It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "reflection" on photo of Supermoon Lunar Eclipse...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Okay so let me start by saying these are completely rubbish photos taken with my gf's iPhone 6... She's adamant it's a reflection but can't seem to work out from where as the phone is directly pointed at the moon and there's nothing that bounces, refracts or mirrors the lens...?

ETA: Ok thanks to Milah I've worked this out now. Please see images below.

imgur.com...

edit on 27-9-2015 by TheBatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
try uploading them to IMGUR.com as it seems the image button here is for attaching pics in ones gallery on ATS or something(?)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBatch

there's nothing that bounces, refracts or mirrors the lens

The lens itself. Light passes through the lens to the sensor, bounces off the sensor back to the lens, then back to the sensor. You are seeing an internal reflection of the Moon.

photographylife.com...

edit on 9/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have figured it out & posted the photo(s) now.

I've also seen that it still appears (much darker) in her other photos since the eclipse began

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

there's nothing that bounces, refracts or mirrors the lens

The lens itself. Light passes through the lens to the sensor, bounces off the sensor back to the lens, then back to the sensor. You are seeing an internal reflection of the Moon.

photographylife.com...

There's no light that can be causing this though unless you mean from the moon itself.

In any case thanks for the explanation and they're pretty sweet photos though 👍🏼

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

There's no light that can be causing this though unless you mean from the moon itself.

Yes.
www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
C'mon Phage, you know as well as I do that's Nibiru.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBatch
Okay so let me start by saying these are completely rubbish photos taken with my gf's iPhone 6... She's adamant it's a reflection but can't seem to work out from where as the phone is directly pointed at the moon and there's nothing that bounces, refracts or mirrors the lens...?

ETA: Ok thanks to Milah I've worked this out now. Please see images below.

imgur.com...

Yes it's another image of the Moon and it's fainter your iphone has worked out an exposure based on the background so the Moon is over exposed, the flare image of the Moon is closer to the correct exposure as it's fainter.

Here is a good example Moon lens Flare

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was also taking pictures an hour ago..I took about 4 pics but two of them have these huge bubbles at least 3 bubbles. I used no flash an the moon is a red dot. Anyone really know what it could be..I don't think it's a reflection since only 2 of the pics came out with these bubbled. If they are orbs I've never seen anything that big.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: purplehrt48

I don't think it's a reflection since only 2 of the pics came out with these bubbled.

It depends where in the frame the Moon is located. With the Moon very close to the center of the frame, the reflection will not appear.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ia reply to: Phage I could see if was 1 bubble but there's at least 3 overlapping each other

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: purplehrt48

I could see if was 1 bubble but there's at least 3 overlapping each other
No reason there can't be multiple internal reflections. Or maybe there were invisible bubbles that only your camera could see.

www.ishootshows.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplehrt48
I was also taking pictures an hour ago..I took about 4 pics but two of them have these huge bubbles at least 3 bubbles. I used no flash an the moon is a red dot. Anyone really know what it could be..I don't think it's a reflection since only 2 of the pics came out with these bubbled. If they are orbs I've never seen anything that big.

Come on dude. Lens flares happen all the time, you know they exist and surely know they all depend on the position of the light source.

"Orbs" on the other hand do not exist , other than in the minds of people who somehow have gone through life without ever seeing anything small and bright and out of focus.
How are you even questioning this.

And Phages explanation of the internal reflections in a lens/camera was spot on. Maybe maybe one day he will let someone else explain something though?

just kidding Phage

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplehrt48

What type of camera ,exposure details, post the pics and let everyone see.

How to post pics.
Top Right click the white circle with what looks like a letter v in it.

Choose UPLOAD

Click the UPLOAD icon.

Select your pics

Next to the upload icon click the UP arrow.

Your pics will appear on the page.

Click on a picture and a popup will appear.

Copy the text at the top into your post and the pic will appear in your post.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Its called a lightbulb and a window

new topics

top topics

join