It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dating someone you work with. good or bad idea? your experiences

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Never butter your bread where you make your dough.

Seriously.

Bad idea.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Don't poop where you eat

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I would say first check your employee handbook to determine your company's policy on dating co-workers.

If either one of you is managing they other I would say it was a very bad idea. If not, it is still not a great idea but if you feel the need, go for it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: saiyankev

I started dating a guy at work. IF it works out, it's great (I've been married to him for 23 years.) But I can see how if it didn't work out, it could get pretty uncomfortable. Or even unbearable. How important is your job to you?

If I were you, I'd become a friend and continue to have lunch with her. TALK. Wait a good long time before going to that next step. Some issues (such as religion) can be a deal breaker, so talk more about that and see if you feel you could be compatible with her beliefs. Because unless you think she might be "the one", I don't think I'd pursue it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I would say that it entirely depends on the sort of persons that you both are, if you are both well psychologically adjusted, or if one or both of you has so many hangups that one of you has been mistaken for a wardrobe. It also depends on the job in question, the quality and maturity of the other staff there, the policy on that topic which may be in effect at your work place, and of course, on whether or not you are even compatible as a couple.

These are questions which cannot be answered without observing your dynamic as individuals, and as a pair, and in truth, the only persons who can possibly know the answers to your questions, are yourself, and this lady you have an interest in.

Personally speaking, I would not wish to date a co-worker, because doing so complicates the hell out of matters.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

i don't regret it but it ended up with me having to leave the freak show and jobs that I loved
now that I think I do regret it
but I don't know why you ask ... like you would listen
crazy love endorphins

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Been there twice (not including when I worked in the restaurant industry)
...neither of em worked out. But, I had a whole lotta fun on the run; learned some valuable relationship/life lessons along the way.

I'd say do it, but circumstances obviously vary.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Depends on the type of work.

If this is just a job, and you can get another, similar paying job easy enough, (like when you're a student, working at a grocery store or fast food), knock yourself out.

If it's more of a career though, and finding an equal job would be tricky, don't poop where you eat.

Simple as that really. No matter how hot she is, not worth that aggravation.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
update... so... unfortunately she doesn't seem interested in me at all in that way... just friends, she talked to some people and they told me, ohwell... move on, was a nice and interesting thought

thanks for the advice tho, even tho moat of u said to not do it

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

always ends badly for me, tried it twice. "You don't Sh@@ where you eat"

Well if you Sh@@ on your significant others... it is likely to end badly. You should avoid that.

As for dating a co worker i think it depends on your job, do they work at the same place or do you work with them every day. I personally think it's fine, but it really depends on the situation. If you have a kick ass job and work closely with this "someone" its probably not a great idea. If she works the drive through and you work the shake machine it probably isn't a big deal. You have to wonder what it will be like if the relationship goes south.

V

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Dating at work isn't a great idea...that said, I wouldn't be too put off by the purveyors of doom on this thread. Dating actually goes on a lot in the workplace; it wouldn't be nearly so popular if there were such dire consequences.

Casual sex is okay as long as both parties are grown-up and discreet.

But you've got to be smart. Don't make it a weekly thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I deleted my original thought because...well it was brutal.

Sounds like you are putting too much importance on her. You live in Naples, gorgeous, available, women every where you look. If you absolutely can't shake her out of your mind, then invite her to JOIN YOU, at one of your regular spots. Decide if she is a psycho outside of work and make your decision at that point. Anyone can hide crazy while in a suit at work.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

update... so... unfortunately she doesn't seem interested in me at all in that way... just friends, she talked to some people and they told me, ohwell... move on, was a nice and interesting thought thanks for the advice tho, even tho moat of u said to not do it

Plenty of other fish in the sea...and plenty of other bodies of water to fish in....

Work is like school, you see the same people over and over, and have a chance to get to know them (and occasionally) fall for one of them. So, the trick is to have some other hobby where you may see the same people over and over, that isn't where you work.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

ever heard of the old saying dont dip your pen in the family ink? there you go.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Honestly, this is bad idea. Because you stop concentrating on your actual work. You lose your attention for that certain person and that of course will influence on your performance.
Also if the relationship won't work out, that'll be hard to work with that person in one place.

However, life is sometimes unpredictable and, who knows, maybe you are to meet your true love and soulmate exactly ar work...
edit on 26-2-2016 by LeoNa1 because: made a mistake

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dripper

It's company ink, not family ink....just what kind of relationships are you thinking of? LOL.....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The struggle is real.
There's this cute gal where I work that is tempting me like the Serpent.
I still know better.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join