It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best musician you've never heard of

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Aedaeum
I hate it when people claim "best" or "greatest" musician. Music is art, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no such thing as the "best" or the "greatest" when it comes to art, only opinion.

I find a lot of blues music all cookie-cutter with dull vocals, much like the OP. I'm with chr0naut here, I prefer a visceral musical experience which transports me into the soul of the artist (emotional connection). That being said I have a wide range of tastes from Metal, Rock, Pop and Electronica to Jazz, Opera, and Classical. There is no single Genre or Artist that can completely satisfy my tastes.

Sounds like you're just trying to justify your sh*t taste in music.

Vice versa.

No, not really. I'm saying, as an objective fact, that you and the other poster's tastes are sh*t and mine are patently superior. I'm prepared to back up this assertion. We can gather a group of 100 willing participants and play for them a selection of music, one chosen by me and one by you. Afterwards we'll conduct a survey and ask which selection each participant preferred.

I hypothesize that they'll prefer mine, by a large margin.

Come at me.

You and that other quaint poster can go smoke pot and listen to Bassnectar for your "visceral music experience", this thread is for the big boys.

If you are calling upon weight of numbers to support your position, I might just point out that Mr Kimbrough isn't at the top of the charts (and never has been). You don't have to waste any time doing your musical popularity research!

PS, I'm not particularly Interested in Bassnectar. Just noisy electronica to me. I prefer music that is played rather than programmed. I also have found MJ highly irritating (plus it's illegal in the countries I frequent), so I don't smoke.

Perhaps you should compare these:

... could probably do hundreds more, but Billie just...

edit on 28/9/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Whoah! This is going to be interesting. Regardless of who won, what will this survey empirically prove? That conspiracy theorists have better musical tastes as compared to whom... non-conspiracy theorists?

If music is food for the soul, I guess this thread will expand our menu either way. Now I'm going to sit back, get some popcorn and light my bong.

Just a suggestion, how about Miles Davis' B*tches Brew, Django Reinhardt's September Song or Igor Stravinsky's Le Sacre du printemps?... too quaint?... ok, I'm going to shut up now.
edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No, not really. I'm saying, as an objective fact, that you and the other poster's tastes are sh*t and mine are patently superior. I'm prepared to back up this assertion. We can gather a group of 100 willing participants and play for them a selection of music, one chosen by me and one by you. Afterwards we'll conduct a survey and ask which selection each participant preferred.

Come at me.

You and that other quaint poster can go smoke pot and listen to Bassnectar for your "visceral music experience", this thread is for the big boys.

This has to be the most asinine, narcissistic, ignorant posts that I've ever seen on ATS.

Your OP is completely based on subjective taste, yet you claim that if someone doesn't like it, that they have terrible taste in music and that your opinion is a provable fact--all the while staring at the face of the truth that is your opinion is subjective.

You need a full-on excavator to dig your way out of this pile of bull#.

This thread belongs in the hoax bin.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
I thought he was joking. it sounds like the mock braggadocio between drinking buddies while arms flail wildly.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Come at me.

This has to be the most asinine, narcissistic, ignorant posts that I've ever seen on ATS.

Your OP is completely based on subjective taste, yet you claim that if someone doesn't like it, that they have terrible taste in music and that your opinion is a provable fact--all the while staring at the face of the truth that is your opinion is subjective.

You need a full-on excavator to dig your way out of this pile of bull#.

This thread belongs in the hoax bin.

You have serious problems man. If you couldn't tell that I was joking, there is something wrong with you.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Touché. Perhaps your tastes aren't totally sh*t......

Anyway, here is an interesting fellow from Mali that plays a few good tunes:

edit on 29-9-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join