It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on my Child's school *credible threat level for tomorrow 9/27/15*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would contact your local police Dept.

They will know what's up.

Don't alway's believe in gossip. Remember these are kids, Incorrect information could be very damaging.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ketsuko

Wonder if it is just the parents circulating who they think it is.

But ya if they know who mad the threat I agree with, keep him away and let day continue.

See? That's what I don't get. When the OP says "school reach," to me that implies it's somewhat official like an official school message system. And if the school is sending out official notices about this, then it seems they must know who they think this kid is and are worried enough to take steps, but if that was the case, then you would think one of those steps would be to deal directly with the kid in question.

So maybe I'm misunderstanding what school reach means.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

None of this is clear yet. We do not know if the authorities have gone to check out this kid and make an arrest or whatever needs to be done.

He CUT his cat in half on Christmas to see if his sword worked. This kid needs some serious help.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Well ya that is a bit of the confusion.
You did make it sound like the authorities had identified who made the threat.
Who was it that said that kid was the one that made the threat?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You got it, it is an automated school phone system that calls parents when there are messages both good and bad, weather related changes stuff like that.

I figured at first... when they said on the school reach message there would eb a heavy Police presence ALL week long, that they did Not know who the threat came from. I do not know just guessing. But if they knew 'who' then why not put into custody before school opens tomorrow and get him help?

Too many unanswered questions still.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

As soon as I went to the family room to share this with the Children, my teens and their close friends, they all literally jumped up and started calling their parents and we were discussing "Who" it could be when one of the boys told me about the locker room threat , second hand they had heard last week.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

If you live in that small a town, then you should be able to contact the school well in advance of needing to take your kid there.

That's what I would do. And depending on what they say, that's when I would make any further decisions.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

If it is who my Kids think it is, this is the kid who cut his Cat in Half on Christmas to check out his new sword...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

WEll I plan to show up tomorrow and look them in the eyes, starting with "What do we KNOW?". I am so sick of this BS with schools acting like they know best how to keep MY child safe! I hate it!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
OK off to make dinner and such. I appreciate the questions, comments and suggestions more than you guys know, I thank you all.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Your number one responsibility as a parent is to protect your children. There is NO WAY I would allow my child to go to school with a 'credible threat' of violence.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you live in that small a town, then you should be able to contact the school well in advance of needing to take your kid there.

That's what I would do. And depending on what they say, that's when I would make any further decisions.

That would be the best idea, antar. A school can't just phone you or text you or whatever and expect you to guess what is going to happen next. They'll need to keep parents informed, but if you have any doubts at all, then just keep him off until you feel confident that he's going to be ok. He's your boy, you need to feel ok about sending him there.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I would reach out to his school and see what you can get out of them also look to see if there are any active shooter drills in the area with your local police and then it will be a judgement call on your behalf but I wouldn't run the risk Id see what you can get out of the school...???

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Keep him home. Trust me, you will not be the only parent that does.
With enough absentees, the school might even close for a day or so while the police do their investigating.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

WEll I plan to show up tomorrow and look them in the eyes, starting with "What do we KNOW?". I am so sick of this BS with schools acting like they know best how to keep MY child safe! I hate it!

How about stay home with the kid and give them a phone call?

If you have any chance of some little psychopath running around, why go to his "rumored" target at all.

Hell, it is just a day of school or two. You can miss quite a few days and not have that much of an impact.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This is from a retired teacher...keep him home! If my kids were of school age, I would have definitely kept them home. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I guarantee if most parents know about this threat, the school will be more than half empty. I wouldn't be surprised if teachers are also concerned. With the number of school shooting across this country, you can't take threats like this lightly.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: neo96

I believe their thought is, if they close school every time there is a rumor of a shooting, they will be closing the school every week.

Then why wouldn't they notify parents similarly every week if there is a rumor of a shooting every week?

Why this time if it isn't special or unique?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Dang, That's just sick. Bad new's This kid's parent's must be terrified.

I wonder what kind of medication he has been on????

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If it were my child he would be at home until the threat was removed. I would expect the school to grant some lenience with regards to attendance during an event such as this. If there were ever extenuating circumstances, this must surely qualify.

Good luck and God Bless. Stay safe.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sounds like a bring your mom with her gun to school day.

Straight shootin

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join