It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambra says hey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey all,

I'm from South Texas and stumbled across some posts from this site that really spoke to the aimless rambling of my mind. I enjoy learning about various religions from the well read and open minded. Mostly, I'm interested in metaphysics, astrophysics, and good books. There are some really interesting posts around here and I look forward to being a part of some great conversations.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to you, nice to meet you I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EvalynnAmbra

Welcome aboard...jump in and enjoy!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

thank you too! Looking forward to it!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Welcome! What books would you put at the top of your must read list?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
hello, welcome

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

I guess that depends on what you are most interested in. I read from almost all genres that are good (wow that sounded snobby lol) jk seriously though. Are you into politics, science, or even fiction ?? I don't want to waste your time
but i do want to give some of my favs

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

thanks! I like your signature quote.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I'll read just about anything when I have time. Lately though everything I've read has been about programming or math. Godel, Escher, Bach would be my favorite overall. 1984 was good. I thought it was a bit far fetched until I read Treblinka, by Steiner (reality was even worse). I used to read a lot of Sci-Fi when I was a kid. Mythology is also appealing to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

I know the title is cheesy but Jim Holt's "why does the universe exist?" is actually pretty good. I read it this summer and it has alot of math in it. He calls it an "existential detective story" but what it really has is a bunch of great interviews with some of today's top brainiacs in the field of science and math about the physics and purpose of the how the universe works. There are several chapters on the ideas of great mathematicians that i struggled with truth be told ha ha. It sounds like you'd fare better. Jim Holt is the guy that writes science for the new york times ( he's readable). Anyways, if you do read it tell me what you think or maybe you can even help me out with the stuff i dont understand lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvalynnAmbra
I know the title is cheesy but Jim Holt's "why does the universe exist?" is actually pretty good.

Great book. I enjoyed that one.

I am also a fan of Brian Greene's books as they are not as math-heavy and he explains physics that even a person with no grounding in the subject can comprehend.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Awesome, you're the first person I've met that has read it. I know that's surprising but i dont walk in heavy reader circles irl. I'll check him out. Thank you for your suggestion. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Ambra

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Seeing your posts, i think, that only msg is: go to school.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Welcome and EnJoY your time here..
Down the Rabbit hole you go.....

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm pretty pumped about it.

Cool. I am a bit of a physics buff so I enjoy reading books on theoretical and quantum physics.

For just an overall literature pick I would say read House of Leaves which is possibly one of the most interesting and challenging books you can read. It is a total mind eff.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yes! I love that book. It's not my fav but i love it pretty hard lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yes! I love that book. It's not my fav but i love it pretty hard lol.

Sounds like you are a serious reader. I may have to work overtime to recommend something you have not gotten to already.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ha ha. I am an avid reader it is true. But there really is so so much I haven't read so it won't be that hard. I wanted to be a writer when I was growing up so I really put great writers up on a pedestal. It seems like you have good taste!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

thank you!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join