for three days gathering her wits and licking her wounds. All the while, Misty and Tom searched far and wide. They put fliers up around the neighborhood, called the local shelters and went door to door asking about Greykitty.

Tom And Misty were overcome with joy when Greykitty came limping up the driveway meowing hungrily.
Greykitty vowed to herself and to her father, never to go beyond their territory.

The years passed by and she would still fight, but only to defend her own ground. Nicolas softened a bit towards her and she was friendly with some of the other cats that lived at the same house. But because she could only communicate through thoughts with her father, she favored him the most.

It was a sad day when Mr. Sing passed of old age and she watched from afar as Tom buried her dear old dad.

Greykitty too grew old and was following around a spider one day. The spider led her down to a nearby creek and Greykitty's eyes grew wide as she came across an old, odd looking little creature. Right before her eyes the odd looking thing shed its skin and out came a beautiful, purple, iridescent dragonfly and it flew to the waters edge.

All of a sudden, there appeared a great gathering of the dragonflies going in a counter-clockwise circle. Greykitty remembered distantly someone she loved telling her when to come home and she entered under the circle, laid down to sleep, never to awake on Earth again.

Greykitty lived on in her human, Misty's memory and heart . Misty contemplated the rest of her own days why there was a dragonfly atop her dear Greykiity's head when she found Greykitty down by the creek. The dragonfly flew away and Greykittys very soul had returned home.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That was lovely peppycat,

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant Thank you and thank you for taking time to read it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well that was a rather abrupt ending...
Pleasant story though.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz Thank you for the critique, you've given me something to work on.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I enjoyed this thinking of the cats at home - "She learned The Arch and Puff, all manners of left and right swipes, The Ear Slash, The Front Paw Grab and Hind Kicks and all of the corresponding wails, hisses and screeches": So true!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow I'm sure there are moves I've never seen before, but who likes to watch their cats fight? Always gotta break it up.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh, there are many moves. A favourite is the Roll Over On Back And Bring Up The Front Paws. This is in accordance with the rule of "Feed Me Now".

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow My girl cat knows that one pretty good.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Any body can critic and criticize
I'm thinking more fights and a birth litter
Help appreciated, thanks for reading!😃

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Sorry I somehow missed this wonderful story!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 no one makes any suggestions for improvement ...i'dvlike to see some that a little bit, Q12😡

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This story is for my friend from the redwoods... here is song for she is always leaving...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: trollzi'm am currently working on the missing segments...where Grey meets her match and gives birth to three or two litters...not sure yet.
Appreciate critique a bunch.

top topics

join