It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I worrying too much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm going to preface this topic with the inclusion of my knowledge that agreeing with the "cancer" diagnosis with the internet is never good.

I for the past few months have been getting enlarged lymph nodes every time that I've had alcohol to drink. It doesn't matter how big or how small, my body doesn't care. Tonight has been a bit of a binge night and I've had seven beers and my lymph node above my Adam's apple is so big that I can physically feel it while I swallow. Now, of course if you google "alcohol lymph nodes" all you see is Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Now, I'm worried mostly about this. I had a blood test about a year ago that said that my white blood cell counts were off, but not by much. I had an ER visit that was unrelated a few months later where they did blood screening and each count (Leukocytes and Lymphocytes) were only .5 off and the doctor said she wasn't concerned... Should I make a visit with my primary care physicican for the node swelling that I've been noticing? Would a blood test do me any good? I'm just truly worried that in the off chance that it IS cancer somehow... I don't know.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You should never seek medical advice on ATS...

Nor on WebMD for that matter as any symptom generates results for 30 different kinds of cancer and 1 disease that only ducks can contract.

With that out of the way I'd say get thee to a doctor. Not because I am saying you have cancer, but because any prolonged swelling of the lymph nodes should be checked out as a "just in case".

If they were only becoming swollen after you have consumed alcohol... I'd likely stop drinking the alcohol as that can't be a good side affect. It would likely indicate that your body does not agree with the ingredients you are consuming. Food/drink allergies can cause swollen nodes.

www.livestrong.com...

So go see a doc just to put your mind at ease.
edit on 9/27/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you very very much for your advice. And, I know. Internet health advice can be taken with a grain of salt at times. XD I've been thinking about the allergy thing, but that would mean even more needles than the blood test for the "cancer' that I probably don't have. >.< I might make an appointment for next week and tell my doctor my concerns and see where he goes from there. Thanks for the post.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Myomistress

As indicated before, internet is not the place to get a diag. That thing being said, it may be interesting to you that Hodgkin's Lymphoma is caracterized by awfull night sweat and intense pruritus (Itching) (been there, done that...). See a doc, a radiography of the thorax is required.

Also FYI, a nodule that is painfull is generally inflamatory, a nodule that is not painfull at all is possibly cancerous. Secondly, a nodule that can be "moved" somewhat under the skin is probably not cancerous or benign, a nodule that is firmly "attached" MAY be cancerous. It is just a possibility, since dangerous cancer have the attribute of being invasive, they grow in a diffuse way.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well, I'm going to give you some medical advice. From what you are saying, I would definitely go and have a doctor check it out. Alcohol can actually increase the need for extra work for the lymph nodes indirectly by killing tissue if it does not completely metabolize properly but it usually is not enough to get swelling.

And someone responded that you should not get medical advice on ATS, so I suppose you should disregard that I am telling you to go to a doctor. The only way to get the proper answer on this is through blood work and speaking to someone who can evaluate the blood work properly.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
We're all going to die.
Until then, have fun.
That's my angle.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i love a good beer buzz.....but alcohol is a potent poison. I ve no clue what role the lymph system may have in dealing with the aftermat of a little binge.....but it does sound worth looking into. Most people have little warning before being diagnosed with cancer because the symptoms arent very obviious until its fairly advanced. Im a bit paranoid myself so i wont tell you youre worrying too much. If this physical response to drinking is a fairly new development id keep an open mind about it.....it could mean SOMETHING but not necesarilly the very worst something.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The only reasonable answer to questions like this:

It's probably nothing.

But if you are genuinely worried consult your doctor.

top topics

join