It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the impossible fossils

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
hi,

I just read this

it's about findings of human fossils millions of years old

I will translate some of them:

In 1842,a badly preserved human skull was found in a (lignite? don't know the english word) layer old of 15 to 50 millions years.this object is part of the freiberg mining academy of germany

On the 10th of april 1867,human bones and copper arrowheads were found 400m underneath the earth in the Rocky point mine,Gilman,colorado.the story was related in the Saturday herald of iowa city.The layer were they were found was dated 135 million years old.

2 weeks later,Dr booth found more remains (a femur,vertabra and carbonised pieces of wood).the age of the layer where they were found is aged 425 million years

drawings of dinosaurs and silex objects old of 20 millions years (while it is believed that man is 4 million years old and that dinosaurs died 60 million years ago)

there are also impossible objects,such as nails,vases or remnants of pillars and wooden planks hundreds of thousands of years old

A une quinzaine de m�tres sous le niveau du sol, dans une couche de sable, des ouvriers trouv�rent tout d'abord des bouts de colonnes et des blocs d�j� taill�s ; plus bas, des pi�ces m�talliques faisant penser � des pi�ces de monnaie, des manches d'outils en bois p�trifi�s, une grande planche de bois �galement p�trifi�e.Et tout cela daterait de 300 millions d'ann�es, si l'on admet que les th�ories classiques de la g�ologie, quant � la formation des roches d'une part et du d�lai de p�trification d'autre part, sont exactes

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Can you transl;ate to english?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
A une quinzaine de m�tres sous le niveau du sol, dans une couche de sable, des ouvriers trouv�rent tout d'abord des bouts de colonnes et des blocs d�j� taill�s ; plus bas, des pi�ces m�talliques faisant penser � des pi�ces de monnaie, des manches d'outils en bois p�trifi�s, une grande planche de bois �galement p�trifi�e.Et tout cela daterait de 300 millions d'ann�es, si l'on admet que les th�ories classiques de la g�ologie, quant � la formation des roches d'une part et du d�lai de p�trification d'autre part, sont exactes

in a layer of sand,15meters underneath the ground,workers found pieces of columns and sculptured blocks.underneath they found metal pieces that looked like money coins,wooden tools,a big wooden plank all petrified.the objects were 300 million years old,if we admit that the classic theories of geology,about the formation of rocks and the delays of petrification are exact

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If I had to guess, and thats really all this is (a guess), I would say that our knowledge of geology is what has to give, not our knowledge of civilization.

Human civilization and especially our modern capacity for observing and recording events, has only been around for a split-second relative to the geological time scale. Our planet can probably do a lot of stuff that we've barely ever seen and never adequately recorded.
For example, under certain conditions which I could not hope to guess at, might it be possible for ground (especially sand such as where this find was made) to by some process lose its integrity and allow the sinking of surface materials which might then form into rock or fossils on an accelerated schedule?

I note that OOPARTs are often reported as being found in coal mines, and my grandfather has brought up very interesting plant and animal fossils from very very deep in the earth while drilling for oil- he has brought up extremely large teeth and jointed plant stems from tens of thousands of feet down he tells me. How could anything have ever gotten to such a depth?
The fact that this is related to hydrocarbons reminds me of how some things mysteriously sink in the sea. On continental shelves, methane is released from the earth and forms methane hydrates which if warmed enough become gaseous and lower the density of the sea to the point that it can swallow a ship- this is thought to be the cause of the bermuda triangle. What if a similiar process could play out on land, causing the land to on rare occasions swallow surface material, and perhaps allowing it to fossilize more quickly?

top topics

join