It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quick and the Dead (1995) and the western genre

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This movie got only two stars, if I remember correctly. I really enjoyed the story line, but realize how it could have been better. I won't give any spoilers but I do want to point out how the story could have been better.

I think the character Ellen, played by Sharon Stone could have been a few notches tougher and her history a tad bit more tragic.
For folks who have seen this western you might know what I am talking about (Ellen's flashback)

It is the kind of movie, I could watch more than once, but no more than three times.

It's strange, I never think I am going to like a western, then I watch one and get absorbed.
I'm no expert on the subject but I wonder what other people think about this movie and if you know what I am talking about when I hint at how it could of been better.
Also, what westerns do folks recommend?
Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

my babysitter was an extra in that movie. she was my favorite and most beautiful babysitter i ever had

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1 That's super neat. Maybe I saw her in the background somewhere.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Watch "El Topo" by Alejandro Jodorowski.
Best Western ever.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Also, what westerns do folks recommend?

Does Firefly count as a western? Ok, it's also sci-fi, but it's still a western at heart.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23 whoa.. just looked up ''El Topo'' and it looks very interesting. Thanks skunkape23!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
if you want a good western i suggest the western "tombstone" staring val kilmer and kurt russel

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher is Firefly a movie or t.v. series? I've never seen it and vaguely know the name, but I'll look into it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1 Looks good. I had to stop watching 2&1/2 min into so as not spoil it too much. Definitely going on my list of movies to see. Thank you!

edit on 28-9-2015 by peppycat because: tablet changing words around

edit on 28-9-2015 by peppycat because: computer problems

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The wild bunch

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

i looked for her but could not find her and i would remember that pretty face anywhere, but i got confirmation her mom and my mom r bbfs, i am assuming she was just walking by in the background not recognizable

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal This looks good, old timey and in color. Thank you, I had fun watching the trailer. If only there were more video stores around these days.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I remember the movie, thought it was quite good, and am not a fan of Westerns, infact the only other ones I can think of that I remember liking was ''Young guns'' I think it was called? and ''Django unchained''.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They call me Trinity

Trinity is still my name

Tarrence Hill movies are beautifully hilarious!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The Man with no Name Trilogy is still great.

Once Upon a Time in The West.

The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Unforgiven.

The Magnificent Seven.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The Wild Bunch
The Long Riders
From a TV perspective Deadwood

I have yet to see anything that matches The Man With No Name trilogy though..Spaghetti western and in the case of general film making many sources list The Good, The Bad, The Ugly as being one of the best films of any genre.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The Shootist.

My favorite.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Any Clint Eastwood western. I can watch them all day.

Quick and the Dead was an interesting movie. I liked the concept. It is the kind of movie I will keep playing in the background when I am doing something else...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks folks for all the recommendations, it's hard to reply to everyone at once on my tablet so I hope all who have recommended movies in this thread see this post and know I appreciate the replies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join