It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Wisdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
You know, I was just browsing through the forum list looking where to post this, and well, this is the best place I could think of.

What is wisdom? Well, most of you know it is applied knowledge. Knowledge is the understanding of facts. Applying them in life is wisdom. For example, you may know that a hammer is used to nail things. And may observe it. When you pick up the hammer and then use it to nail something you are showing wisdom, applied knowledge.

Now I've been around, and I've seen many things, and been through a lot more. Sometimes you get dusty and dirty in life, and you need to clean yourself.

I don't play with this stuff, I just want to know. I have always wanted too.

I guess I just learned early. Don't know quite why, it wasn't because of myself. But it happened. The understanding of true wisdom.

Looking around you can see that human wisdom just doesn't cut it. It just doesn't. Now every election time comes around, people are hedging their bets on other humans, people they really don't know, (really if you did you wouldn't do that) that they have wisdom to fix things.

You have suffering. You, the person reading this. You suffer. You do. I have a little wisdom, so I know this. There is no way possible that you do not. It doesn't matter how great or how small, what color, language, sex, or age you are. We all want answers. Well, not everyone, but everyone that thinks.

What is true wisdom? Is it understanding how a nuclear bomb is made? Is it a lot of mathematical formulas? Or theories you are taught in evolution class? What among those things helps you become closer to your fellow human? Makes you a better man?

Is it in a painting or perhaps a writing, or a person who is charismatic? Certainly there is intelligence in each class of person who displays these qualities. No doubt.

Well, I am going to reveal something to the blessed reader, perhaps to something new. Wisdom is achieved, not by man's ambition, but by God's grace.

Scripture tells us succinctly:

(Psalm 111:10) . . .The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom.. . .

And really, that is where wisdom begins. True wisdom. Not false imaginations that are proven wrong, and lead to disappointment.

How does one get true wisdom?

The mind of God is unknowable. We know just the fringes (that is the edges) of his ways. His thoughts are higher than ours, as is the sunset is from the sunset. Yet he has left a wiff of his thinking, just a thought. And it is held in the Holy Scripture of truth.

By reading it, a young man can become wiser than the oldest man alive, as long as he does it in humility and with prayer.

Scripture tells us:

(James 1:5) . . .So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him.

You see how easy it is to get real wisdom?

But how do you have to search for it? Is it half-hardheartedly, without faith? No.

And just as I have gone through many trials and learned many things over the years, there is no doubt about these words...they are about finding a treasure.

You know, there is a show on TV called "Gold Rush." And it shows all of the time and effort people put in to dig gold out of the land to get a little money.

If you look for wisdom as some do for gold you will find it. We are told:

(Proverbs 2:3-6) . . .Moreover, if you call out for understanding And raise your voice for discernment;  4 If you keep seeking for it as for silver, And you keep searching for it as for hidden treasures;  5 Then you will understand the fear of Jehovah, And you will find the knowledge of God.  6 For Jehovah himself gives wisdom; From his mouth come knowledge and discernment.

Also, wisdom is not hidden. It stand clear for all to see. It calls out to you. It tells you to find him. And how many people refuse to heed his call. How many.

(Proverbs 1:20-22) . . .True wisdom cries aloud in the street. It keeps raising its voice in the public squares. 21 At the corner of the busy streets it calls out. At the entrances of the city gates it says: 22 “How long will you inexperienced ones love inexperience? How long will you ridiculers take pleasure in ridicule? And how long will you foolish ones hate knowledge?

I've lived long enough to know that most people reading this won't read this far. And those who do won't except the message given to them. But for perhaps the one that it reaches, this is the conclusion of the matter:

(Proverbs 1:23, 24) . . .Respond to my reproof. Then I will pour out my spirit for you; I will make my words known to you. 24 Because I called out, but you kept refusing, I stretched out my hand, but no one was paying attention,

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Plato believed the greatest wisdom was virtue.

He calls anyone without the wisdom of God a Sophist, one who uses flattery and rhetoric to persuade.

And anyone with Devine Wisdom a philosopher.

There will be no end to the troubles of states, or of humanity itself, till philosophers become kings in this world, or till those we now call kings and rulers really and truly become philosophers, and political power and philosophy thus come into the same hands. - Plato

It is clear by our leaders actions that they have no fear of God as they break his commands through lies and unjust murders. According to Plato these men are sophist.

When we place men in authority who have knowledge of God and the Wisdom to apply such knowledge in worldly affairs then and only then will we find peace.

SnF

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Wisdom is virtue. A very noble thought indeed.

The wisdom from above, not that from among mankind, is much different than what people imagine wisdom.

It is this:

(James 3:13-18) . . .Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him by his fine conduct demonstrate works performed with a mildness that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and contentiousness in your hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth. 15 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic. 16 For wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness, there will also be disorder and every vile thing.

17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. 18 Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for those who are making peace.

Jealousy is a lack of understanding. Bragging is denying truth. It is demonic.

True wisdom above all things, above all, beyond all is pure. If it is not pure it does not know wisdom or understand knowledge.

What is pure in this world?

Then it is reasonable. Can you imagine an evolutionist thinking that wisdom is reasonable? Or even understand what that means? It is not hypocritical. Wisdom is full of peace.

Let me give you an example of real wisdom.

You are on the interstate coming home from work, you are tired from a long day's work. Now here comes a fierce person behind you in a car, perhaps, honking his horn and cussing you out for going too slow. And you let him pass you by, gracefully, while the person gives you the finger. And you do it gracefully, bowing your head to that person, as if the other one was greater than you.

Who showed true wisdom?
edit on 28-9-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
True wisdom.
Be kind to others.
Beat the crap out of those who got it coming.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Well, as was mentioned above:

(James 3:17, 18) 17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. 18 Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for those who are making peace.

You got it half right. And for that you are to be commended.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I agree, always being able to maintain self control is true wisdom. One that I continue to work on within myself.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I agree, always being able to maintain self control is true wisdom. One that I continue to work on within myself.

I too. Daily. It is very hard for me, perhaps for others it is easier. But that has something I have always had to work on.

Perhaps you know, but I will reveal something to you. Self-control is a fruitage of the spirit. That is, it comes down from Jehovah God. And no one apart from God can have it. Look around at the world and understand this fact....

(Galatians 5:22, 23) . . .On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Everything quoted their is only found where God's spirit resides. Wherever there is no peace, no love, no patience, no kindness, no goodness, no faith, no mildness, no self-control, well, it is simply, God isn't there.

Ponder on that, real, real, real hard. Anyone understanding what that is saying.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
True wisdom is KNOWING that You do NOT know it all...

"The Tao that can be told is NOT the Eternal Tao."

This is revealed in the very first verse of the Tao Te Ching, probably so You could get on with Your day and LIVE it.. Nothing to buy, NoBody else telling You what it 'is'..

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I once heard it simlified down to this:

Knowledge is knowing what to say, wisdom is knowing when to say it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Knowledge: Knowing a tomato is a fruit.......Wisdom: Not putting that tomato in a fruit salad.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

True wisdom is KNOWING that You do NOT know it all...

"The Tao that can be told is NOT the Eternal Tao."

This is revealed in the very first verse of the Tao Te Ching, probably so You could get on with Your day and LIVE it.. Nothing to buy, NoBody else telling You what it 'is'..

That is true, but if there is no way to help someone understand the Tao I suppose that would be the first and last verse in the Tao Te Ching.

Obviously the author thought he could guide others to find the Tao within because he kept writing.

So I think the purpose of the rest of the writing is to say that the search for the Tao requires at least some effort.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ALL EXISTENCE is objective. We only exist as one another's objects, and as such only in the consciousness that cognises us, for our experience of one another is only an act of cognition in mind and in no way asserts the experiential existence of the object cognised. Our objective existence, therefore, is in mind only; that is, it is merely conceptual.

As regards subjective existence—is not that a contradiction in terms? That implies an objectivisation of subject, which as subject-object represents the hypothetical 'being' that we imagine that we are. Subjectively there can be no 'us'. Thereby is clearly demonstrated our total 'inexistence' other than as concepts in consciousness.

I am the dreamer of myself in the dream in which I appear, but as such what I am is not the objective (dreamed) appearance, and so I am no entity.

There is no true wisdom, for there is no thing to be wise.
edit on 28-9-2015 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Be excellent to each other!

Q: Who's truth and who's wisdom? By who's perspective?

new topics

top topics

join